Beckham speeding - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Beckham speeding

Egotistical wanker pays a fortune to take to court on a technicality when he was doing 59 in a 40 mph area. Done the same in 1999 when he got off by making excuse he was chased by papparazi. This man is a dangerous khunt behind the wheel as well as being an obnoxious khunt in general. I bet its no the only thing hes paid to diappear. Wheres the burdz ? Fucking hate the cunt with a passion.

We are told that we’re all equal under the law. That justice is blind. Total crap. Antoine France famously said, “In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.”

If the likes of him can buy his way out of justice (and his lawyer has said clearly that he was speeding) then there is no justice. 

On 5 September 2018 at 2:10 PM, irnbruman said:

Egotistical wanker pays a fortune to take to court on a technicality when he was doing 59 in a 40 mph area. Done the same in 1999 when he got off by making excuse he was chased by papparazi. This man is a dangerous khunt behind the wheel as well as being an obnoxious khunt in general. I bet its no the only thing hes paid to diappear. Wheres the burdz ? Fucking hate the cunt with a passion.

To be fair, two convictions for speeding in nearly twenty years doesn't make you a dangerous kyunt behind a wheel, I've had four in that period.  

Did you think Alex Ferguson was a disgrace when he got off a speeding charge because he was scared he was going to shit his pants?

David Beckham appealing a speeding ticket is akin to Rangers and Celtic appealing every red card they get.

The cost to them is negligible and there’s a good chance they can get off as they can afford the best representation.

If I had a bottomless pit of money, I’d probably have appealed 3/4 fixed penalties I’ve had. Only 1 I felt was a fair cop, where I was just going too fast.

Although if I had a clean licence, is it worth the hassle?

Leigh Griffiths was in court last week for speeding on the kingsway in Dundee.

Edited by sbcmfc

Just now, Fairbairn said:

Probably trying to get out of Dundee tbf......

What’s the best thing to come out if Dundee?

The A90

:lol:

i presumes he was going to McDonald’s or a soft play, I presume he has some kids in Dundee?

(to be fair to Dundee, over the last 5-10 years it’s improved drastically! Down at the waterfront is really nice now.)

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Leigh Griffiths was in court last week for speeding on the kingsway in Dundee.

I've been done for speeding 3 times. Two of them were on that road. 

The second time was about 50 yards in to the new 40mph just at the Tesco, a week after they changed it from a 50mph and i hadn't noticed. 

Absolute wankers. 

Yeah, ones like that are pretty harsh, unless you were doing 60...

Stinks of a money making excercise.

I’ve never seen the van there yet, but notice a lot of cars brake at the bridge where the limit changes heading North, I presume that’s where you got done.

45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’ve never seen the van there yet, but notice a lot of cars brake at the bridge where the limit changes heading North, I presume that’s where you got done.

Yup, the exact spot.

4 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

The Kingsway is an absolute cash cow for the authorities, the devious bastards change it a couple of times from 40 to 50, 50 - 60 and 60 to 70 at various intervals without any obvious reason. Bastards. 

Going round a circle at 70 is a wee bit excessive, though.

Once for speeding for me, works van. 

Thought I was in for getting the riot act when they told me I was caught and they just laughed as I was only one of three people (from about 40) that hadn’t been done in their vans 😂

85 while overtaking a lorry, so it was a fair cop. 

Got 3 points and £100 for parking on zig zags after a pedestrian crossing with my back wheels, tried to take a photo of how I was parked and the cop told me it would be a lot worse for me if I didn’t move it immediately. 

Think i pissed her off when I left for 5 minutes to go to a pay & display machine though 🙈🤣

He might get off, but his reputation will rightly take a hit. I hope it does anyway. I certainly think less of him because of this.

That lawyer is an ass, too. The reason for having speed limits is for everyone's safety. Or at least it should be.

If Beckham had hit someone due to him not being able to stop in time because of his speed, would that person be less injured because someone later failed to send some paperwork on time!?!

To actually have the nerve to admit that you were speeding, but contest it on a technicality, is pretty damn shameful in my opinion.

Almost everyone has exceeded the speed limit from time to time, so I'm not making Beckham out to be a monster.

I just think that, as he's not got any excuse for why he was speeding, he should take it on the chin.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, sbcmfc said:

What’s the best thing to come out if Dundee?

The A90

:lol:

i presumes he was going to McDonald’s or a soft play, I presume he has some kids in Dundee?

(to be fair to Dundee, over the last 5-10 years it’s improved drastically! Down at the waterfront is really nice now.)

2 double whiskies.😄