Hampden Transport Links - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden Transport Links

Alan

Loads

1. Citylink Buses

2. Train with multiple stations

3. Public buses

4. Near the motorway for cars

5. Walk from city centre or have a drink/meal pre or post match in Kings Park, Mount Florida, Battlefield, Langside, Shawlands, Queens Park, Strsthbungo, Govanhill!

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-v-belgium-fan-info/?rid=1192

Scotland v Belgium
Friday, 7 September 2018
7.45pm kick-off
Hampden Park, Glasgow

Are you coming along to watch Scotland take on Belgium at Hampden Park on Friday, 7 September? Here is some information you might want to know ahead of the game.

Travel

Buses direct to and from Hampden

We are pleased to announce that Citylink are running three dedicated services from Aberdeen, Fife and Edinburgh, to and from Hampden Park.

These services will allow fans to travel from point of origin directly to Hampden Park and to return home, again directly from the stadium with pick-ups and drop-offs on the way.

For more information and to book visit here

(Select Hampden Park from the destination list when booking)

We are working with @ScotCitylink to run three dedicated services from Aberdeen, Fife and Edinburgh, to and from Hampden Park for our matches against Belgium and Albania, with pick-up and drop-off points on the way.

➡️ Find out more & book: https://t.co/NVR1MOktYspic.twitter.com/Dh1rN4Nb1R

— Scotland National Team (@ScotlandNT) September 2, 2018

By Train

Regular trains run to and from Mount Florida (7 minutes walk from Hampden), Kings Park (12 mins) and Crosshill Stations (13 mins).

By Bus

First Glasgow operate the following bus services to Hampden Park and surrounding areas from the city centre on a regular basis:

5, 6, 7, 7A, 31, 75, 90

Visit the First Group journey planner to plan your bus journey

By Car

Parking around Hampden is restricted to permit holders only. The resident parking area extends to approximately one mile around the stadium.

16 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

What is the best train station to use after the game if you don't want to stand in the queue at Mount Florida? Ideally something before Mount Florida so you can get on a train before it is rammed?

I think Cathcart is the stop before Mount Florida. Went to a pub near there after the Costa Rica game.

The queue at MF always looks a lot worse than it is. It moves pretty quickly but you do have to sit and listen to people from the east coast with their shite patter/accents for about 20 minutes or so, so can't blame anyone for looking for an alternative to that.

There's also crosshill, Queens park and kings park all close by, and for those that are able to then the walk to the town centre is fine as well.

2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I think Cathcart is the stop before Mount Florida. Went to a pub near there after the Costa Rica game.

The queue at MF always looks a lot worse than it is. It moves pretty quickly but you do have to sit and listen to people from the east coast with their shite patter/accents for about 20 minutes or so, so can't blame anyone for looking for an alternative to that.

There's also crosshill, Queens park and kings park all close by, and for those that are able to then the walk to the town centre is fine as well.

Ta. The walk would be fine, but we only usually play evening kick offs in rubbish weather so that usually puts me off lol

3 hours ago, theweestevie said:

What is the best train station to use after the game if you don't want to stand in the queue at Mount Florida? Ideally something before Mount Florida so you can get on a train before it is rammed?

Cathcart is stop before Mount Florida

12 mins walk from Hampden.  

It's the best station to use IMHO.

Other stations on different lines are Kings Park and Crossmyloof is a good shout but further walk.

20 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

The salt and sauce Teuchters will be along soon to tell you Hampden has no transport links. Complete myth

To be fair, its not the Hampden transport links that get knocked so far as I’m concerned,, its the links to Glasgow itself from the north  that are the issue. Fucking diabolical, especially getting out of Glasgow. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

To be fair, its not the Hampden transport links that get knocked so far as I’m concerned,, its the links to Glasgow itself from the north  that are the issue. Fucking diabolical, especially getting out of Glasgow. 

I stay in Renfrewshire so obviously have no experience of this. What's the main issue, trains not running late enough?

Edited by Scotland Ever More

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I stay in Renfrewshire so obviously have no experience of this. What's the main issue, trains not running late enough?

Yeah pretty much. Basically its impossible to get a train later than 9.38pm that goes to Dundee or further north which rules out getting the train for any evening KO. Ridiculous. The service through there from Dundee and Aberdeen etc is pretty pish as well with no extra provision for a big match. Guaranteed the train will be rammed by Dundee with no seats.

Really pathetic. As I say, no issues getting to and from city centre to hampden. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Yeah pretty much. Basically its impossible to get a train later than 9.38pm that goes to Dundee or further north which rules out getting the train for any evening KO. Ridiculous. The service through there from Dundee and Aberdeen etc is pretty pish as well with no extra provision for a big match. Guaranteed the train will be rammed by Dundee with no seats.

Really pathetic. As I say, no issues getting to and from city centre to hampden. 

That is pish but people from Ayshire and Renfrewshire would be faced with the same problems if they moved to Murrayfield. It's something Abello or whatever they're called should be looking to address. 

When I used to go we used to get the train to/from Rutherglen for South Lanarkshire. Walk was around 30mins (through bandit country/Toryglen right enough).

Other option is to go to Kings Park station and go east to Newton and change there. You can also double back into Central this way. Kings Park is only 10mins from the South Stand.