Anti-Semitism - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anti-Semitism

I'm baffled by all the furore on this subject. In all my days both in Scotland and in England - Ive never come across a single instance of this either in the workplace or in public. it seems to me its purely manufactured by the Establishment to get rid of Corbyn. I'm not a Labour voter (would vote SNP but not able to in England) but Corbyn seems to be threat to the supposed order in England. (id agree totally with his ideas on a much fairer tax system - there would be no austerity if tax was addressed with the same zeal that this government attacks benefits.).

This supposed international holocaust definition of Anti-Semitism seems to overlap with criticism of the Israeli government. For me many in the Labour Party and other parties have criticised the Israeli government and espoused the cause of Palastine - but the media seem to like to address that as anti-Semitism. The BBC politically seem to support the Israeli government in its news coverage on the Middle East with the same neutrality as it covers the SNP and Scottish Independence. But the BBC is also hugely anti -Jeremy Corbyn especially with the venom from its political editor Kuenssberg. So its seems very convenient to attack Corbyn with the anti-Semitism allegations - and also give huge coverage to the Blairites who are also jumping on the bandwagon - vis a vis that arsehole Frank Field and similarly David Blunkett (pair of kunts).

I came across anti-semetism from a random in a pub once in Glasgow and that's it.  still remember it because i'd never heard it in real life before and i don't feel like i live a sheltered life!  i don't think it really exists much here; not because we're any better than anybody else but hardly any of them live in Scotland.

It does seem manufactured but you'd be made out as some kind of loony for saying so.  There probably are some people that let their criticism of israel creep into suspicions of the jews as a whole but the idea Labour is anti semitic?  it doesnt ring true.  I'm amazed it's given so much attention in the media as I've never heard anyone speak out loud about it giving it any credence whatsoever.

Margaret Hodge was allowed to call Jeremy Corbyn an anti semite and was made out to simply be making a stand.  It was a disgraceful smear and Corbyn should have been within his right to not only strip her of membership but take her to court.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

37 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I'm baffled by all the furore on this subject. In all my days both in Scotland and in England - Ive never come across a single instance of this either in the workplace or in public. it seems to me its purely manufactured by the Establishment to get rid of Corbyn. I'm not a Labour voter (would vote SNP but not able to in England) but Corbyn seems to be threat to the supposed order in England. (id agree totally with his ideas on a much fairer tax system - there would be no austerity if tax was addressed with the same zeal that this government attacks benefits.).

This supposed international holocaust definition of Anti-Semitism seems to overlap with criticism of the Israeli government. For me many in the Labour Party and other parties have criticised the Israeli government and espoused the cause of Palastine - but the media seem to like to address that as anti-Semitism. The BBC politically seem to support the Israeli government in its news coverage on the Middle East with the same neutrality as it covers the SNP and Scottish Independence. But the BBC is also hugely anti -Jeremy Corbyn especially with the venom from its political editor Kuenssberg. So its seems very convenient to attack Corbyn with the anti-Semitism allegations - and also give huge coverage to the Blairites who are also jumping on the bandwagon - vis a vis that arsehole Frank Field and similarly David Blunkett (pair of kunts).

You've called it right mate. I live in Eng. and the media and the Jewish lobby pore over everything he has ever said. They are terrified of any UK govt. supporting the rights of the Palestinians.

17 minutes ago, Ronnie McAlpine said:

Anti-Semitism, what a load of shit! Only the Jews would the need to have their own word for it. It's called racism!

What is the word they use for what they do to the Palestinians?

Islamaphobia

2 hours ago, irnbruman said:

The media like to call them "Blairites" but in reality they are actually "Thatcherites". Corbyn needs to do everything he can to get these folk deselected and hopefully they will leave the Labour party. This whole stushie has got nothing to with the rights of Jewish people, it's all about trying get the Labour party back to being the "Tories mark 2" again, just like it was when Blair was in charge. Tony B Liar's mission was to carry on where Thatcher left off.

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I came across anti-semetism from a random in a pub once in Glasgow and that's it.  still remember it because i'd never heard it in real life before and i don't feel like i live a sheltered life!  i don't think it really exists much here; not because we're any better than anybody else but hardly any of them live in Scotland.

It does seem manufactured but you'd be made out as some kind of loony for saying so.  There probably are some people that let their criticism of israel creep into suspicions of the jews as a whole but the idea Labour is anti semitic?  it doesnt ring true.  I'm amazed it's given so much attention in the media as I've never heard anyone speak out loud about it giving it any credence whatsoever.

Margaret Hodge was allowed to call Jeremy Corbyn an anti semite and was made out to simply be making a stand.  It was a disgraceful smear and Corbyn should have been within his right to not only strip her of membership but take her to court.

At the last census less than 300,000 people described themselves as Jewish in the whole of the UK. About 6000 in Scotland.

I am surprised that the issue has rumbled on with apparently the media never addressing the actual issue. (of the international definition, and the specific example relating to criticism - links posted somewhere on another thread) I mean every morning on Radio 5, they have a phone in debate, did they ever debate the international definition/specific example? If they did, then people could make their mind up if they thought it anti-Semitic or not. Maybe they did and I missed it. But as far as I can see most of the airtime is simply "Corbyn bad", rather than the merits of the disputed text (which I've not seen quoted on MSM - maybe I missed it). So I smell a rat, seems politically motivated, to do with Israel not racism.  

The question of who gets to define anti-Semitism or who speaks for Jewish people is rarely aired. When do we ever hear from Jewish Corbynistas, for example?      

...which is not to say there isn't actual anti-Semitism, whether in Labour or any other party or society more generally. But mixing up anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism does not seem helpful and if anything could distract from tackling actual anti-Semitism. 

Edited by exile

The real sub-story on Anti-smetism is that Labour party is tearing itself apart.
Tabloids allegations and smears are being used as a tool by the Blairites vs Corbynistas.

Same for Islamophobia in the Tories (it is Remain vs Leave struggling for control of the party).
Never trust the media.

Regarding anti-semitism, the Semitic peoples include the Arabs, or at least some strands of Arabs, as well as the original Jews.  However being Jewish is not a matter of race; there are many Jewish people who are not Semitic in origin, and you can become Jewish by choice.  I think Sammy Davies junior converted to Judaism and he's hardly Semitic in appearance.  Being Jewish is a religion, not a race, and Jewish people can choose to convert to other religions in which case they are no longer Jewish.

What the current furore is about is not antisemitism but a dislike of the apartheid policies of Israel, particularly their treatment of Palestinians.  Many people in Israel also oppose their own government's policies.  That doesn't make them anti-semitic or anti-Jewish.

All this trouble could have been avoided if instead of setting up a Jewish homeland in the Middle East after WW2, they had used a part of Germany as a Jewish homeland.  That would have been a pragmatic solution as part of war reparations that would not have antagonised most of the Middle East.  However for reasons of what was essentially racism, in the post WW2 era, the people living in what is now Israel were pretty much regarded as inferior and in typical colonial fashion their views were ignored and their interests over-ridden to suit the agenda of the  UK, USA and other western powers.

41 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Noticed NuLab opportunist Gemma Doyle made a reappearance on Scotland Tonight to put the boot into Corbyn over this.

Margaret Curran was on Radio the other day too giving her "opinion" on Salmond gate

The MSM keeping these fucking harridans relevant