Gazza - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The qualification of "on here" is a problem for me. The vast majority of Rangers fans I know aren't on here but they also aren't bigots and don't hit their partners either. 

There's one guy I know that if he lifted his hand to his Mrs we'd be unlikely to ever find the body. 😉

The vast majority of people in Scotland can behave themselves, no matter what team they support or even if they don't follow a team. There is however a reasonable percentage of utter scum who drink, fight and abuse virtually every body because they are allowed to get away with it. 

Ive met quite a few in the last 12 years of fostering. Utter wastes of dna. 

The bottom line is you don't need the qualification. 

Fair point.

I’m getting at the point that folk who have a go at Rangers fans that are by the nature of the board Scotland fans, are preaching to the converted.

I know loads of decent Rangers fans to, but I have to say I know a fair few who are outwardly leaning towards the stereotype politically etc. and some of those who are full blown bigots in the right company.

I maybe just move in the wrong circles.

:lol:

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Fair point.

I’m getting at the point that folk who have a go at Rangers fans that are by the nature of the board Scotland fans, are preaching to the converted.

I know loads of decent Rangers fans to, but I have to say I know a fair few who are outwardly leaning towards the stereotype politically etc. and some of those who are full blown bigots in the right company.

I maybe just move in the wrong circles.

:lol:

One of my long time pals going to Scotland games who once again will be with me next month in Albania is a lifelong Hun. Ormond cavorting with a Hun? Something no’ right aboot that! 😋

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is there not evidence of a spike in domestic violence after OF games (from both sides) ?

Paper was written that showed an increase in domestic violence in the 24 hrs around an old Firm game. They used baseline and Scotland games to compare.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/257007228_Association_Between_Old_Firm_Football_Matches_and_Reported_Domestic_Violence_Incidents_in_Strathclyde_Scotland

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

One of my long time pals going to Scotland games who once again will be with me next month in Albania is a lifelong Hun. Ormond cavorting with a Hun? Something no’ right aboot that! 😋

I mix with a few as well but none of them go to games. I think that makes some of them worse.

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I mix with a few as well but none of them go to games. I think that makes some of them worse.

There's definitely a fair percentage of fans that are stereotypically the 90 minute bigots. They sing the songs and shout abuse but come out of the ground and revert back to being normal humans. 

I don't understand them but I can see them doing it. 

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

There's definitely a fair percentage of fans that are stereotypically the 90 minute bigots. They sing the songs and shout abuse but come out of the ground and revert back to being normal humans. 

I don't understand them but I can see them doing it. 

Hmmm.... 🤔

24 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Back to the Gazza thing, how many on this thread alone still worship the "Footballing" genius that is Maradonna. What a role model he is, some would put him in ahead of Gazza, or am I wrong in assuming that?

😂😂 

what??

29 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Back to the Gazza thing, how many on this thread alone still worship the "Footballing" genius that is Maradonna. What a role model he is, some would put him in ahead of Gazza, or am I wrong in assuming that?

I’m a 36 year old man. I worship no one. 

1 - 0 I don't expect to see too many away goals in this particular game tho, only pointing out its for the "football" hof, not husband of the year. Not a model citizen, we get that and as a Rangers fan I certainly enjoyed his "footballing" contribution.

I can also understand non Rangers fans not agreeing with me. Submissions please for a better creative midfielder to grace spl games in the last 20 years??

Sorry, was meant to quote Dandydunn

Edited by The White Ceelo
Rubbishy with an iPad

On 10/16/2018 at 5:36 AM, Ormond said:

It’s not just the fact that he is a horrible, bigoted scumbag for me. It’s more to do with a player(not giving a fuck if it was Maradona) playing 100 games at the end of his career swanning into a supposed prestigious hall of fame. I feel that makes a mockery of something which should not be that. 

@The White Ceelo

21 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

1 - 0 I don't expect to see too many away goals in this particular game tho, only pointing out its for the "football" hof, not husband of the year. Not a model citizen, we get that and as a Rangers fan I certainly enjoyed his "footballing" contribution.

I can also understand non Rangers fans not agreeing with me. Submissions please for a better creative midfielder to grace spl games in the last 20 years??

Sorry, was meant to quote Dandydunn

What were you quoting me on?

• 1 month later...