Gazza - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, TAMB2 said:

We agree with the complainants.

That is unacceptable.

Is there not evidence of a spike in domestic violence after OF games (from both sides) ?

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

It gave me a wee chuckle actually.  Thought it was quite clever for once!

Yer right it was clever, he couldn’t possibly have wrote it , only called himself Gazza because he couldn’t spell Gascoigne 

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is there not evidence of a spike in domestic violence after OF games (from both sides) ?

No, apparently that's not the case. Seem to remember reading an article on this fairly recently and it basically said that this was not the case. 

It does appear that sales of Glenlivet go up during international weeks though....... 😀 

5 hours ago, jcs said:

Yer right it was clever, he couldn’t possibly have wrote it , only called himself Gazza because he couldn’t spell Gascoigne 

Sorry it's written, not wrote. If you want to be as clever as Gazza. 😉

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No, apparently that's not the case. Seem to remember reading an article on this fairly recently and it basically said that this was not the case. 

It does appear that sales of Glenlivet go up during international weeks though....... 😀 

There’s definitely a spike in violence. Whether it’s domestic or not, I’m not sure. I used to shag a lassie who worked in the A+E in that hospital that closed recently up Great Western Rd. She’d hate when there was an Old-Firm game on as it was a hundred times worse.

Edited by Ormond

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

There’s definitely a spike in violence. Whether it’s domestic or not, I’m not sure. I used to shag a lassie who worked in the A+E in that hospital that closed recently up Great Western Rd. She’d hate when there was an Old-Firm game on as it was a hundred times worse.

St Johns in Livingston must have been rammed last month :hammer:

Edited by The White Ceelo

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry it's written, not wrote. If you want to be as clever as Gazza. 😉

😂  I’m not going to lie and say it was predictive text

6 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

JCS ?

Ever heard of Freud?

I have, doubt gazza has though, he would probably ask you if it was a white or red wine

Edited by jcs

17 hours ago, Debian said:

You're a disgrace.  

15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

I don’t think there was anything wrong with what he said. It wasn’t aimed at a particular poster, it was a generalisation based on true events (we think?).

I’d be amazed if there’s not the reported spike in violence and domestic violence around an old firm game, same as Christmas, new year etc.

Certainly in the west of Scotland, Rangers v Celtic equals all day bender for a lot of folk.

Theres almost always bother in and around the pubs near me when the 2 meet, and who knows what goes on when the neanderthals get up the road..

It’s perhaps slightly unfair to blame it on “fans” as us often acknowledged the trouble isn’t generally at the games or even game going fans.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think there was anything wrong with what he said. It wasn’t aimed at a particular poster, it was a generalisation based on true events (we think?).

I’d be amazed if there’s not the reported spike in violence and domestic violence around an old firm game, same as Christmas, new year etc.

Certainly in the west of Scotland, Rangers v Celtic equals all day bender for a lot of folk.

Theres almost always bother in and around the pubs near me when the 2 meet, and who knows what goes on when the neanderthals get up the road..

It’s perhaps slightly unfair to blame it on “fans” as us often acknowledged the trouble isn’t generally at the games or even game going fans.

It was the generalisation I took umbrage with.

I'm not particularly bother if Gascoigne , or anyone else, is or isn't in the Hall of Fame or not , or even if the Hall of Fame exists....

But for as long as it does, is this whole shambles not in danger of creating a dangerous precedent, ie taking into consideration "moral factors"..

IE I know a lot of people are against Gascoigne being including due to being guilty of domestic abuse - This is course is reprehensible and abhorent thing to do...

Without wanting to sidetrack on a whole"what's worse?" debate, a lot of people would use the same words to describe, for instance, drink driving, so does that me we now exclude anyone with a DD conviction ?  I don't know for sure obviously, but I'd be confident someone already in HoF has at least one of those in their life...

It’s not just the fact that he is a horrible, bigoted scumbag for me. It’s more to do with a player(not giving a fuck if it was Maradona) playing 100 games at the end of his career swanning into a supposed prestigious hall of fame. I feel that makes a mockery of something which should not be that. 

30 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It was the generalisation I took umbrage with.

I don’t think anybody thinks the majority of Rangers fans on here are anything like the stereotypical knuckle dragger.

You’ve probably never shared a free Tommy Robinson page or changed your profile picture to something with Poppy’s and soldiers on.

I’m sure you’re not a wife beater either, I can’t believe anyone would marry you.

😛

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think anybody thinks the majority of Rangers fans on here are anything like the stereotypical knuckle dragger.

You’ve probably never shared a free Tommy Robinson page or changed your profile picture to something with Poppy’s and soldiers on.

I’m sure you’re not a wife beater either, I can’t believe anyone would marry you.

😛

😎

19 minutes ago, Robbo `81 said:

I'm not particularly bother if Gascoigne , or anyone else, is or isn't in the Hall of Fame or not , or even if the Hall of Fame exists....

But for as long as it does, is this whole shambles not in danger of creating a dangerous precedent, ie taking into consideration "moral factors"..

IE I know a lot of people are against Gascoigne being including due to being guilty of domestic abuse - This is course is reprehensible and abhorent thing to do...

Without wanting to sidetrack on a whole"what's worse?" debate, a lot of people would use the same words to describe, for instance, drink driving, so does that me we now exclude anyone with a DD conviction ?  I don't know for sure obviously, but I'd be confident someone already in HoF has at least one of those in their life...

Bit of a difference between Gazza and someone who's done something wrong once, learnt from their mistake and became a better person. Gazza has spent his adult life being a complete scumbag and hasn't reformed at all. 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Bit of a difference between Gazza and someone who's done something wrong once, learnt from their mistake and became a better person. Gazza has spent his adult life being a complete scumbag and hasn't reformed at all. 

Okay, fair point, don't necessarily disagree...but, purely, to be Devils Advocate...

Firstly, keep "Gazza" in the picture, as a barometer so to speak, what if other individual had 2 DD's, or 3, or 4 -- What if he was 1% over limit moving his car up his own drive at 3am.....what if he was 200% over the limit driving past a Primary school at 4pm ?...

Now take "Gazza" out the equation, but stick with Domestic Abuse - There are some people will will tell you if a man lifts his hand to a woman, ever, for any reason, once, he should not / can not ever be forgiven for doing so....

Again, I don't necessarily agree , nor disagree with that attitude, but what I'm saying is by doing this The SFA / Fans have opened up the proverbial can of worms and forevermore will have to decide 'Where's the line ?' -- There's all sorts of emotive / divise issues , all sorts of things people do that others find unacceptable that others don't..

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Again ...Andy Goram is in it and his personal life expoits are up there with Gascoigne

I'd argue he is a bigger cunt because he has (slightly) more intelligence

and to a lesser extent Archie MacPherson

Edited by Ally Bongo

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Again ...Andy Goram is in it and his personal life expoits are up there with Gascoigne

I'd argue he is a bigger cunt because he has (slightly) more intelligence

and to a lesser extent Archie MacPherson

As much as I agree Goram is a cunt of a person, both him and MacPherson contributed heaps and heaps more to our game than Gazza and his few appearances.

10 minutes ago, Ormond said:

As much as I agree Goram is a cunt of a person, both him and MacPherson contributed heaps and heaps more to our game than Gazza and his few appearances.

Playing Devil's Advocate - "contribution to the game" is not solely based on appearances (Gascoigne had 76 for the record)

There are shed loads of inductees in it who peddled the majority of their careers outwith Scotland 

Surely contribution has to include raising the profile and creating interest

Edited by Ally Bongo

8 hours ago, jcs said:

😂  I’m not going to lie and say it was predictive text

I have, doubt gazza has though, he would probably ask you if it was a white or red wine

I couldn't resist it, sorry. 😀 

Give me 5  minutes and you should be able to get your own back. 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

😛

The qualification of "on here" is a problem for me. The vast majority of Rangers fans I know aren't on here but they also aren't bigots and don't hit their partners either. 

There's one guy I know that if he lifted his hand to his Mrs we'd be unlikely to ever find the body. 😉

The vast majority of people in Scotland can behave themselves, no matter what team they support or even if they don't follow a team. There is however a reasonable percentage of utter scum who drink, fight and abuse virtually every body because they are allowed to get away with it. 

Ive met quite a few in the last 12 years of fostering. Utter wastes of dna. 

The bottom line is you don't need the qualification.