Gazza - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yep

Gascoigne was fucked after he gave up football

Apart from not knowing anything else and being thick as mince his psychological state went haywire without the focus of everyday football and adulation from the media and fans

Without that drug he has had to resort to booze and pills to "escape" reality

With his state of mind any chance of attention and being the focus of even a small group of admirers is jumped upon

If you could guarantee him a hall full of cheering and applauding people he would do anything - probably even sing some Irish rebel songs

What was his excuse whilst he played? It’s not a new thing Gazza being an utter cunt you know.

14 hours ago, macy37 said:

What was his excuse whilst he played? It’s not a new thing Gazza being an utter cunt you know.

Indeed. Funny to see the guy with Rangers as his big team defend him though. 

15 hours ago, macy37 said:

19 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Apart from not knowing anything else and being thick as mince his psychological state went haywire without the focus of everyday football and adulation from the media and fans

Gazza is like that special kid from primary school. The one that the other kids would use as entertainment. They'd dare the special kid to swear at the headmaster, lie on the road when a car was coming or pee in a bottle and drink it. The special kid would perform the task to the adoring crowd.

At 10 years old you knew this was wrong.

21 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Gazza is like that special kid from primary school. The one that the other kids would use as entertainment. They'd dare the special kid to swear at the headmaster, lie on the road when a car was coming or pee in a bottle and drink it. The special kid would perform the task to the adoring crowd.

Sounds like you still did it anyway.:lol:

58 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Aye. And won rangees the league. Was the best player of his generation. (according to to sir alex ferguson). But you will know better than him.

10 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye. And won rangees the league. Was the best player of his generation. (according to to sir alex ferguson). But you will know better than him.

Rangers (rip) won 7 leagues previously, he didn’t have a major influence wrangling it off of someone else. 

He could’ve been the best player of all time, his behaviour still makes him a scumbag that deserves zero sympathy. 

He should be left to rot away in the corner if that’s how he wants to be, stop being a burden on society. 

I don’t think anyone is questioning Gazza’s natural ability.

Although he could’ve done a lot more with it.

He has done some reprehensible things, mainly the wife beating, but I can’t help feel a bit sorry for him.

Most people who have met him seem to think he’s a great guy, and he can come across as though his heart is in the right place, but I can understand why the mistakes he has made are unforgivable to some.

Flawed genius on the lines of best and baxter. Not defending him hitting his wife in any way. And he didnt either. But he had to move on from that. My opinion is he was a simple guy who had a great talent and a great heart. If it wasnt for that stupid tackle against spurs he would have been as good as best or pele. He still has a right to enjoy himself at rangers does though. If i was a hero of any team like that i would lap it up. But no singing the daft songs as everyrhing is on camera now. Anyway. He is the second genius i have seen. After Dalglish.

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Three words on Gazza: 

"wife-beating bigot" 

/End Thread 

Do you really think he’s a bigot?

I just think he’s an idiot that panders to the bigots. Not sure where the line is though? It seems very black and white to you.

(is he not a catholic?)

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Do you really think he’s a bigot?

I just think he’s an idiot that panders to the bigots. Not sure where the line is though? It seems very black and white to you.

(is he not a catholic?)

In the same way i think anyone who performs numerous bigoted actions is a bigot, aye. I don't see how someone can see a guy continually be a bigot and make excuses that he's not one. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

In the same way i think anyone who performs numerous bigoted actions is a bigot, aye. I don't see how someone can see a guy continually be a bigot and make excuses that he's not one. 

I see what you’re saying. I suppose the same applies to “90 minute bigots”.

I just doubt he actually believes it, he just says what people want to hear, and if that’s FTP, he’ll say that.

If he’d signed for Celtic he’d be getting wheeled round singing ooh ahh up the RA at Celtic conventions.

The imaginary flute thing was just daftness, and anyone who was offended by that needs a look at themselves.

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I see what you’re saying. I suppose the same applies to “90 minute bigots”.

I just doubt he actually believes it, he just says what people want to hear, and if that’s FTP, he’ll say that.

If he’d signed for Celtic he’d be getting wheeled round singing ooh ahh up the RA at Celtic conventions.

The imaginary flute thing was just daftness, and anyone who was offended by that needs a look at themselves.

Ahhh, so now you're just creating fantasy scenarios to excuse him? 

I'm offended by fuck all of it. I just think he's a despicable cunt. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ahhh, so now you're just creating fantasy scenarios to excuse him? 

I'm offended by fuck all of it. I just think he's a despicable cunt. 

Not excusing him, but i’m sure you could open your mind and see the (admittedly hypothetical) point i’m trying to make.

It’s not an excuse for his bigoted acts, just questioning whether he’s actually a bigot?

Do you need to believe what you’re saying/doing to be a bigot or is singing a song etc. enough.