Fort William - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I am wondering if we should start going for the record books.... and to start supporting Fort William.

I always check on Fort William scores, as the way a doctor checks the medical graph at the end of the bed when they are on a drip.

Is it possible to play the manager for Fort William on Football Manager?  I'd love to be the Steve Gerrard figure for them.

I'm surprised the patient has recovered somewhat, and only lost 11-0 vs Cove Rangers.

(and, FW have scored more goals than Lossiemouth)

But then they get deducted 9 points for fielding an ineligible player; is their no humanity left?:(

c'mon on....

And 150£.....(it's 10 bottles of Johnny Walker Red label, just to put that into context.....)

I read that the Fort William area is more renowned for shinty and gaelic football and hurling

Is it time for Fort William to just get some hurley sticks and use some wood?

I made the trip a few years back for a 1st Round Scottish Cup tie vs Newton Stewart (My home club)

http://www.skysports.com/football/fort-william-vs-newton-stewart/301321

Many of you will also know Big Ian Munro from trips, he hails from there.  Its a cracking wee set up that they have and it's picturesque as fuck.  Has a seated stand and very very hospitable.  

5 minutes ago, Debian said:

I made the trip a few years back for a 1st Round Scottish Cup tie vs Newton Stewart (My home club)

http://www.skysports.com/football/fort-william-vs-newton-stewart/301321

Many of you will also know Big Ian Munro from trips, he hails from there.  Its a cracking wee set up that they have and it's picturesque as fuck.  Has a seated stand and very very hospitable.  

I regularly use a highland league forum, there’s always constant rumours of fort William being in trouble and close to folding. It would be a shame to see them disappear but is it worth them playing at this level whilst getting horses regularly?  I guess that’s up to them

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I regularly use a highland league forum, there’s always constant rumours of fort William being in trouble and close to folding. It would be a shame to see them disappear but is it worth them playing at this level whilst getting horses regularly?  I guess that’s up to them

I guess if there was restructure in the Highland league with relegation theh could be gone for a long time.  It's the equivalent of East Stirling being bottom of the 3rd division for so many years and eventually dropping. 

I believe they had a bad fire the other year (this may be wrong) but the insurance wasn't in place or wasn't paid out that has cost them dear.  

6 minutes ago, Debian said:

I guess if there was restructure in the Highland league with relegation theh could be gone for a long time.  It's the equivalent of East Stirling being bottom of the 3rd division for so many years and eventually dropping. 

I believe they had a bad fire the other year (this may be wrong) but the insurance wasn't in place or wasn't paid out that has cost them dear.  

I support Fraserburgh and have always supported the idea of keeping the league as is but now with certain clubs having a fairly big balance which means big humpings of smaller sides isn’t uncommon. Time for change in my opinion.

split the league into two and invite some new clubs to add to division two. Promotion and relegation would create more competition 

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I support Fraserburgh and have always supported the idea of keeping the league as is but now with certain clubs having a fairly big balance which means big humpings of smaller sides isn’t uncommon. Time for change in my opinion.

split the league into two and invite some new clubs to add to division two. Promotion and relegation would create more competition 

I’m no expert on highland football, but is there enough teams that could grow it much more north of Aberdeen, or would it effectively turn it into a glorified addition to the junior scene?

Just now, dandydunn said:

I’m no expert on highland football, but is there enough teams that could grow it much more north of Aberdeen, or would it effectively turn it into a glorified addition to the junior scene?

Addition to the junior scene? Don’t let the hard nosed highland league fans see that😂😂

junior teams have joined the highland league before. They could be invited to again. 

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Addition to the junior scene? Don’t let the hard nosed highland league fans see that😂😂

junior teams have joined the highland league before. They could be invited to again. 

My point being, who would all these teams be? Banks o dee? Culter? Dyce?

What I’m getting at is there enough teams north of Aberdeen to make it a highland league, or would it simply be filling up a league with junior teams from Aberdeen?

I probably didn’t put it across very well 🙈

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

My point being, who would all these teams be? Banks o dee? Culter? Dyce?

What I’m getting at is there enough teams north of Aberdeen to make it a highland league, or would it simply be filling up a league with junior teams from Aberdeen?

I probably didn’t put it across very well 🙈

I gues theyd need to invite some of the lesser junior sides or some Aberdeen sides. I’m honestly not sure what the plans would be as I don’t pay enough attention to what’s going on outwith fraserburgh results. 

Thank you Iainmac, I got my info from Wikipedia, so....it is probably wrong (sorry)!

At least Fort William aren't in as farcical position as the Denmark national team.

And yes, their ground is probably the most beautiful in the UK.... I would love to go there, and Campbeltown to visit Saddell Castle

On Football manager, with judicial computer shut-down of games, I could get Fort William into the Platini League (UEFA Cup) at least?