Partick Thistle “goal” - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Partick Thistle “goal”

Ref and stand side linesman should get sacked for that - it's unacceptable. It isn't even questionable - it's fucking obvious to anyone with functioning eyesight that's a goal.

Imagine the fallout if Collum had done that today.

Edited by Barney Rubble

13 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

At the same end. This one worse in that Mottram misses both the goal and then the Thistle player with the ball in his hands handing it to the goalie.

I was at that game. 

It remains the most incredible wrong decision I have ever witnessed first hand. 

Duncan Ferguson was unplayable that day.

21 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Haven’t seen this posted anywhere else, but this has to be the most bizarre decision ever made. 

That referee and linesman should be sacked immediately. 

Someone in stands shot this picture, i think it sheds more light on what happpened.

DmGK4NWX0AIWWnH.jpg

50 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Did it actually cross the line though?

Assuming the back of the net is over the line, then 100% yes. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

Someone in stands shot this picture, i think it sheds more light on what happpened.

DmGK4NWX0AIWWnH.jpg

:lol:

I was there.  Superb "goal" from Kris Doolan.

Rattled the bar, bounced behind the line, touched the net, bounces back out and Morton player boots it away in anger which goes off the sideline.

All the Thistle players run to celebrate.  All the fans celebrate. All the Morton players walk back to centre circle.  Body language alone showed it wasa goal.

Then linesman flags for throw in..

53 minutes ago, Alan said:

I was there.  Superb "goal" from Kris Doolan.

Rattled the bar, bounced behind the line, touched the net, bounces back out and Morton player boots it away in anger which goes off the sideline.

All the Thistle players run to celebrate.  All the fans celebrate. All the Morton players walk back to centre circle.  Body language alone showed it wasa goal.

Then linesman flags for throw in..

The funniest thing is, if you watch him, he does t immediately raise his flag. He runs for a bit first, then decided something isn’t quite right. 

I hope he has handed his flag and whistle in this morning, should never officiate again. 

It’s unbelievable that between the ref, 2 linesman and the 4th official (is he allowed to intervene?) nobody could see that was a goal.

Even the reaction of the 2 sets of players, the Morton player kicks the ball away and they are all trudging back to take centre.

While the thistle players are all away celebrating without even a glance across as it was so clear cut.

Great gesture by Doolan and thistle. No chance ref will do same.