Celtic vs Sevco. - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic vs Sevco.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

no mention of scott broonie elbowing naismith mind. But thats different. Its all about the rangers.

I meant it's quite funny. 

Whether it's accurate or biased is irrelevant. It made me laugh. 

Would it be funnier if a Tim misdemeanor was added for balance? Not sure? I think the Timmy paranoa element just adds to the humour. 

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Do you have any plans examples of other leagues not interpreting the rules this way? I don’t watch enough non Scottish fitba to have the first clue about other leagues.

i don’t know whether I believe broadfoot or not but to be fair to him he’s not apologising for anything, he’s stating why the SFA panel came to that decsion re mcgregor and Morelos. 

Not that I can be bothered. Any EPL game I've seen this season with any off the ball incident = red card. Sure we'll see the same in europa and champions league this season. No way Morellas gets away with kicking someone off the ball in the europa league. 

I'm ok with us interpreting rules differently and don't want to see reds dished out for minor petulance, but encouraging violence off the ball, while punishing players like dicker genuinely trying to play football is idiotic. We are in the ridiculous position that had dicker did the exact same thing off the ball its a yellow, yet you bring the ball into it and it's a red?

Broadfoot's not just stating why the panel decided what they did, he's also saying they are right! Which is mental. He's also wrong in the point he makes re precedent. As somebody else says - it's encouraging the wrong behaviours and leading to ridiculous scenarios. 

Think it was broadfoot defending the Aberdeen red card   at the weekend for the 'last man' foul on Brophy at the weekend. Which is ridiculous as well. We was miles away from the goal and not even sure it was  foul!

Hea got some interesting things to say from time to time, but the man's an apologist for some outrageousness SFA decisions.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

3 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Not that I can be bothered. Any EPL game I've seen this season with any off the ball incident = red card. Sure we'll see the same in europa and champions league this season. No way Morellas gets away with kicking someone off the ball in the europa league. 

I'm ok with us interpreting rules differently and don't want to see reds dished out for minor petulance, but encouraging violence off the ball, while punishing players like dicker genuinely trying to play football is idiotic. We are in the ridiculous position that had dicker did the exact same thing off the ball its a yellow, yet you bring the ball into it and it's a red?

Broadfoot's not just stating why the panel decided what they did, he's also saying they are right! Which is mental. He's also wrong in the point he makes re precedent. As somebody else says - it's encouraging the wrong behaviours and leading to ridiculous scenarios. 

I don't disagree with you, if FIFA have set new rules and they can be interpreted this way, we are going down a dangerous path...............especially in Scotland where we have two massive teams desperate to point the finger at the other. 

Broadfoot seemed to be of the opinion this rule will be implemented the same way in the CL and EL. I will have to take your word for it re the EPL incidents as I don't have the time to watch that much football nowadays.

The cynic in me thinks the SFA took the easy way out when using their interpretation of the rules. If they had upheld Morelos red card, we wouldn't even be discussing this. We'd be discussing hun paranoia instead 😂 , all the refs and the SFA would be out to get them