Celtic vs Sevco. - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic vs Sevco.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Am I the only one that’s perversely looking forward to the first person to be sent off and not having a red card rescinded for kicking someone?

Its gonna be an epic story 😂😂

Worth listening to last nights sportsound, Daryl Broadfoot describes the new rules set by FIFA regarding petulant kicks. Its interesting to listen to. Basically it leaves a kick open to no red card which is bizarre to say the least

Michael Stewart and Scott McDonald summed it up perfectly, you can repeatedly kick someone in the backside and as long as you don't endanger the opponent its not violent conduct 😂😂

One thing they mentioned was that McGregor should have booked and a penalty given so that will even up the cries by the huns for a foul on Jack

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Worth listening to last nights sportsound, Daryl Broadfoot describes the new rules set by FIFA regarding petulant kicks. Its interesting to listen to. Basically it leaves a kick open to no red card which is bizarre to say the least

So this is a FIFA thing then?

Havent really seen this being an issue in any other leagues. Is it just that we are inept at referring in general?

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Michael Stewart and Scott McDonald summed it up perfectly, you can repeatedly kick someone in the backside and as long as you don't endanger the opponent its not violent conduct 😂😂

One thing they mentioned was that McGregor should have booked and a penalty given so that will even up the cries by the huns for a foul on Jack

Bloody hell, didn't know that. Thought you just couldn't do that thing at all. Take my comments back Credit to the SFA then. Who would have thunk it. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

You would like to think so but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on that to happen. Quite a few I have seen. not on here, felt Collum was totally biased against them on Sunday. No acknowledgment of the McGregor incident.

15 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

You would like to think so but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on that to happen. Quite a few I have seen. not on here, felt Collum was totally biased against them on Sunday. No acknowledgment of the McGregor incident.

It's a state of mind Gerrard is trying to build, so that he's given more slack when the walls come tumbling down. 

I’m not usually one for the old firm tit for tat nonsense but this one did make me chuckle 

Morelos kicks a player - cleared

mcgregor kicks a player - cleared

jack kicks a player - cleared

neil Lennon pretends to be an aeroplane - three game ban 😂😂😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I’m not usually one for the old firm tit for tat nonsense but this one did make me chuckle 

Neil Lennon is not with the old firm. Did u not know that?

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No other league in Europe has interpreted FIFAs rules in that way. Darryl is talking shite and apologising for ridiculous decisions. 

He also doesn't  understand the role of precedent in the interpretation and development of rules either. Which does my nut in.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

12 hours ago, Stu101 said:

So this is a FIFA thing then?

Havent really seen this being an issue in any other leagues. Is it just that we are inept at referring in general?

According to Daryl broadfoot it’s fifa who have passed down these rules which have left incidents like a petulant kick open to debate. The reasoning is apparently to reduce needless red cards. 

Personally I don’t think sending someone off for kicking an opponent is needless regardless of which team they play for.

3 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

No other league in Europe has interpreted FIFAs rules in that way. Darryl is talking shite and apologising for ridiculous decisions. 

He also doesn't  understand the role of precedent in the interpretation and development of rules either. Which does my nut in.

Do you have any plans examples of other leagues not interpreting the rules this way? I don’t watch enough non Scottish fitba to have the first clue about other leagues.

i don’t know whether I believe broadfoot or not but to be fair to him he’s not apologising for anything, he’s stating why the SFA panel came to that decsion re mcgregor and Morelos. 

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Do you have any plans examples of other leagues not interpreting the rules this way? I don’t watch enough non Scottish fitba to have the first clue about other leagues.

i don’t know whether I believe broadfoot or not but to be fair to him he’s not apologising for anything, he’s stating why the SFA panel came to that decsion re mcgregor and Morelos. 

I’ve no idea why the word plans is on there. 😂

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yet you could square up to a player, graze his forehead forehead, and probably get a 3 match ban for violent conduct.

The rules seem to just get made up as they go along. Surely in an off the ball incident, any force is excessive?

Edited by Tartan_McCole

25 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Yet you could square up to a player, graze his forehead forehead, and probably get a 3 match ban for violent conduct.

The rules seem to just get made up as they go along. Surely in an off the ball incident, any force is excessive?

No argument here, as I stated above. Neil Lennon pretended to be a plane and got banned for three games 😂

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Saw this on twitter as well, but when did Jack kick a player and get cleared?

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

:lol:

That is pretty good.