Maloney.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Maloney..

andyD

50 minutes ago, andyD said:

I'm being a bit tongue in cheek.

It is a good move for him. Politically it might have been a better idea for him to have waited a couple of weeks, but hey.

Yeah that’s how it works. 

Belgium: Hey Shaun, the job’s yours. When can you start?

Maloney: Well it will need to be after the Scotland friendly in September. andyD from the TAMB might be upset if I’m in the dugout against my own country. 

Belgium: But what if we draw Scotland in the Euro 2020 qualifiers? 

Maloney: I’ll just have to resign. 

😂😂😂

On 8/31/2018 at 3:16 PM, Texas Pete said:

Yeah that’s how it works.

All i'm saying is, some folk will probably resent him for it (i'm not one of them).

And yeah, they'd probably give him a week delay if he wanted it.
He shouldn't need to, but football fans aren't all adults.

8 hours ago, andyD said:

All i'm saying is, some folk will probably resent him for it (i'm not one of them).

He shouldn't need to, but football fans aren't all adults.

Ach well they can resent away at their leisure. Sad bastards. 

Genuinely thought when I opened this thread someone would be touting him for a recall! Had no idea if he'd retired or was still playing.

Was a tidy player at Villa for a year, more of a squad player but did well in the number 10 position just off Carew and scored some lovely free kicks. Had a great game away to Chelsea.

Problem was the impression he gave off was he never really wanted to be here and he confirmed he was homesick in an interview he gave when he went back to Celtic.

A shame as he proved later at Wigan he could be a good player in the premier league, was one of their key men when they won the FA cup in 2013.

Might be wrong but don't think he ever really got a good run of games for Scotland and more often than not was played out wide.

He had a really good run in Euro 2016 qualifying. His goal against Ireland was a real thing of beauty. Does anyone else remember the atmosphere at Parkhead that night? It was really weird and tense. This big fight between other Scotland fans broke out near where I was. There were loads of niggles between the players on the pitch too if I remember right.  

29 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

He had a really good run in Euro 2016 qualifying. His goal against Ireland was a real thing of beauty. Does anyone else remember the atmosphere at Parkhead that night? It was really weird and tense. This big fight between other Scotland fans broke out near where I was. There were loads of niggles between the players on the pitch too if I remember right.  

I remember the fight. 

I also remember thinking something was going to kick off with all the Irish fans that were in with the home fans. I didn’t see any Irish boys growling. Any pish was coming from Scotland fans which was a bit rich considering how many home end tickets we buy for away games. 

On 9/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, andyD said:

A week's delay would be more like a month or two as if you miss a week at international level then the next time the players get together is a while away.

4 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

A week's delay would be more like a month or two as if you miss a week at international level then the next time the players get together is a while away.

To an extent, I imagine that Martinez and co don't just sit around between games. They'll be planning training sessions, scouting players, doing all the stuff you do to prep for matches, which is just as valuable as sitting on the sideline for 90 minutes. I get why he wanted in right away tho.