Stevie Clarke sticks it to SFA - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stevie Clarke sticks it to SFA

If the game has been brought into disrepute it’s certainly not Clarke or Kilmarnock which has done so.

The SFA continue not to disappoint those who are looking for amateurism and incompetence to flourish within our game. If Scottish football really is a joke there’s only one source causing that.

From the outside looking in - i.e. I don't follow any SPL Team - This is starting to  remind me of the season where  Celtic / Lawell / Lennon started taking the Refs to task about everything and the other teams decided to jump on the bandwagon...The end result was we had a period of time where clubs were greeting for the sake of greeting thinking they were the big shots and we ended up with the farcical Refs Strike..

At the time, someone on here, sure it was "Flat Earth" but maybe not, suggested his solution would be for the SFA to issue a statement to the effect " From now till end of season the Referee's decision is final in each and every instance - No appeals will be held, no dialogue will be entered into.End Of"

Can't help feeling this is still the best way to deal with this, the rest of the teams will now be looking to "join in the fun" and start SFA Bashing, making a huge deal out of anything now, no matter how trivial -- Sorry to say but Clarke IS being totally pedantic and greeting for the sake of greeting about the name thing - it's a typo / admin error - but speaking as someone whom also has a name which can be spelled 2 ways and commonly gets the "wrong" way on documents-, you look at it, shake your head, and move on...don't make a big fuss over nothing

Edited by Robbo `81

50 minutes ago, Robbo `81 said:

From the outside looking in - i.e. I don't follow any SPL Team - This is starting to  remind me of the season where  Celtic / Lawell / Lennon started taking the Refs to task about everything and the other teams decided to jump on the bandwagon...The end result was we had a period of time where clubs were greeting for the sake of greeting thinking they were the big shots and we ended up with the farcical Refs Strike..

At the time, someone on here, sure it was "Flat Earth" but maybe not, suggested his solution would be for the SFA to issue a statement to the effect " From now till end of season the Referee's decision is final in each and every instance - No appeals will be held, no dialogue will be entered into.End Of"

Can't help feeling this is still the best way to deal with this, the rest of the teams will now be looking to "join in the fun" and start SFA Bashing, making a huge deal out of anything now, no matter how trivial -- Sorry to say but Clarke IS being totally pedantic and greeting for the sake of greeting about the name thing - it's a typo / admin error - but speaking as someone whom also has a name which can be spelled 2 ways and commonly gets the "wrong" way on documents-, you look at it, shake your head, and move on...don't make a big fuss over nothing

I’m not sure this is similar to the Celtic situation, the needless pressure put in by Celtic led to a strike. This is ex referees making the wrong decisions when the vide Nice is presented to them. I disagree, there has to be an appeals process but it must be implimented properly and there has to be consistency 

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Should we expect Rodgers cited for his comments about the Ntcham red card?

:lol:

There’s one angle where the 2nd yellow looks a touch harsh, but it was a brainless and needless challenge and his 3rd, maybe 4th that could’ve seen him booked.

Nth a.m. was lucky not be booked for a foul earlier in the match, he brought down cammy smith when smith and other saints players were on the counter attack. Ntcham knew what he was doing, it was a deliberate foul which most players would committed to stop the attack, bizarrely the ref didn’t book him.

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Nth a.m. was lucky not be booked for a foul earlier in the match, he brought down cammy smith when smith and other saints players were on the counter attack. Ntcham knew what he was doing, it was a deliberate foul which most players would committed to stop the attack, bizarrely the ref didn’t book him.

Yeah, could’ve been booked 4 times by the time he walked.

(his 1st booking was for persistent fouling I believe rather than the foul itself, although it was probably worthy in its own).

Rodgers should’ve had a word with him or even hooked him at that point, but it’s easier to blame the referee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hearing Clarke on the radio about an hour or so ago, suggesting that all the clubs got their heads together and used the European bonus money to find goal line technology. Argued that it would be good for a player or two for a couple of years, but could bring on Scottish football for the considerable future.