Stevie Clarke sticks it to SFA - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stevie Clarke sticks it to SFA

Guest faircity
19 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Brilliant comments from Stevie Clarke. I only wish our chairman would do the same instead of bending over and taking it up the arse every opportunity. 

Agreed. It's almost like they are pushing the rest of the membership, laughing at them, to see what they can get away with. This bending over and getting rogered by all things Hun needs nipped in the bud. 

Guest faircity
2 minutes ago, Redz said:

I'd support Aberdeen playing Devlin against St Johnstone, taking the fine, and loss if points. Just to make a point. They're openly corrupt now, and really do not give a fuck.

Instead of DNA payments, I'd be all in favour of this. Use the money to cover any fines. Something needs done to highlight things. I'd also be massively in favour of a mass walkout or a non-purchasing of tickets for an spfl/SFA showcase match. 

On 9/8/2018 at 10:23 PM, Redz said:

I'd support Aberdeen playing Devlin against St Johnstone, taking the fine, and loss of points. Just to make a point. They're openly corrupt now, and really do not give a fuck.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:28 PM, faircity said:

Instead of DNA payments, I'd be all in favour of this. Use the money to cover any fines. Something needs done to highlight things. I'd also be massively in favour of a mass walkout or a non-purchasing of tickets for an spfl/SFA showcase match. 

Not sure I'm quite at this stage yet.  Although, I am very disappointed with the cub's handling of the issue.  That said, I believe despite AFC having stating that there would be no further comment from them on Devlin's red card being upheld, the club has now decided (i think, in part, because of fan pressure) to go back to the SFA with a request for transparency and an explanation of how this particular decision was reached.  It was, after all, an extraordinary decision.

Guest faircity
45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I presume Gerrard is up on the same charges for his comments after the old firm game....

And that snakey little cunt Ryan Jack. 

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Clarke and Killie charged by SFA.

Laughable. Hoep the club tell them to do one.

This is now getting really silly.  Clarke was clearly frustrated with the decision (rightly so) but rather than vent his spleen (see Gerrard) he made a rational and thought through statement.  He even read it from a script so as to stay within what Killie considered appropriate boundaries.  The SFA has completely lost the plot and the stranglehold they have on our game and the "inconsistency" in the way they conduct and apply themselves is going to see it die a slow,, contorted and dishonourable death. 

Next, they will make up a story about Murrayfield being a viable option for football over Hampden simply in order to lower the asking price of Hampden so they can steal it from Queens Park - all while wasting lots of people's time and effort. Absolute charlatans.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

This is now getting really silly.  Clarke was clearly frustrated with the decision (rightly so) but rather than vent his spleen (see Gerrard) he made a rational and thought through statement.  He even read it from a script so as to stay within what Killie considered appropriate boundaries.  The SFA has completely lost the plot and the stranglehold they have on our game and the "inconsistency" in the way they conduct and apply themselves is going to see it die a slow,, contorted and dishonourable death. 

Next, they will make up a story about Murrayfield being a viable option for football over Hampden simply in order to lower the asking price of Hampden so they can steal it from Queens Park - all while wasting lots of people's time and effort. Absolute charlatans.

That's the thing. Statement was authorised by club and put on all social media channels. 

I'm hoping the club go at the SFA .Talk of Killie Trust starting crowd funding to fund a legal appeal to SFA!

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm hoping the club go at the SFA .Talk of Killie Trust starting crowd funding to fund a legal appeal to SFA!

The others need to jump on this too if so. Including my own shitebag of a club.

It's an opportunity to get it right fuckin up them.

I'd genuinely (albeit extreme) support playing Devlin on Saturday regardless of what that brings.

I'd (if I were afc with balls) also be asking them to explain why, under the process, Devlins red stands and the Morelos one does not.

17k at Hampden on Monday isnt just down to our (Scotland's) results imo. 

Raging. Something has to give.

1 hour ago, Redz said:

The others need to jump on this too if so. Including my own shitebag of a club.

It's an opportunity to get it right fuckin up them.

I'd genuinely (albeit extreme) support playing Devlin on Saturday regardless of what that brings.

I'd (if I were afc with balls) also be asking them to explain why, under the process, Devlins red stands and the Morelos one does not.

17k at Hampden on Monday isnt just down to our (Scotland's) results imo. 

Raging. Something has to give.

Why it wasn’t withdrawn

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/

It appears that they’re now asking for clarification from UEFA/FIFA

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-red-card-rangers-steven-13234633

Edited by dandydunn

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Why it wasn’t withdrawn

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/

It appears that they’re now asking for clarification from UEFA/FIFA

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-red-card-rangers-steven-13234633

Aye, thanks for that, I'd read both elsewhere earlier.

What a pathetic excuse for governance we have.

The big boy done it and ran away has run it's course.

They've backed themselves into a corner. Hell mend them. 

Let's get after them once and for all.....

Edited by Redz

Only just catching up with this thread and probably only going to reiterate what Redz has said above, but absolutely hats off to Stevie Clarke. Class act as a player and class act as a manager.

It’s only when every single other club stands up in this fashion, that we can ever hope to end the pathetic “inconsistencies” in our game.

2 hours ago, Marky said:

Only just catching up with this thread and probably only going to reiterate what Redz has said above, but absolutely hats off to Stevie Clarke. Class act as a player and class act as a manager.

It’s only when every single other club stands up in this fashion, that we can ever hope to end the pathetic “inconsistencies” in our game.

Spot on with Clarke. Great to see someone with baws standing up for us diddy clubs. Levein tried it to an extent at United when as usual the Huns got away with murder at the Hunnery.