Islam Feruz - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Islam Feruz

The lad will find his level or disappear entirely and do something else with his life.  I would hope that he has be careful with his money or he wont have anything to show for it.  Maybe MLS or Australia or China might be a league for him, lower UK leagues wont be able to pay him decent wages.  

5 hours ago, romanticscot said:

The lad will find his level or disappear entirely and do something else with his life.  I would hope that he has be careful with his money or he wont have anything to show for it.  Maybe MLS or Australia or China might be a league for him, lower UK leagues wont be able to pay him decent wages.  

Who would take him? The guy has hardly played any football whatsoever, he's lucky if he's played 20 games in the last four years or so.   Every loan move has been a disaster for him.  I don't think he'll be in any position to dictate what his wages will be.   He doesn't even have the excuse of having his development impacted by a serious injury.  He's a complete waster.   He'll be out of the game completely in a couple of years.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Who would take him? The guy has hardly played any football whatsoever, he's lucky if he's played 20 games in the last four years or so.   Every loan move has been a disaster for him.  I don't think he'll be in any position to dictate what his wages will be.   He doesn't even have the excuse of having his development impacted by a serious injury.  He's a complete waster.   He'll be out of the game completely in a couple of years.

Your not the first person to say it, but how is he a waster?

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Your not the first person to say it, but how is he a waster?

He's had a great opportunity and has blown it through lack of application and effort.  If he'd done his cruciate or something and been out for a couple of years then you might have some sympathy for him.   It's very difficult to break through at a club like Chelsea but even if you can't break into the the first team, if you work hard and do the right things then it's very likely that you'll go on to have a successful career at another club.

Read the details of his loan spells here and tell me if this sounds like a guy who is applying himself correctly https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_Feruz.  Fair enough, a manager might not like you or you might have a bit of bad luck at a club but not every single one.   

What says if all to me is he gave up on a loan move after a couple of days because he felt homesick and then he did the same thing again.

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

He's had a great opportunity and has blown it through lack of application and effort.  If he'd done his cruciate or something and been out for a couple of years then you might have some sympathy for him.   It's very difficult to break through at a club like Chelsea but even if you can't break into the the first team, if you work hard and do the right things then it's very likely that you'll go on to have a successful career at another club.

Read the details of his loan spells here and tell me if this sounds like a guy who is applying himself correctly https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_Feruz.  Fair enough, a manager might not like you or you might have a bit of bad luck at a club but not every single one.   

What says if all to me is he gave up on a loan move after a couple of days because he felt homesick and then he did the same thing again.

Could it just not have been that he wasn't very good? Home sickness is a real thing.

Bet he's the only Scotsman that will ever come on as a sub for Kevin De Bruyne though

Just having a look at the Chelsea squads for the 2012 and 2013 youth cup finals which they won and which Feruz played in.

.Obviously some have fallen completely by the way and are plying their trades in the lower leagues which is to be expected but it's worth bearing in mind that at that time Feruz was considered as "one to watch" from this squad.  Here's some of his teammates.  

Andreas Christiansen - 20 caps for Denmark, spent two years playing for Borissia Monchengladbach on loan, now a first team regular at Chelsea. 

Lewis Baker - two years on loan at Vitesse Arnhem, followed by a year at Middlesboro and now at Leeds

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 8 England caps, spent last year on loan at Palace.

Ola Aina - 5 caps for Nigeria, played 44 games on loan at Hull last season, now on loan to Torino.

Nathan Ake - 7 caps for Holland, first team regular for Bournemouth. 

These guys represent the level that Feruz should be at now.

22 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Could it just not have been that he wasn't very good? Home sickness is a real thing.

Bet he's the only Scotsman that will ever come on as a sub for Kevin De Bruyne though

Homesick after a day?  Nothing like giving it a go is there?  Speaks volumes about his attitude for me.

We'll never know if he was or wasn't very good.  He certainly had potential and was a stand out in that youth team at the time.  

Edited by aaid

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Just having a look at the Chelsea squads for the 2012 and 2013 youth cup finals which they won and which Feruz played in.

.Obviously some have fallen completely by the way and are plying their trades in the lower leagues which is to be expected but it's worth bearing in mind that at that time Feruz was considered as "one to watch" from this squad.  Here's some of his teammates.  

Andreas Christiansen - 20 caps for Denmark, spent two years playing for Borissia Monchengladbach on loan, now a first team regular at Chelsea. 

Lewis Baker - two years on loan at Vitesse Arnhem, followed by a year at Middlesboro and now at Leeds

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 8 England caps, spent last year on loan at Palace.

Ola Aina - 5 caps for Nigeria, played 44 games on loan at Hull last season, now on loan to Torino.

Nathan Ake - 7 caps for Holland, first team regular for Bournemouth. 

These guys represent the level that Feruz should be at now.

Says it all. Time to start a new thread - ex-Scotland players.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Seems he is now playing Sunday League (and not even starting!)

The Scotsman: Alan Pattullo: Lament for the unfulfilled career of Islam Feruz.
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/opinion/alan-pattullo-lament-for-the-unfulfilled-career-of-islam-feruz-1-5029179

A real shame how his career has panned out. A sad example of the risks of over-hyping young talent combined with a bad attitude and bad career advice. 

12 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Not sad at all, the guy's a fkin waster.  Too much too soon.  His attitude whenever he was sent out on loan said it all.  Was it Blackpool that sent him back after about 48 hours for thinking he was too good to be there?

I agree.

I'd be sad if he had picked up a career-threatening injury or something but there has been nothing like that. He's shat on various bodies of people who put faith on him and worked hard to keep him and his family from being flung out of the UK and he is continued on that vein since. No sympathy for him.

Nobody knows what’s gone on or what advice he’s had.

Surely even people on this board aren’t naive enough to think that his downfall is all his own doing.

Any young person who’s made bad choices deserves another chance so hopefully he gets one in a new career and has a good life for himself.

Shame on anyone who says any different and if you think differently, you’re a sad person who needs to get a grip. 

10 minutes ago, andyscot said:

How do you know his attitude was very bad when at clubs?  I think he lost the enjoyment of football and couldn’t get it back.  

Probably the time he was tweeting something like, "This lot take more kick-offs than they do corners," at the club who quickly punted him back to Chelsea.  Might've been Blackpool but not 100%.

As CC said above he's basically crapped on everyone that's tried to help him.  Best save any sympathy for anyone getting their career cut short through no fault of their own.  Stopped by the polis in an 80k Porsche in Edinburgh spoke volumes.  He's done fck all in the game and by the looks of it he never will.