If you could only check the scores of 5 teams..... who would they be? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If you could only check the scores of 5 teams..... who would they be?

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Used to play pool against Linwood Rangers club in the 80’s before I moved to Jersey.

Our matches were always finished before the GSTQ bollocks, I remember St Brendan’s club from Linwood were also in the same league, wonder how that panned out at the end of the night when they played each other. 😂

52 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I actually thought it was a myth that they did that at the end of the night in hun establishments.

I used to drink in the Rangers Club in Linwood probably from about 17-20/21 (so around 94-98).  It was £1.20 a pint and had a cracking jukebox and free pool tables through the back!  I can honestly say on none of the umpteen times I was there till the end of the night and later (my mate sometimes worked behind the bar) did I ever hear them play GSTQ.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I used to drink in the Rangers Club in Linwood probably from about 17-20/21 (so around 94-98).  It was £1.20 a pint and had a cracking jukebox and free pool tables through the back!  I can honestly say on none of the umpteen times I was there till the end of the night and later (my mate sometimes worked behind the bar) did I ever hear them play GSTQ.

They must have stopped that tradition by the time you drank in there Fairbairn, they definitely played GSTQ at the end of night during the mid 80’s. 

15 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

They must have stopped that tradition by the time you drank in there Fairbairn, they definitely played GSTQ at the end of night during the mid 80’s. 

Yep. I was 18 in 1986 and barred by 1987 despite my Dad being a member and my Mum working behind the bar occasionally. 

It was an eventful 2 years and included me nearly getting arrested whilst doing a drunk roaster a favour. 😀 

6 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Used to play pool against Linwood Rangers club in the 80’s before I moved to Jersey.

Our matches were always finished before the GSTQ bollocks, I remember St Brendan’s club from Linwood were also in the same league, wonder how that panned out at the end of the night when they played each other. 😂

I'd imagine it would be a bit of a tense affair and the St Brendans team would have been moved outside before the anthem. 

Quite liked the St Brendans club as they regularly got amateur boxing events on. They were always a good night out. 

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Did they still have the portrait of the Queen up on the far wall then?