If you could only check the scores of 5 teams..... who would they be? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If you could only check the scores of 5 teams..... who would they be?

Rangers (Obviously)

St Mirren (Always had a soft spot for them growing up not far from Paisley)

Everton (Took an interest in them when we signed a load of their players late 80s/early 90s)

Celtic (More historically than recently but would always check if their result had any impact on Rangers and of course rivals etc)

Don't think I've got a fifth.

Rangers or if international weeks, Scotland. 

Don't check any other teams as I have no interest other than watching whatever football is on the channels I have. 

I used to check for the Liverpool scores when I was a lad but only because they had Scottish players. Also used to check St Mirren scores but that was when I was going to their games as a student and unable to afford Rangers games and the travel. 

I don't have foreign teams that I support. 

On 8/30/2018 at 2:10 PM, Scotland Ever More said:

Scotland, Celtic, Blackburn and Port Glasgow juniors.

Wouldn't need to check the Huns score cos every other club in Scotland laughs at them when they lose, so couldn't avoid it either way.

Port Glasgow juniors, interesting......

What was your old name on the board?

On 8/30/2018 at 4:03 PM, McTeeko said:

Scotland

Poland

Dundee United (my team)

Hearts (laddie’s team)

Edinburgh City (our team).

6th.....any team that FIFA sends us to on our jollys 😂

On 9/12/2018 at 8:38 PM, j b lyons said:

Rangers, St Mirren, Neilston Juniors, Sittingbourne FC (Kent) & Celtic . . . . just to see if they had lost 😂

Neilston, fucking booooo! 

Killie - my team

Celtic - my dad's team

Arthurlie - just to go against Mr Lyons 😂 and it's the locals

Barca - loved them since I was about 8 in the glory days of fat Ronaldos one season

Scotland - that's why we are all here

On 9/14/2018 at 8:03 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

Also used to check St Mirren scores but that was when I was going to their games as a student and unable to afford Rangers games and the travel. 

Lol, surely Renfrew is about the same distance from Love Street as it was from Ibrox 

Acht, we all knew PGB, and having worked in Inverclyde for many a year am very fond of folks from the Port.  I sometimes relate an avatar or what/whoever on here to a real person too, and have a bygone friend in my head for S-E-M :wub:    Oh, and I also still refer to Reeky's website for his programmes.

Oanyhoo almost getting on topic, I love Open-all-mics on radio, and on TV - Sportscene's highlights, but for the latter, I get bored after any game that sounded entertaining on the earlier radio program, and after the Accies (hometown is my excuse) sometimes give up.  

I find it difficult to enjoy a game I don't really care about.   However, despite much mumping and moaning beforehand, I usually get into an international tournament and side with somebody.   Usually the underdog, so am miserable after many a humping.   Now and again though... :beer2:

Once-upon-a-time I revelled in the exotica of European football, whether or not we were in the mix.   Now I care less than what brand of washing powder is cleaning out my waz.

So I'm sorry, but I'm struggling to get to 5 :-))

4 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Lol, surely Renfrew is about the same distance from Love Street as it was from Ibrox 

When I was a student I didn't live in Renfrew. I'm an incomer. 😀 

I'm originally from Linwood. So I'd have needed an extra bus at least to get to Ibrox. Plus the more expensive tickets. 

It would seriously have impinged on my drinking money. 

8 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It was Port Glasgow Bhoy then I had several others due to being banned a few times.

It's not really that interesting. It's actually pretty common knowledge. Next question?

😂😂 

Why does Kieran teirny not sing?

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm originally from Linwood. So I'd have needed an extra bus at least to get to Ibrox. 

Well there was the bus that left from the Rangers club.......:whistling:

Didn't realise you were from Linwood, what part?  I grew up right next to East Fulton Primary.

23 minutes ago, Robbo `81 said:

Millwall

Real Madrid

West Ham *

Liverpool *

Barcelona *

* Hoping they have lost

Motherwell 

West Ham 

Slough Town

Berwick 

Ayr (don't know why, just liked going there when Motherwell played them in early 80s)

*Are Millwall still in the senior leagues?Not really noticed them for a while.😁

29 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Motherwell 

West Ham 

Slough Town

Berwick 

Ayr (don't know why, just liked going there when Motherwell played them in early 80s)

*Are Millwall still in the senior leagues?Not really noticed them for a while.😁

Be in same league as West Ham this time next year ....  😉

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Well there was the bus that left from the Rangers club.......:whistling:

Didn't realise you were from Linwood, what part?  I grew up right next to East Fulton Primary.

Lauder Drive, just next to Craigends Primary, and I wasn't allowed on the bus from the Rangers Club. 

Too long a story for on here but suffice to say, not standing at the end of the night for GSTQ was the start of the problem. 😅

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Lauder Drive, just next to Craigends Primary, and I wasn't allowed on the bus from the Rangers Club. 

Too long a story for on here but suffice to say, not standing at the end of the night for GSTQ was the start of the problem. 😅

Used to play pool against Linwood Rangers club in the 80’s before I moved to Jersey.

Our matches were always finished before the GSTQ bollocks, I remember St Brendan’s club from Linwood were also in the same league, wonder how that panned out at the end of the night when they played each other. 😂

Edited by Jersey Jim