Matt Ritchie - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Matt Ritchie

FITH

I think he's just a little down the pecking order.  I don't want to start another debate about 'international' class players but across the midfield we have a good, solid option. Armstrong, McGregor, Cairney, Fraser, McGinn, McTominay and Forrest are all ahead.  I think he's in the second tier of players which includes McDonald, Patterson, Snodgrass, McArthur, Shinnie, Henderson and a few others.

It's hard to choose from amongst them.

5 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He pulled out of the summer tour so this is probably Eck's revenge. I know Fraser did too but he is a young player with a future whereas we can do without Ritchie.

A good few players pulled out of that tour so not sure if that’s it. 

I’m sure there have been rumours of Ritchie asking not to be selected before so maybe it has something to do with that? He was in the squad for Costa Rica right enough but maybe his attitude wasn’t right in that squad? 

Or maybe McLeish just thinks he has better midfielders at his disposal for this one. Will be interesting to see if he replaces Cairney. 

53 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m sure there have been rumours of Ritchie asking not to be selected before so maybe it has something to do with that? He was in the squad for Costa Rica right enough but maybe his attitude wasn’t right in that squad? 

Think I said after that game I had finally given up on him, which I don't think I have ever said about any professional footballer. His on field attitude was awful that day.