Is Alex Salmond sex pest? - Page 10 - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Alex Salmond sex pest?

andreimack

This is getting surreal now. Bit more than accusations of being 'handy' gman if you are still reading. This is going to be carnage.

I wonder if all these charges are from the same two women or if more are now involved.

Edited by thplinth

19 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think the independence movement is too big and powerful for this scandal to make a huge dent in it. As someone else said a few posts back the tories and labour still get huge support despite the scandals that come out regarding peados and government cover ups. As the saying goes you can kill the revolutionary (or jail him potentially in this case) but you can't kill the revolution. Also if it is a stitch up then it could seriously back fire on the British establishment. If you look on here then you can already sense that ppl are sceptical about the whole thing. With internet and social media ppl are alot better informed(fake news aside) these days than in the 70s or 80s. Either way I wouldn't worry too much. Independence doesn't live or die on the back of one man.

Yes that was me that posted that. And lets remember that Alex Salmond was not even going to be involved in indyref2 when or if it comes about.

19 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think the independence movement is too big and powerful for this scandal to make a huge dent in it. As someone else said a few posts back the tories and labour still get huge support despite the scandals that come out regarding peados and government cover ups. As the saying goes you can kill the revolutionary (or jail him potentially in this case) but you can't kill the revolution. Also if it is a stitch up then it could seriously back fire on the British establishment. If you look on here then you can already sense that ppl are sceptical about the whole thing. With internet and social media ppl are alot better informed(fake news aside) these days than in the 70s or 80s. Either way I wouldn't worry too much. Independence doesn't live or die on the back of one man.

No the movment will not stop but for the first time in my voting life, i fear the vehicle (snp) is in danger of not being able to get us to the point of voting on it, absolutely gutted about this whole situation 

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46984747

14 charges

Mr Salmond was accused of two charges of attempted rape, nine of sexual assault, two of indecent assault and one breach of the peace.

Wow. That's a lot of stuff.

EDIT: had wrote shit meaning "stuff" but then realised i could be calling the charges a load of shit.,

Edited by phart

1 minute ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

No the movment will not stop but for the first time in my voting life, i fear the vehicle (snp) is in danger of not being able to get us to the point of voting on it, absolutely gutted about this whole situation 

What? On the strength of something totally not connected to independence campaign?

It is a lot of charges but if they all emanate from the same two women then it could be they are trying to stack up as many charges as possible to make it look like he must be guilty before the trial even starts. If a bunch of other women came forward that might be different. Will have to wait and see now. Attempted rape... hmm I got a bad feeling about this police investigation. Everything seems kinda stretched but time will tell. I wonder how long all this will drag on for.

As for the SNP and independence we will find out next polling day after it all plays out... I think it will have quite a significant impact personally. 

Edited by thplinth

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is a lot of charges but if they all emanate from the same two women then it could be they are trying to stack up as many charges as possible to make it look like he must be guilty before the trial even starts. If a bunch of other women came forward that might be different. Will have to wait and see now. Attempted rape... hmm I got a bad feeling about this police investigation. Everything seems kinda stretched but time will tell. I wonder how long all this will drag on for.

As for the SNP and independence we will find out next polling day after it all plays out... I think it will have quite a significant impact personally. 

It's going to cause a rift in the party. I've actually sat on a jury for a rape case. It's fucking horrendous.

2 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

Ive already seen one unionist troll on the comments of a Glasgow Herald facebook post re Alex Salmond - left himself completely open to being sued or prosecuted for his comments.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see reports of people being arrested and charged with contempt over the next few days if only to try and put a stop to it.

The Crown Office put out a specific warning earlier in the day, it would be strange if they didn't act on it.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Amazed that media outlets are allowing comments to be posted, its obviously going to lead to trouble.

That is surprising although irnbruman said it was on the Herald facebook page.

Just had a quick shoofty at the Herald and it looks like comments have been disabled on some but not all related articles.

Edited by aaid

That charge sheet.... 😦

Innocent until proven guilty and all that, but... it's no looking great for Salmond. Can't see Procurator Fiscal going to court with that charge sheet without being pretty confident of the evidence and their case. Attempted rape?! Fucking hell. Hard not to think he's done for - for the conspiracy theorists amongst us, that jury will be picked straight from a Question Time audience.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

What? On the strength of something totally not connected to independence campaign?

Well put it this way, its not gonna do it any good thats for sure, i hope the snp/yes movement can just shake this off however knowing the media in scotland this is all we will hear about for months and months, the case could even coincide with indy ref 2, who knows, from a personal point of view i am absolutely gutted about this and it justifies sturgeans distancing herself from Alec, the party now needs to unite and distance itself from the trial

Yeah got to be very careful on different forums(for a) as well. The Blackpool chairman sued folk on the fans' website for describing him in certain terms.

As for the actual charge sheet , there were far more than that against the bloke on Coronation Street who if I remember was found not guilty. Question for potential jurors - "Ever been to Ibrox?" The one sure thing is that the media and public scrutiny of this case will be massive and potentially more far reaching than Alex Salmond personally.

Edited by irnbruman

14 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Anyone know how long charges take to go to court and then how long a trial takes? either way the sooner this is out the way the better 

No chance of that happening.  I can't see a trial of this nature starting this year and when it does start it will probably go on for weeks.

59 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

That charge sheet.... 😦

Innocent until proven guilty and all that, but... it's no looking great for Salmond. Can't see Procurator Fiscal going to court with that charge sheet without being pretty confident of the evidence and their case. Attempted rape?! Fucking hell. Hard not to think he's done for - for the conspiracy theorists amongst us, that jury will be picked straight from a Question Time audience.

Charges are clearly trumped up IMO

6 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Nothing other than a state sponsored stitch up.

Salmond put his head above the parapet many years ago and has been a thorn in the side of WM ever since. Now they’re taking aim. He got us far too close to independence for their liking and WM know that many still see him as the face of the movement and need to close him down, smear him and turn people against him. What better to achieve this than a sex scandal?

Salmond is not stupid enough to behave in this way and present an open goal. All the hard work he has done, to do something like this which could bring it all crashing down? Not a chance.

We are witnessing the nastiness and evil that WM is more than capable of.  I’d history tells you anything (and I mean actual history not the shite you are fed in school) it is that Britain/The UK will stop at nothing to achieve its aims. Nothing is considered unethical or too far. Nothing at all. We are getting ever closer to independence with every passing day and any sniff of independence being delivered must be stopped at any price. Salmond is paying that price.

The UK is corrupt and rotten to the core.

Wow.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Wow.

I'm surprised anyone questions that with a "Wow"

It's not beyond the realms of fantasy is it unless you are really naive

Salmond instigated the SNP being squeaky clean and as  Davey says for all that hard work to be undone like this seems nonsensical

Has he acted improperly ? Probably

Who hasnt ?

Appropriate for a First Minister ? Probably not

However IMO these charges have been trumped up to the max - I for one am glad we are going to find out the truth behind it

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

So you think at least a year before it even goes to court? 

Minimum.  To give you an idea of another high profile case.   Tommy Sheridan was charged with perjury in December 2007 and was found guilty in December 2010 and the trial took 11 weeks.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Minimum.  To give you an idea of another high profile case.   Tommy Sheridan was charged with perjury in December 2007 and was found guilty in December 2010 and the trial took 11 weeks.

Holly crap this will definitely be running into next parliament 🙈 not felt this bad politically since 19 sept 2014 ... no sugar coating how bad this could be

41 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Well put it this way, its not gonna do it any good thats for sure, i hope the snp/yes movement can just shake this off however knowing the media in scotland this is all we will hear about for months and months, the case could even coincide with indy ref 2, who knows, from a personal point of view i am absolutely gutted about this and it justifies sturgeans distancing herself from Alec, the party now needs to unite and distance itself from the trial

Well we will get a better idea once the opinion polls start rolling in. What I would say is that the SNP at least have not been trying to cover anything up. There was a heck of a lot more on Ted Heath and he carried on uncharged and dignity intact because Westminster covered it up. The SNP government have not covered it up and we worry about the damage to them. Something is wrong in the world and it is called unionist media and Westminster.