Sign in to follow this  
andreimack

Is Alex Salmond sex pest?

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Minimum unit pricing for alcohol was also passed when Salmond was FM although I think it was probably Sturgeon who was responsible as she was Health Secretary at the time.

Interestingly the named persons scheme actually started with the last Labour government, pilots were running prior to 2007 and the incoming SNP government continued and took this through to legislation.  I'm pretty sure that it was only the Tories that voted against the legislation. 

Well we know Labour wanted a national database as well, so no surprise , it doesn't really matter who started it, if you're in favour of it.

Fortunately the super ID database was scrapped before it could come about too.

Here's one of those renowned authoritarians from the Lib Dems on the Named Persons legislation.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

Here's one of those renowned authoritarians from the Lib Dems on the Named Persons legislation.

You're passive aggressively trying to debate something here, rather than make me guess just come out and say it.

Your argument appears to be he is a "liberal" democrat who supports the act therefore how can it be authoritarian?

Your original argument consisted of pointing out Nicola wasn't the incubating soul of these ideas, but i pointed out it's irrelevant what head they came from when you try and implement them. The she didn't think of it first was a weak argument anyway. Now we're left with a liberal agrees with it how can it be authoritarian, which is a much weaker argument.

You might have time to waste with facile reasoning, i do not. So state your point or stop wasting my time with nonsense points.

Edited by phart

DvGjZwqWkAEDzUm.jpg

DvGjaNeX4AAUuP6.jpg

10 hours ago, phart said:

You're passive aggressively trying to debate something here, rather than make me guess just come out and say it.

Your argument appears to be he is a "liberal" democrat who supports the act therefore how can it be authoritarian?

Your original argument consisted of pointing out Nicola wasn't the incubating soul of these ideas, but i pointed out it's irrelevant what head they came from when you try and implement them. The she didn't think of it first was a weak argument anyway. Now we're left with a liberal agrees with it how can it be authoritarian, which is a much weaker argument.

You might have time to waste with facile reasoning, i do not. So state your point or stop wasting my time with nonsense points.

Nope, my point is that you're claiming that NS is an authoritarian and when asked to provide evidence you stated a policy with which she had no direct hand in and which passed without a dissenting vote and had popular cross party support.  You may think that the policy is authoritarian, I don't but that's another argument for another day.  With specific respect to NS, if on this basis that makes her an authoritarian then it leads on that almost the entire membership of the Scottish Parliament are as well, I'm not aware at a strong libertarian thread running through the Scottish Tories.

You might believe that to be the case but I'm not sure why you're using that example to single her out.   

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Nope, my point is that you're claiming that NS is an authoritarian and when asked to provide evidence you stated a policy with which she had no direct hand in and which passed without a dissenting vote and had popular cross party support.  You may think that the policy is authoritarian, I don't but that's another argument for another day.  With specific respect to NS, if on this basis that makes her an authoritarian then it leads on that almost the entire membership of the Scottish Parliament are as well, I'm not aware at a strong libertarian thread running through the Scottish Tories.

You might believe that to be the case but I'm not sure why you're using that example to single her out.   

Lets reproduce my claim. " I like Sturgeon but she is far too authoritarian for me personally. I think outside of the politics of the UK she is highly regarded as well. You get folk from all over the world talking positively about her."

Why do you think she has to have a "direct hand"? All she needs to do is want to enforce it and be the person who has the power to do so. Not having a direct hand isn't an argument it's filler for your post.

oh it had cross party support, pity it couldn't get by the supreme court though what did they say.

judges said specific proposals about information-sharing "are not within the legislative competence of the Scottish Parliament".

And they said the legislation made it "perfectly possible" that confidential information about a young person could be disclosed to a "wide range of public authorities without either the child or young person or her parents being aware".

You just need to learn that when it comes to opinions people weight things differently. I'm glad i just came out and asked you passive aggression is bore to deal with. Now we can put this to bed with one answer.

Edited by phart

Dw3vBzVWwAATgCR.jpg:large

Saw the front of the Sun today it had some story intimating a rift between Salmond and Sturgeon, with Salmond allies "furious" about something and she knew earlier etc, total hearsay no idea if true, being on the front page f the Sun i'd guess not.

This one maybe?

SCOTTISH SUN SAYS 

There can be no doubt now there is a fight to the death being conducted between Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon

"There can be no doubt..."

... well that's it settled then. :rolleyes:

Still it does look like there is something no right here. I am just calling it unexplained weirdness at the mo, fight to the death seems a bit over the top for now.

WTF is really going on here I wonder. Has Alex perceived Nicola has maybe been helping them screw him over in some tacit way or worse in an active way.  Cannot understand why she is unable to criticize the horribly flawed and failed procedure and put the blame for it where it deserves to be. Instead she almost immediately refers herself and puts AS & herself back in the shtook and on the back foot again. It is a curiosity...