Is Alex Salmond sex pest? - Page 8 - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Alex Salmond sex pest?

andreimack

3 hours ago, phart said:

I like Sturgeon but she is far too authoritarian for me personally. I think outside of the politics of the UK she is highly regarded as well. You get folk from all over the world talking positively about her.

Out of interest, what is it about Sturgeon that you think is particularly authoritarian?  I've always thought she's more of a small-l liberal.

Edited by aaid

47 minutes ago, aaid said:

Out of interest, what is it about Sturgeon that you think is particularly authoritarian?  I've always thought she's more of a small-l liberal.

I'd imagine the Named Persons act and OBFA are up there along with her being determined that MPs and MSPs speak with one voice

For one and two she had to try and do something to stop child cruelty and the poison of bigotry

I dont know enough about the first but it seems a good idea when you read of the misery some kids go through

The second did not go far enough and should have been treated as societal rather then just solely football and 90 minute bigots

As for the SNP being tight knit i think it's obvious why that needs to be the case always in the current climate

3 hours ago, aaid said:

The fact that she reserves rights for the government not the individual. The fact that it is done badly just compounds this.

This happens at a party level by not allowing a constitutional or regional representative to vote for their constituents over their government.

Individual level with named person.

1 hour ago, phart said:

The fact that she reserves rights for the government not the individual. The fact that it is done badly just compounds this.

This happens at a party level by not allowing a constitutional or regional representative to vote for their constituents over their government.

As Ally Bingo says, it's obvious why this is the case. In the 'hostile environment' of being an insurgent political party - filled with members of disparate political leanings that coalesce around the goal of independence - then party loyalty has to be enforced.

I look forward to the day (post-indy) when Scottish political parties aren't driven by the constitution, and can find their ideological homes. 

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'd imagine the Named Persons act and OBFA are up there along with her being determined that MPs and MSPs speak with one voice

For one and two she had to try and do something to stop child cruelty and the poison of bigotry

I dont know enough about the first but it seems a good idea when you read of the misery some kids go through

The second did not go far enough and should have been treated as societal rather then just solely football and 90 minute bigots

As for the SNP being tight knit i think it's obvious why that needs to be the case always in the current climate

6 hours ago, phart said:

Individual level with named person.

Interesting that you both highlight Named Person - as yet unimplemented - given that was a piece of legislation passed in early 2014 when Salmond was First Minister.   I can't recall which minister was responsible but given her brief at the time I doubt it was Nocola Sturgeon.   Whatever your views on that legislation I don't think you can lay the blame or responsibility at her doorstep.  

As for party discipline that has to be looked at in the context of a hostile media which magnifies any indiscretion by an SNP member 100 times more than any ther party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46856934

Sturgeon refers herself to standards panel over Salmond case

Fucking hell - how about sacking the two civil servants first

Edit - probably not to be seen as siding with Salmond

Edited by Ally Bongo

16 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46856934

Sturgeon refers herself to standards panel over Salmond case

Fucking hell - how about sacking the two civil servants first

Edit - probably not to be seen as siding with Salmond

Jeez look at Richard Leonard's comments on this on that report. 😳

So we got a handful of days where Salmond was enjoying being on the front foot for first time in a long time and wee Nicola just volunteers to do this and put them right back on the defensive. She is a self destructive balloon.

All the talk of how the women are courageous and have been let down sort of presupposes the allegations have merit... aren't we supposed to have a fair hearing first for all parties and let the chips fall where they may. 

Not hearing much about the behaviour of the other two women in this... no comments from Nicola or still backing them? Amazing.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:48 PM, thplinth said:

Why do you wonder that? something brewing in the SNP?

At the time I made that post, I was starting to think that there might be a slight chance (just a slight one) that this had been instigated by Nicola or someone very close to her. There are some rumours to that effect. Had that been shown to be the case, I don't think she would have lasted very long. But I am now convinced that this isn't what is happening here. This isn't a Sturgeon v Salmond thing. I don't know what it is, or who instigated it , but I am now convinced it wasn't Nicola.

I think referring herself is a smart move. Sounds like something Alex himself would have done in the same situation.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

So we got a handful of days where Salmond was enjoying being on the front foot for first time in a long time and wee Nicola just volunteers to do this and put them right back on the defensive. She is a self destructive balloon.

All the talk of how the women are courageous and have been let down sort of presupposes the allegations have merit... aren't we supposed to have a fair hearing first for all parties and let the chips fall where they may. 

Not hearing much about the behaviour of the other two women in this... no comments from Nicola or still backing them? Amazing.

I prefer to look at it another way.

In agreeing to this Nicola Sturgeon is showing she is completely straight and not beyond laws unlike the mob down South. I have no doubt she'll be cleared if any wrong-doing and people cannot condemn her in anyway. Refreshing approach I would say.

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

At the time I made that post, I was starting to think that there might be a slight chance (just a slight one) that this had been instigated by Nicola or someone very close to her. There are some rumours to that effect. Had that been shown to be the case, I don't think she would have lasted very long. But I am now convinced that this isn't what is happening here. This isn't a Sturgeon v Salmond thing. I don't know what it is, or who instigated it , but I am now convinced it wasn't Nicola.

I think referring herself is a smart move. Sounds like something Alex himself would have done in the same situation.

Wow that is pretty crazy. I saw some comment on the Craig Murray article that said that and I did not know what it meant.  I have found NS a bit weird in all this somehow. If I am honest it does feel like she is involved somehow more than we know. 

32 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Wow that is pretty crazy. I saw some comment on the Craig Murray article that said that and I did not know what it meant.  I have found NS a bit weird in all this somehow. If I am honest it does feel like she is involved somehow more than we know. 

Maybe the snp have been infiltrated and shes a secret westminster plant whom will take the snp down from whithin 😜

To put some perspective on it

Fucking Unionist Quisling bastards

Difficult not to see the Salmond row dominating Holyrood until at least the spring and gradually wear down the SNP administration

17 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

To put some perspective on it

Fucking Unionist Quisling bastards

Difficult not to see the Salmond row dominating Holyrood until at least the spring and gradually wear down the SNP administration

There was no real expectation of NS doing this latest bad decision. If she had done nothing instead no one would have cared. But now she has we have this pish. What on earth does she think she is playing at. 

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I don’t trust her at all at the moment. She is odd.

Yes theres more to this than meets the eye, as long as I can remember the snp have been brilliant strategists, this is either a complete mess created by the current administration or it is a orchestrated situation which is not clear as yet, i hope to god its the later but i am fast losing my faith in sturgeon however not in the snp

47 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes theres more to this than meets the eye, as long as I can remember the snp have been brilliant strategists, this is either a complete mess created by the current administration or it is a orchestrated situation which is not clear as yet, i hope to god its the later but i am fast losing my faith in sturgeon however not in the snp

Yeah I think so.

No idea why her fans are her fans.

Her bizarre inability to criticize these two women who have orchestrated much of this is very curious. I think she is up to her neck in it. If so she has blown up her own party for identity politics bullshite just when they were on the verge... I suppose that would be poetic justice to some.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Hey. Let's hear these rumours.

Spell it out man. What was the gist of it because it sounds like there was real substance to them.

Sturgeon is clearly keen for Salmond rumours to be under the microscope.. so what are the substance of these Sturgeon rumours coz I am thinking thing they have something about them.

Edited by thplinth

If Sturgeon was aware that Salmond was a serial "fondler" or believed there was substance in the allegations then there is no way she would have had meetings or telephone calls with him IMO

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

You are not one of those folks who do that conspiracy angle at all but you did this time. There was something about this one that a lot of folk smelt.

What was it orraloon?

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Interesting that you both highlight Named Person - as yet unimplemented - given that was a piece of legislation passed in early 2014 when Salmond was First Minister.   I can't recall which minister was responsible but given her brief at the time I doubt it was Nocola Sturgeon.   Whatever your views on that legislation I don't think you can lay the blame or responsibility at her doorstep.  

As for party discipline that has to be looked at in the context of a hostile media which magnifies any indiscretion by an SNP member 100 times more than any ther party.

I could highlight drink prices etc my main point was reserving rights to the government and not the individual.

Doesn't matter if it implemented or not the will was there. I went to look who published the 2014 act and I couldn't find out. However i did find this when reading it. Which reminds me of how bad it is .

Directions to corporate parents
(1) A corporate parent must comply with any direction issued by the Scottish Ministers
about—

16 hours ago, Dave78 said:

As Ally Bingo says, it's obvious why this is the case. In the 'hostile environment' of being an insurgent political party - filled with members of disparate political leanings that coalesce around the goal of independence - then party loyalty has to be enforced.

I look forward to the day (post-indy) when Scottish political parties aren't driven by the constitution, and can find their ideological homes. 

Everyone has reasons.

It's still putting the constituents behind the party.

I'm not arguing any unionist party is better what they do is far far worse. I'm just describing my thoughts in this bubble. It's not meant to be comparative to any other party in case folk were thinking that.

35 minutes ago, phart said:

I could highlight drink prices etc my main point was reserving rights to the government and not the individual.

Doesn't matter if it implemented or not the will was there. I went to look who published the 2014 act and I couldn't find out. However i did find this when reading it. Which reminds me of how bad it is .

Minimum unit pricing for alcohol was also passed when Salmond was FM although I think it was probably Sturgeon who was responsible as she was Health Secretary at the time.

Interestingly the named persons scheme actually started with the last Labour government, pilots were running prior to 2007 and the incoming SNP government continued and took this through to legislation.  I'm pretty sure that it was only the Tories that voted against the legislation.    Just checked and it was carried by 103 votes to 0 with the Tories abstaining.

Edited by aaid