Is Alex Salmond sex pest? - Page 11 - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Alex Salmond sex pest?

andreimack

1 minute ago, phart said:

I was asking someone why the Breach of the Peace is in there, and obviously they don't know, but they told me that if all other charges were dropped but the BoP held up then he would have no recourse to claiming costs back.

If true, that seems against natural justice.   

Reminds me of a mate of mine who back in the 80s at the height of football casualism got done for resisting arrest.  He'd been involved in a bit of soapy bubble in the east end of Glasgow, had nipped down a lane for a piss just after, when some bloke tried to grab him from behind.  He lamped him and as he fell back, his jacket fell open, my mate saw the radio and realised he'd just hit a plain clothes copper.    Got charged with police assault, the various things the copper he'd hit had seen him doing earlier and resisting arrest.   Got the usual kicking at the station for those times and a weekend in the Bar-L followed by an appearance in court on the Monday morning.  Plead not guilty to all charges and at trial got off with them all bar resisting arrest for which he got a slap on the wrist fine.   Afterwards he was raging, going on about how could he be done for resisting arrest when he shouldn't have been arrested in the first place as he'd been found not guilty of anything.    Someone then pointed out to him that he had actually done all they things he'd got off with  and his response was "I know, but I was found not guilty".

I also think these charges look trumped up. Everything about this whole saga from the start seems to be about inflicting as much damage as possible before the facts ever get aired. Really need to know if all these charges are relating to these two women. If yes I think they are breaking every alleged incident down into a charge and then inflating them. People like auld reekie look at the number of charges and find it difficult to see past it which of course is one big motive for doing it. By the time the truth comes out folk are long past finding the person guilty themselves.

One thing I do think after reading that Craig Murray article I quoted is this is now a life ir death case for both Àlex and Nicola. If Alex is exonerated she is finished IMHO. Alex is found guilty then obviously he will be the one who is finished. All of this was avoidable. 

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Holly crap this will definitely be running into next parliament 🙈 not felt this bad politically since 19 sept 2014 ... no sugar coating how bad this could be

It'll take a long time to eventually come to court and when it does do it will be all over the media, but in between there will be next to nothing to report and so it will be pretty quiet.  It will be in the back of people's minds but there won't be any opportunity for political opponents to make any capital out of it - at least not publicly.   It would have been best for the SNP if this had never happened.   Second best for them would be if it dragged on until after the next HR election.  Absolute worst would be if the trial coincided with that.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I also think these charges look trumped up. Everything about this whole saga from the start seems to be about inflicting as much damage as possible before the facts ever get aired. Really need to know if all these charges are relating to these two women. If yes I think they are breaking every alleged incident down into a charge and then inflating them. People like auld reekie look at the number of charges and find it difficult to see past it which of course is one big motive for doing it. By the time the truth comes out folk are long past finding the person guilty themselves.

One thing I do think after reading that Craig Murray article I quoted is this is now a life ir death case for both Àlex and Nicola. If Alex is exonerated she is finished IMHO. Alex is found guilty then obviously he will be the one who is finished. All of this was avoidable. 

Why would it mean Nicola is finished if he is exonerated.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

If true, that seems against natural justice.   

Reminds me of a mate of mine who back in the 80s at the height of football casualism got done for resisting arrest.  He'd been involved in a bit of soapy bubble in the east end of Glasgow, had nipped down a lane for a piss just after, when some bloke tried to grab him from behind.  He lamped him and as he fell back, his jacket fell open, my mate saw the radio and realised he'd just hit a plain clothes copper.    Got charged with police assault, the various things the copper he'd hit had seen him doing earlier and resisting arrest.   Got the usual kicking at the station for those times and a weekend in the Bar-L followed by an appearance in court on the Monday morning.  Plead not guilty to all charges and at trial got off with them all bar resisting arrest for which he got a slap on the wrist fine.   Afterwards he was raging, going on about how could he be done for resisting arrest when he shouldn't have been arrested in the first place as he'd been found not guilty of anything.    Someone then pointed out to him that he had actually done all they things he'd got off with  and his response was "I know, but I was found not guilty".

Yeah, they might be talking pish but it came up in conversation.

That's why the police should announce themselves, some folk dont react well to being sneaked up on, i'm laughing cause one of my cousins years ago ran up behind my gran and said "give us your money" and she turned round and lamped him with her walking stick before realising who it was.

19 minutes ago, phart said:

I was asking someone why the Breach of the Peace is in there, and obviously they don't know, but they told me that if all other charges were dropped but the BoP held up then he would have no recourse to claiming costs back.

That sounds sneaky as fuck. So probably correct. 

1 minute ago, phart said:

Yeah, they might be talking pish but it came up in conversation.

That's why the police should announce themselves, some folk dont react well to being sneaked up on, i'm laughing cause one of my cousins years ago ran up behind my gran and said "give us your money" and she turned round and lamped him with her walking stick before realising who it was.

That was his defence against the police assault charge, the he hadn't identified himself, so my mate was defending himself.  Thinking back, it was actually even weirder because as soon as he realised what he'd done, he basically put his hands up, so he didn't really resist arrest.  He got done for the one thing he hadn't done but got off with those that he did do.

3 minutes ago, phart said:

Not sure how much sense it makes not sure how costs work in criminal cases. But it might mean he can't civilly sue or something.

Mind you, good luck in getting a breach charge from six years ago to stick.  That's got to be the definition of optimism.

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Why would it mean Nicola is finished if he is exonerated.

Did you read the the Murray piece. It is damning IMO. I now think NS has been heavily involved in this from the start and I think Murray has nailed it but I think it is even worse than he speculates. It fits everything I have seen here. Nicola Sturgeon is a an extremely poor leader with really appalling judgement IMHO. She has been in the job a very short time and has been ball deep in two horrific fuck ups at this point. If all of this results in Salmond going through hell and being exonerated she is finished. She is finished anyway I reckon. If you let her go on she will call indyref2 at the wrong time and lose it. That will be her icing on the cake.

5 minutes ago, phart said:

Do we know when it was committed?

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Did you read the the Murray piece. It is damning IMO. I now think NS has been heavily involved in this from the start and I think Murray has nailed it but I think it is even worse than he speculates. It fits everything I have seen here. Nicola Sturgeon is a an extremely poor leader with really appalling judgement IMHO. She has been in the job a very short time and has been ball deep in two horrific fuck ups at this point. If all of this results in Salmond going through hell and being exonerated she is finished. She is finished anyway I reckon. If you let her go on she will call indyref2 at the wrong time and lose it. That will be her icing on the cake.

Best case scenario is TM does not allow indy 2 as i honestly cant see us winning it, that should then give yes voters a sense of greivence, the snp will not get a majority at the next elections so it looks like 2026 the snp will need to go in with indy as their main policy, mrs black as the snp leader.

15 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You got a link for this Murray piece or able to give me the gist of it. Was Nicola guilty of covering it up or has she done anything that could be massively ruin her leadership?

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm surprised anyone questions that with a "Wow"

It's not beyond the realms of fantasy is it unless you are really naive

Salmond instigated the SNP being squeaky clean and as  Davey says for all that hard work to be undone like this seems nonsensical

Has he acted improperly ? Probably

Who hasnt ?

Appropriate for a First Minister ? Probably not

However IMO these charges have been trumped up to the max - I for one am glad we are going to find out the truth behind it

The charges are extremely serious.

I won't be crying conspiracy or defending his character for the very same reasons I won't be labeling him guilty.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

First it was the loss of nearly half her MPs at the first test due to a stupid move and now I learn she was hugely involved in creating this utter fucking catastrophe. These are huge huge mistakes. 

Sturgeon cant really here win.
If she defended Salmond the media / brit-nats would rightly call cover up.

3 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Sturgeon cant really here win.
If she defended Salmond the media / brit-nats would rightly call cover up.

True. And the sheer hypocrisy of that is the Tories and Westminster are the kings of cover-up. Just look at the sex crimes carried out by a former PM that have been covered up for years without a word said.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

The Murray piece is wholly predicated on Salmond not being guilty of anything. If - and I’m not saying he did or he didn’t - but if he’s guilty of any of the charges then sturgeon couldn’t be seen to have done anything other than distance herself from him. If he’s innocent then she can still say she had to keep her distance in case she was seen to be interfering.

Unfortunately the meetings they had don’t look too great for either argument at the moment but hopefully all will become clear when they’re investigated.

As suggested elsewhere, if Scotland gaining independence is dependent on whether Salmond is a sex offender or not, and whether Sturgeon stitched him up or not, then we’re not ready to be independent anyway.

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

😄 You what?

I see nothing much has changed on here. People like me are probably keeping an open mind and are willing to let a court of justice determine his guilt. I certainly won't be backing Salmond until his innocence is clear nor will I be donating to a crowdfund or some other crass licking of Alex's bumhole just because of my political biases.

Alec has definitely got his work cut out to win this. With there being Corroboration it will be a hard one for him to prove he is innocent in a court of law unless he has good witnesses and damming information that will blow the allegations out of the water. Dark forces at work I think,if the two alleged victims stories are of a similar nature that is enough to get a conviction through corroboration.  I just hope Alex has been doing his homework and has a good Defence otherwise he could easily end up in jail if convicted of even half of the charges!