Is Alex Salmond sex pest? - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Alex Salmond sex pest?

andreimack

Alex Accused of being a bit of a pest by two different women, he strenuously denies both accusations after fighting behind the scenes to make it all go away for years. Now the cat’s out the bag SNP supporters take to social media to claim it’s a MI 5 or unionist plot! What’s the Tamb’s take on this as it all seems a bit quiet on here. 

https://apple.news/AVUIGF3DGTPO1PfG7Cr1B-w

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Oh dear, is everything OK at home ? 

Yes, why wouldn’t it be?  

That’s your answer to my question? Wow very insightful. I’m guessing allegations of sexual assault are a laughing matter to be ignored in your household Jimbo. 

How can any of us judge without seeing any evidence, theres one thing, it cant be of a serious nature as it would have been reported to the police a long time ago, IMHO salmond a sex pest? No most definitely not, a few sleazy moments? Is past any man to have that? 

I have to pick you up, where has it stated or where is the evidence he has “tried to make it go away for years?”

Edited by hampden_loon2878

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

How can any of us judge without seeing any evidence, theres one thing, it cant be of a serious nature as it would have been reported to the police a long time ago, IMHO salmond a sex pest? No most definitely not, a few sleazy moments? Is past any man to have that? 

I have to pick you up, where has it stated or where is the evidence he has “tried to make it go away for years?”

According to the press the allegations have been around since 2013 and Alex has tried to make them go away. Also the fact he was on one hand saying he didn’t know what he was alleged to have done whilst in the same interview saying the claims were  “ patently ridiculous”  suggests he’s lying. 

1 hour ago, andreimack said:

According to the press the allegations have been around since 2013 and Alex has tried to make them go away. Also the fact he was on one hand saying he didn’t know what he was alleged to have done whilst in the same interview saying the claims were  “ patently ridiculous”  suggests he’s lying. 

how ?  If his opinion is that he has never been in that position of sexual misconduct then would be easy for him to dismiss the claims - he is saying he is unaware of the details of the claims to be able to give the evidence to dismiss.

8 hours ago, andreimack said:

No they have been around since december,if you are going fishing at least use good bait

Edited by hampden_loon2878

On 8/28/2018 at 6:52 AM, phart said:

It's from January, first recorded complaint against Salmond.

That's pretty much all we know, anything else is just an insight into projection for the person making the claims.

The press said the complaints were made to police in January but were around since 2013?  I think it was the Telegraph? I’ll check later as my wi-fi is total crap and it’s taking  forever to get pages to open. 🤬

Edited by andreimack

Yep, the alleged offences took place in 2013 and were only reported this year, so Alex was still first minister when the offences were committed. Was this covered up at the time by SNP ministers to avoid scandal? Did Nicola Sturgeon know? We’re these women bullied into submission at the time for the greater good? Serious questions need to be asked and answered. 

11 hours ago, andreimack said:

The press said the complaints were made to police in January but were around since 2013?  I think it was the Telegraph? I’ll check later as my wi-fi is total crap and it’s taking  forever to get pages to open. 🤬

I'll leave you to get caught up

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, andreimack said:

Does it?

If I was accused of sexual assault I could quite confidently state that the claims were ridiculous without knowing what I was alleged to have done.

One thing about Salmond is that he is an exceptionally intelligent and perceptive man. He knows exactly how the establishment and MSM works and that they’d immediately use the slightest indiscretion to destroy him and do so with the utmost glee. He knows full well exactly what they’re capable of.  Salmond himself gives new SNP MPs the lowdown on the need to watch their backs every waking second, what to look out for and how to avoid the many pitfalls an unwary individual could innocently and unwittingly fall into. They’ll happily wreck an innocent person’s career over the slightest suggestion of wrongdoing and Salmond knows this very very well. So that being the case, I’d be staggered if he was ever to put himself in the position where he could be accused, even in the most tenuous or implausible way, of anything like this.

That said, my above view is of course purely conjecture and the fact he knows this and would be an idiot to become involved in anything remotely approaching sexual misconduct (and we know he’s not an idiot) does not prove his innocence.

It’s right that this should be fully investigated, and it’s equally right that Salmond be given the right to defend himself, both in terms of the accustations apparently made  (and to this end he needs to know exactly what he’s accused of and be given full details) and also to challenge the process used if he believes it to be unjust.

The truth will be determined on evidence alone and that’s how it should be.

Until this happens, none of us can possibly say whether he’s a sex pest or not.

That won’t stop the media suggesting it’s all true by virtue of the spin-laden reporting we can expect over the next few weeks of course, but most of us are surely better than that?

I am proud that Scotland will rightly investigate such accusations no matter who they are made against and no matter the seniority of that individual rather than sweep it all under the carpet as happens not a million miles away. That can only be to our credit as a progressive nation and thus I see it as a boost for the Indy campaign and not a blow as some would have you believe.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

On 8/30/2018 at 4:01 AM, andreimack said:

Probably because they are stuck together with glue or something. 😎

I know that there are sometimes legitimate reasons why people don't feel able to make the allegation at the time, but it does frustrate me a bit when allegations are made years after the event. If something has affected you that much, I think you'd ideally want it to be dealt with right away. Not to mention that you might be saving someone else from going through the same thing, if the person responsible is brought to justice or at least has their actions highlighted.

It's also depressing that it's almost impossible to ever know whether someone actually did it, or whether it's a false accusation. Sad world.

Sure some US politician was slated for saying that he won’t go to dinner with any female other than his wife, presumably because of potential allegations and maybe because it might be disrespectful to his wife. 

Easy to laugh off a conservative approach like this but would make stuff like this less likely to happen. 

On 9/8/2018 at 1:48 AM, George Saint said:

I know that there are sometimes legitimate reasons why people don't feel able to make the allegation at the time, but it does frustrate me a bit when allegations are made years after the event. If something has affected you that much, I think you'd ideally want it to be dealt with right away. Not to mention that you might be saving someone else from going through the same thing, if the person responsible is brought to justice or at least has their actions highlighted.

It's also depressing that it's almost impossible to ever know whether someone actually did it, or whether it's a false accusation. Sad world.

The thing is judging by what we know, folk do bottle it up for years for a variety of issues. Without trying to elevate myself too much my personal opinion on why the social sciences get so much shit wrong is they assume rational actors, humans aren't rational in their actions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...