Israel tickets on sale - Page 5 - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel tickets on sale

calum83

Lets hope they do get them sent out... I am not leaving until Wednesday so not worried but lots of others could get screwed around...

However, if there is the total chaos of 100% Pick Up, I will be quite pissed off if the SSC start blaming other associations, etc. It cant always be someone elses fault or due to something else outside you control when virtually every single thing related to tickets takes place at the very very very last minute. Remember how Bertie Vogts who used the blame game approach for every match.

You'd think a blanket email to all who have purchased tickets to let everyone know exactly what the situation and contingencies are would be a good idea to manage our expectations and also keep the amount of traffic down on their hotline from the 1500+ folk left in the dark.

Honestly not rocket science that anyone with any working experience and a basic education could come up with...

And one thing at least should be blatantly obvious to SSC is that they should learn from this is that they will have to start with Albania tickets soon so that everything can be in place before people travel... To not even have the Israel tickets available and in hand to post out and its only 8 days before the match is a ludicrous situation...

Hope it is 100% pick up, weed out the Harvesters. Probably say 1,200 fans travelling, Tel Aviv ticket collection Wednesday night and Haifa on match day. Plenty of trains up and Davie bus back. Not a problem.

The opposition is know months in advance and the venues are known at least 3 months before kick off yet the SSC always leave it until the death before making arrangements with the other associations 

Tickets should priority, that is the only reason any of us pay our subs every other year

1 minute ago, teecee- said:

Hope it is 100% pick up, weed out the Harvesters. Probably say 1,200 fans travelling, Tel Aviv ticket collection Wednesday night and Haifa on match day. Plenty of trains up and Davie bus back. Not a problem.

According to some on here the SSC staff don’t arrive until the Wednesday night so  a Wednesday collection is a non starter

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The opposition is know months in advance and the venues are known at least 3 months before kick off yet the SSC always leave it until the death before making arrangements with the other associations 

Tickets should priority, that is the only reason any of us pay our subs every other year

From what I understand from what a member of staff at the SFA was saying on social media, it was the Israeli's that were playing funny buggers and the hold up has been all down to them.

19 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Surely its not rocket science to have an alternative pick up in Tel Aviv the afternoon/night before the game

All depends where the SFA and SSC are staying (which I would imagine will be up in Haifa), so a location has to be found in Tel Aviv and on top of that there needs to be security for that location (though I heard ages ago that SSC staff would be wearing body cams for future pick up’s).

So while not impossible, it’s not as straight forward as setting up a table in a pub to hand out tickets.

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

As far as i know , collection will be in Haifa only , unless they change that . They arrive the night before the game . Most will be staying in Tel Aviv so an extra pickup in Haifa wed night or thurs will be useless . Prepare for long queues before the game 

14 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Prepare for long queues before the game 

Don't agree, even if only outlet is Haifa then 8 hours is ample to distribute what will probably be just over 1200/1300 briefs. Calls for a bit of inconvenience but so what. Be train up for me and Davey bus back.

7 hours ago, teecee- said:

Don't agree, even if only outlet is Haifa then 8 hours is ample to distribute what will probably be just over 1200/1300 briefs. Calls for a bit of inconvenience but so what. Be train up for me and Davey bus back.

Yes , but not everyone will be in Haifa 8 hours before the game . A load are going on the buses up which won't leave much time , and it'll probably be a lot more than 1200-1300tickets , the allocation was 2800 , though we don't know how many were sold or will turn up but it will be a lot more than 1200

Edited by tattiescone69
add text

7 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Surely in these circumstances and given that this has been outwith the SFA's hands they could arrange for fans to collect from Hampden before traveling.

I agree that would be a good idea but only if you live in Glasgow.

You could I guess argue that fans from other parts of the country would benefit as the queues for collection at the venue would be shorter.