Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Don't f*ck about with the firestick. Pay about 60 quid or so for a MAG box.

This is good advice. Try it on a firestick (only if you already have one), then buy a Mag box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, from what I’ve gathered here, I’ve an LG tv, so I can find an app on the store, download it and I’ll be good to go?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So, from what I’ve gathered here, I’ve an LG tv, so I can find an app on the store, download it and I’ll be good to go?

 

Aye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Couple of my pals are on this, anyone else use it?

 

https://genip.tv/

Aye, me (posted the link earlier in the fred).

I've tried a few over the years, and they're the best so far.

Edit: "best so far" in terms of value and quality anyway. I haven't tried the more expensive providers (the ones over £100 per year).

Edited by Dave78
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ibelieve!!! said:

I’m online using Simplicity TV on fire stick, what would be the main benefits for getting a set top box?

Simplicity is a superb service mate, good choice. Only real good reason for getting a set top is 4k content, no good though if you don't have a 4k tv. The box I use is a H96 max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using an app called Tvtap to stream most channels. It's pretty basic and you can't watch on demand but It does the trick for now.

Only problem I have is when I mirror from my phone to my Samsung TV, the brightness on the TV goes right down, while my phone or tablet remains the same. Can't find any settings on the TV to alter the brightness.... any ideas? Cheers

Edited by Coldo
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 12:50 AM, Dave78 said:

Aye, me (posted the link earlier in the fred).

I've tried a few over the years, and they're the best so far.

Edit: "best so far" in terms of value and quality anyway. I haven't tried the more expensive providers (the ones over £100 per year).

Signed up for this.
20 euros for 3 months : can watch any channel in world you can imagine.
When it works it is incredible.

Watched a few matches on Sky / BT - so easily paid for subscription fee.
Paid in Bitcoin to avoid giving card details 😉
However service does drop out on occasion
i.e last night before Scotland - Israel....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Signed up for this.
20 euros for 3 months : can watch any channel in world you can imagine.
When it works it is incredible.

Watched a few matches on Sky / BT - so easily paid for subscription fee.
Paid in Bitcoin to avoid giving card details 😉
However service does drop out on occasion
i.e last night before Scotland - Israel....

These kind of games should be on more than one channel bud, you scroll through a few folders and log where they are then add to your favourites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:


When it works it is incredible.

 😉

Unfortunately this is the big problem with a lot of IPTV subs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

These kind of games should be on more than one channel bud, you scroll through a few folders and log where they are then add to your favourites. 

That's it.... Stick all the channel variations in your favourites, and if one starts lagging, switch to the other. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

Signed up for this.
20 euros for 3 months : can watch any channel in world you can imagine.
When it works it is incredible.

Watched a few matches on Sky / BT - so easily paid for subscription fee.
Paid in Bitcoin to avoid giving card details 😉
However service does drop out on occasion
i.e last night before Scotland - Israel....

Only times I lhave lost service is when there is too much traffic. PPV boxing and Liverpool v Man City last Sunday. Too be fair as well when this happens they sort it out pretty quickly usually by killing all other channels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 6:21 AM, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Only times I lhave lost service is when there is too much traffic. PPV boxing and Liverpool v Man City last Sunday. Too be fair as well when this happens they sort it out pretty quickly usually by killing all other channels.

Hmmmm....
Must be something wrong at my end.
I seem to get all 12 000 channels or, on occasion, absolutely nothing.

Set top box is still connected to internet as I can connect to web / google play etc.
However if I try and open the file on my PC to view IPTV with VLC also get nothing.
I reckon it (GENIPTV) works about 60% of the time.

Makes me wonder if internet provider (Virgin) has realised what I am upto and blocked access ?
Any ideas ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well GENIPTV is all working now...
didn't change any setting.  incredible when it does work.
frustrating when it doesn't.

though given I paid 20 euros for 3 months cant complain much....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the back of this thread which I admit was confusing as fuck for me to begin with I finally took out a sub (that is a subscription, dicks) to two different IPTV providers. The worst part by far was identifying two supposedly decent ones. Took out a month sub with each as a test run before going for a longer period.

First thing for the other thickos out there - you don’t need a set top box, fire stick or any other pash or any fancy hardware to do this beyond a PC, tablet, phone. You can run it on a tv but you don’t need to. 

I started with the VLC player on my PC. That was a tad hard going but it did work in the end but only with one sub consistently . The other did not work so well. 

Then I used the GSE app on the iPad and it was excellent on both subs. (Now I see the one that did not like the VLC player on the pc has a huge amount of porn channels... decisions decisions.)

Fuck this thing really is amazing. It has virtually everything I could think of watching. 

Paying by month is the most expensive option but both cost 12-14 euros each! Mental. For that you get not only live tv from every tv channel you could dream of but also on demand tv series and movies. I gorged a bit on breaking bad yesterday. (It definitely loses the plot in ‘season 3’.)

 It is too good to be true or last so get in now and enjoy. Thank you OP.

Edited by thplinth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thplinth said:

On the back of this thread which I admit was confusing as fuck for me to begin with I finally took out a sub (that is a subscription, dicks) to two different IPTV providers. The worst part by far was identifying two supposedly decent ones. Took out a month sub with each as a test run before going for a longer period.

First thing for the other thickos out there - you don’t need a set top box, fire stick or any other pash or any fancy hardware to do this beyond a PC, tablet, phone. You can run it on a tv but you don’t need to. 

I started with the VLC player on my PC. That was a tad hard going but it did work in the end but only with one sub consistently . The other did not work so well. 

Then I used the GSE app on the iPad and it was excellent on both subs. (Now I see the one that did not like the VLC player on the pc has a huge amount of porn channels... decisions decisions.)

Fuck this thing really is amazing. It has virtually everything I could think of watching. 

Paying by month is the most expensive option but both cost 12-14 euros each! Mental. For that you get not only live tv from every tv channel you could dream of but also on demand tv series and movies. I gorged a bit on breaking bad yesterday. (It definitely loses the plot in ‘season 3’.)

 It is too good to be true or last so get in now and enjoy. Thank you OP.

Glad you tried it and like it, set top box or firestick lets you view it on the tele that's all, and as I pointed out before, I can pack either in my bag and watch it anywhere in the world. Had mine 2 year now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I'm finding Darkmatter frustratingly unreliable. I subscribed for a year - wish I hadn't. 

Do you clear the cache regularly,? Are you using a firestick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

Do you clear the cache regularly,? Are you using a firestick?

Smart Stb on LG TV. 

How do you clear cache? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turning off Broadband shield/homesafe/etc. is often required. Whenever something isn't working my first steps are: 

- Re-boot router
- Clear cache
- Ensure homesafe is turned off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed the iptv providers often sayon their site that if you are in the UK you must use a VPN to use the service. I think the UK internet providers must be very aggressive targeting IPTV users. For example one of the subs I am using does not list any UK channels despite having them all - all the other countries are listed with all channels listed in detail - but not the UK - just says it has UK channels and no details. So if you are using it in the UK without a VPN I expect that is why it does not work so well. Or it is a shit provider. Seems to be worth while going for something slightly more premium. Even the one that was not working so well for me is now almost flawless (only used a few days so far but). 

Edited by thplinth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I noticed the iptv providers often sayon their site that if you are in the UK you must use a VPN to use the service. I think the UK internet providers must be very aggressive targeting IPTV users. For example one of the subs I am using does not list any UK channels despite having them all - all the other countries are listed with all channels listed in detail - but not the UK - just says it has UK channels and no details. So if you are using it in the UK without a VPN I expect that is why it does not work so well. Or it is a shit provider. Seems to be worth while going for something slightly more premium. Even the one that was not working so well for me is now almost flawless (only used a few days so far but). 

One of the selling points of the one i use is that you don't need a VPN. 

There was one weekend last season where the EPL games were viewable on every IPTV service i know of without using a VPN, except the one i use. I assume most of the other guys have sorted it now though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×