IPTV - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 1/18/2019 at 4:40 AM, OLAS said:

What a whack of pish, Mazzie.   "Early stages of buffering" "Lesser used US stream".   Christ on a bike.  The Americans are the biggest consumers of IPTV.  

If you want the real reason, read on...

A lot of the US telly is 60fps rather than the typical 24/25 we get.  It all kinda stems from the NTSC standard of 30fps in the Americas when we had the 25 PAL version.   

Feature films look better in 24fps whilst sports are by far smoother around 60.     Spot on, Dave78. NBC Sports Network are superb for the English fitba'.   They are consistently 60fps these days and even if it's not full hd, it's 720p and much easier on the eye.  

Thanks for that... I also found this 8 month old reddit post on 60fps streams, and why it's pretty much impossible for IPTV providers to do them for Sky Sports....

Sky Sports (HD) is a lot of work. There are a few options for IPTV source providers, none good:

Option 1: Use Sky UK via Sky Satellite. To do this right, you need to break Sky's card security system. Hooking up a capture card to a receiver is not an option due to the serial number display and other visual security features. The serial number displays are in a static location, but there is nothing stopping Sky from moving them on some big match day and then killing the cards immediately. While the source provider can just get a new sub and a new box and try blurring the serial again, dealing with that every fucking week would be unpleasant. So the right thing to do would be to break the conditional access system. But that too is not a viable approach for so many reasons.

Option 2: Use Virgin UK. Virgin Cable UK security has been broken for a long time, anyone can decrypt it. No serial numbers to worry about when you are pulling the channel raw and decrypting it on PC. Problem is that Virgin changed security just for Sky Sports last time I checked. AFAIK, no one has broken it.

Option 3: Use Now TV/the Sky Sports app on Mobile, etc. Oddly, Now TV does not have any visual security markings on screen. But the source is 720/25fps, so forget that.

Option 4: Use Virgin Ireland. Last I checked, Virgin Ireland has not implemented the new security features that Virgin UK has. This is not a long term viable option, the new security is coming

Which leaves us with Option #5, which is what the IPTV sources appear to be actually doing (at least to my eyes) - connecting a capture card to a Virgin Media receiver and blurring/blocking out the serial displays. The serial is in one of two static locations, so it can be blocked out. At any moment, Virgin can push a firmware update that moves the serial...but they aren't.

This introduces a lot of latency - having to 'touch up' the feed before pipping it into your backend kind of sucks. There is also a computational demand involved in taking a 'live' video feed, modifying it, pipping it into your IPTV backend all in sufficient time that the stream doesn't lag for end users - lag on Sky Sports feeds is often due to the actual transport stream file not being available to stream. In other words, the actual modification/encoding operation was not completed in time. You are watching Minute 1, second 30. The backend is encoding Minute 2. But it doesn't complete in time. You reach Minute 2 and there is nothing to watch.

One good way to reduce the computational demands is to provide a lower resolution, lower bitrate and lower frame rate stream. This is what is happening here.

---

The US is a different world. No channel has security markings like Sky. There are a million different TV providers; channel exclusivity to a given provider is basically non-existent. And there are mobile apps for almost every channel that offer 60 fps feeds. It's a wealth of options for IPTV. The UK isn't like that. Sky encumbers everything in aggressive DRM and doesn't even offer a good product after you jump through their hoops - 720p/25fps through the mobile apps? Really?

IPTV providers aren't even able to do the easy stuff* - like integrating NBC Gold and Fox Soccer Match Pass into their product so that much of the desire for Sky is alleviated. The idea that anyone would invest in the hardware and talent - let alone spend the time - to do Sky right is kind of laughable. Virtually all IPTV source providers are minimally technical actors who do not have the intellectual capability to exist in the world that is coming - one where all the big UK sport is exclusively available OTT (as in not on US Pay TV). What will they do when the Champions League moves to Bleacher Report Live next year? They couldn't deal with the extremely weak NBC Gold security for EPL, what will they do with the Turner product?

All** the IPTV source providers want to do is to grab a channel with as little effort as possible and slap a big watermark on it (because what TV needs more of are watermarks) and rent the feed to people paying solely based off price. It's a gross business.

*The security of those services is weak. Child's play.

**All refers to source providers who sell to IPTV services that sell the resulting product publicly. I'm making an exception for this 'Extreme Feeds'; I've never heard of them so I don't want to pass judgement on their product.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, Mazziessc said:

Cyberflix

Install FireDl. 

FireDl code - 617329

Like showbox etc lads, well worth it for being free 👍

Just incase anyone hasn't got it or heard of it. 

You can get that on just about anything android. 

I've just installed Cyberflix (Been too busy to do it till now) Haven't got the time to watch an entire movie or a tv show but early signs are very promising. Just watched 5 minutes of a random movie (Elisha Cuthburt is hot!) and 5 mins of Curb your enthusiasm, the quality has been great and the streaming rapid.

Thanks for the recommendation. :cheers3:

Guest faircity

Okay, I've been using firestick for years, they have done the job. Recently tried a couple of IPTV thingies and one in particular worked superbly. 

So, for dummies in the technology field, what advantages would I get from getting an android box as opposed to viewing on my firestick. 

9 hours ago, faircity said:

Okay, I've been using firestick for years, they have done the job. Recently tried a couple of IPTV thingies and one in particular worked superbly. 

So, for dummies in the technology field, what advantages would I get from getting an android box as opposed to viewing on my firestick. 

4K content, from this tech dummy

Edited by The White Ceelo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any reccomendations for IPTV?

i was using Domin8IPTV but they were useless for contacting unless you are on facebook.

I would only use it for watch the odd game, I'm not really one for watching too much matches

On 3/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, vanderark14 said:

Any reccomendations for IPTV?

i was using Domin8IPTV but they were useless for contacting unless you are on facebook.

I would only use it for watch the odd game, I'm not really one for watching too much matches

I use Simplicity, great service. Live sport, movie and tv box sets, tv from all over the world.

However, it’s through Facebook I contact them. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/25/2018 at 12:56 AM, ibelieve!!! said:

Anyone recommend a decent app and sub for using it through an Amazon FireStick?

Hey buddy! I am using firestick from last 2 years and i have tried tons of iptv apps but never get any decent app. From past 6 moths i am using IPTV Smarters pro on my amazon firestick and its damn amazing. it is my all time favorite app now. I have got this suggestion from iptv guider website. they have listed working top 5 iptv apps and i have just picked only one from the list and i got it what i want. you can watch Live Tv channels, IPTV Vod movies, sports and many more. If this app is not available on your contry then you can try these best iptv apps on your firestick suggested by iptv guider. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thplinth said:

So who is a good IPTV provider these days? Amazing how short lived these cunts are. 😀

Services coming back online today after the Xtreme-codes shutdown. Replacement software being upgraded.

They can disrupt, but they can't destroy. Fight the power, comrade! 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:45 PM, Dave78 said:

Services coming back online today after the Xtreme-codes shutdown. Replacement software being upgraded.

They can disrupt, but they can't destroy. Fight the power, comrade! 

ahhh so this is what happened. The iptv supplier I am using is mostly not working still. They are not replying to emails and in fact I am getting emails to them getting bounced as undeliverable. So I went to their website and saw a notice saying what you say above. Did not realize it was so fragile. Hopefully it comes back as it was great. I think they are a pretty big outfit so surprised it is taking so long. Must be inundated with moaners like me.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

ahhh so this is what happened. The iptv supplier I am using is mostly not working still. They are not replying to emails and in fact I am getting emails to them getting bounced as undeliverable. So I went to their website and saw a notice saying what you say above. Did not realize it was so fragile. Hopefully it comes back as it was great. I think they are a pretty big outfit so surprised it is taking so long. Must be inundated with moaners like me.

Mine returned yesterday, not quite restored to what it was but it's looking good for a full restoration. Currently the Aberdeen channel is missing, hopefully this continues to be the case. 

54 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Mine returned yesterday, not quite restored to what it was but it's looking good for a full restoration. Currently the Aberdeen channel is missing, hopefully this continues to be the case. 

Just checked again, every channel is not valid format or URL near enough. I can see why these iptv folk offer such massive discounts if you go for longer. They are clearly very risky. I'll never go for six months again with any of them. It is only a few euros but they are clearly dicey kents at best. I will also be mixing it around a lot of larger providers as sticking with one just marks you as a mug rather than a loyal customer.

I was using yeahiptv. Bunch of wanks. 😀

Was in a pub that has multiple (legal and illegal) systems for getting what seems like every channel imaginable. They were saying IPTV was still down for them and although I can get the odd channel to stream (usually not the one I actually select!) it seems like 99%+ of the channels are still totally fucked.

Anyone back up? Like fully?

I am thinking we will have to wait a good while before knowing who has survived this. The crowd I was using who claimed the best support of all... well when this hit all emails to them suddenly became undeliverable. Like they just had to pull the plug totally to cope. 

23 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Was in a pub that has multiple (legal and illegal) systems for getting what seems like every channel imaginable. They were saying IPTV was still down for them and although I can get the odd channel to stream (usually not the one I actually select!) it seems like 99%+ of the channels are still totally fucked.

I am thinking we will have to wait a good while before knowing who has survived this. The crowd I was using who claimed the best support of all... well when this hit all emails to them suddenly became undeliverable. Like they just had to pull the plug totally to cope. 

My IPTV provider claims they are close to being up and running and the subscriptions will be honoured too. 

I'd say my provider is up to about 80% now.

That's because they were using Italian software called Xstream-codes which was raided by the polis and shutdown. It handled everything and was absolutely central to the whole IPTV industry, as i understand it. It not only handled the streaming technicalities, but the billing and email support, which explains why your provider went silent.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, thplinth said:

I will also be mixing it around a lot of larger providers as sticking with one just marks you as a mug rather than a loyal customer.

Ahm no sure on that. I've been with the same guys for about 18+ months now. Know what I'm getting so happy to stick with it. I know there's no loyalty with these IPTV guys and at any stage they could bail on everyone, but I'm not going to trial and run other companies just for the sake of it, especially when the guys I'm with have been sound thus far.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:04 AM, thplinth said:

Cheers Dave that makes sense.

Damn... they are not ignoring me but trying to protect me. Yikes! I'll maybe have to cut them some slack.

Naw actually I am thinking it might be fucked forever. ☹️

That is now a week plus and I don't really see much improvement. They get a few channels up that are so unstable it is hardly worth bothering in the end. 

It was always a bit too good to be true and maybe now that has proven to be so. Bugger. 

Whatever that raid on the software company in Italy did it was clearly an absolute kick in the balls for IPTV.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:54 AM, Tartan_McCole said:

Ahm no sure on that. I've been with the same guys for about 18+ months now. Know what I'm getting so happy to stick with it. I know there's no loyalty with these IPTV guys and at any stage they could bail on everyone, but I'm not going to trial and run other companies just for the sake of it, especially when the guys I'm with have been sound thus far.

Are any of them fully back up at this point? The big providers? Mine obviously isn't (and they had hot shit customer service till this hit). I am thinking a lot of the smaller ones are gone and not coming back.

Edited by thplinth

24 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Naw actually I am thinking it might be fucked forever. ☹️

That is now a week plus and I don't really see much improvement. They get a few channels up that are so unstable it is hardly worth bothering in the end. 

It was always a bit too good to be true and maybe now that has proven to be so. Bugger. 

Whatever that raid on the software company in Italy did it was clearly an absolute kick in the balls for IPTV.

I'm watching the Spurs v Bayern match on a perfect BT Sports stream as i'm typing this. 

It seems only the main channels are back for me (i use BBTV from these folk - https://thebeastip.tv/backup-services/). The channels that are up are generally solid.

Looking at what the providers are saying (discord link here if you want to have a look - https://discord.gg/SYnCjVA) they seem to still be in the process of switching software.

35 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I'm watching the Spurs v Bayern match on a perfect BT Sports stream as i'm typing this. 

It seems only the main channels are back for me (i use BBTV from these folk - https://thebeastip.tv/backup-services/). The channels that are up are generally solid.

Looking at what the providers are saying (discord link here if you want to have a look - https://discord.gg/SYnCjVA) they seem to still be in the process of switching software.

Aye same for me. 

If you have a VPN you can use Zattoo TV (via switzerland). It is quite good.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, thplinth said:

Are any of them fully back up at this point? The big providers? Mine obviously isn't (and they had hot shit customer service till this hit). I am thinking a lot of the smaller ones are gone and not coming back.

Mine certainly isn't. I caught the Liverpool game yesterday on their back-up account, but that doesn't have the same full range of channels as their main account. They've not closed down their support groups and are still answering questions/giving updates so hoping they're still working away to get it sorted out.