IPTV - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

32 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Message me or check TAZ TV Facebook or Twitter m8

One thing i've never understood re the quality of IPTV stream is the frame-rate.

With my provider (geniptv) the American channels like NBC SN are much smoother. When watching a game on the Sky Sports streams if someone makes a long pass which forces the camera to pan, it goes blurry and hurts my eyes/heid.

Howcome the US streams are more fluid?

24 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

One thing i've never understood re the quality of IPTV stream is the frame-rate.

With my provider (geniptv) the American channels like NBC SN are much smoother. When watching a game on the Sky Sports streams if someone makes a long pass which forces the camera to pan, it goes blurry and hurts my eyes/heid.

The problem is more with the amount of people using that particular stream rather than the frame rate. It's the early stages of buffering you are seeing caused by the amount of people watching that stream on which ever server it's held. Hence why the lesser used US stream is clearer, there will be less traffic on that and the server will be coping more.  It's fixable when or if your provider upgrades the server, something which I'd imagine they do regularly otherwise it would crash due to the increase in their IPTV users/ traffic.  

9 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Am getting a lot of buffering for big games, should I install a VPN ?

Won't make any difference mate. You may have to change a setting on your router only. If you cannot see the streams. Generally find you get what you pay for with this. Pay about £70 should get you good solid service

On 1/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Am getting a lot of buffering for big games, should I install a VPN ?

Might work...
Solved all my problems (occasional buffering / blocked channels)

Try a free trial with nordvpn : ISPs (like Virign) are actively blocking illegal content these days.

Edited by Haggis_trap

I got a 48hr trial from @Mazziessc . All in all it's a great service. Same price as GenIPTV, but with better presentation and slightly better quality streams for Sky sports. Better EPG too. I'll be switching over when my current geniptv sub expires :ok:

21 hours ago, Dave78 said:

I got a 48hr trial from @Mazziessc . All in all it's a great service. Same price as GenIPTV, but with better presentation and slightly better quality streams for Sky sports. Better EPG too. I'll be switching over when my current geniptv sub expires :ok:

Glad you enjoyed it. Hear from you soon.

Might even make a Scotland one if enough folk interested. 

I don't understand why, in this day and age, people would still pay for things like this.

I bought a Firestick 4K for £30 (Black Friday) and I've paid a one-off fee of £5 for two years of a subscription to NordVPN.

I've been able to watch dozens of movies, tv shows and live sporting events in the past couple of months with no trouble at all. Firestick 4K comes with a browser, you can just bookmark the most reliable streaming sites and off you go.

The only time that I wished I hadn't gotten the Firestick is when I was watching "Bird Box" last Friday... one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

I don't understand why, in this day and age, people would still pay for things like this.

I bought a Firestick 4K for £30 (Black Friday) and I've paid a one-off fee of £5 for two years of a subscription to NordVPN.

I've been able to watch dozens of movies, tv shows and live sporting events in the past couple of months with no trouble at all. Firestick 4K comes with a browser, you can just bookmark the most reliable streaming sites and off you go.

The only time that I wished I hadn't gotten the Firestick is when I was watching "Bird Box" last Friday... one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Because people don't want to waste money paying sky/bt. Some people where paying over £100 a month are now paying almost half that for a year.

They also want reliability, they want to know they can flick from BBC 1 to sky sports to a cinema movie to the latest series to a ppv event instantly instead of scouring the internet for streams by which time what they wanted to watch is finished. 

They want help setting up and aftercare with it as well as the unnecessary involvement of VPN's and that added cost.

2 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Because people don't want to waste money paying sky/bt. Some people where paying over £100 a month are now paying almost half that for a year.

They also want reliability, they want to know they can flick from BBC 1 to sky sports to a cinema movie to the latest series to a ppv event instantly instead of scouring the internet for streams by which time what they wanted to watch is finished. 

They want help setting up and aftercare with it as well as the unnecessary involvement of VPN's and that added cost.

Is IPTV a subscription thing?

No. I get not wanting pay through the nose for bt/sky, etc.

As stated, though, I can literally watch any tv show or any movie or any live sporting event, with no monthly fees. I never get buffering issues or any issue that stop the enjoyment.

Amazon Firestick 4K is the way to go.

On 1/14/2019 at 12:38 PM, Chripper said:

Is IPTV a subscription thing?

No. I get not wanting pay through the nose for bt/sky, etc.

As stated, though, I can literally watch any tv show or any movie or any live sporting event, with no monthly fees. I never get buffering issues or any issue that stop the enjoyment.

Amazon Firestick 4K is the way to go.

Yea mate... a'lot less than you think though. You can watch all of these things just better. No arsing about looking for things. Everything contained in the one app. Click to play. Reliable PPV included. Some even have record functions and most have live pause.

Ours (I'm not trying to plug it honestly 😂) Although there's a few folk on here who can vouch for it, is £65 a year with VPN built in  and you are already at £60 a year anyway for yours.  

Look for acceptable free trials. There's a few who'll  charge you £30ish etc. Stay clear. They are that price for a reason!

1 minute ago, Mazziessc said:

Yea mate... a'lot less than you think though. You can watch all of these things just better. No arsing about looking for things. Everything contained in the one app. Click to play. Reliable PPV included. Some even have record functions and most have live pause.

Ours (I'm not trying to plug it honestly 😂) Although there's a few folk on here who can vouch for it, is £65 a year with VPN built in  and you are already at £60 a year anyway for yours.  

Look for acceptable free trials. There's a few who'll  charge you £30ish etc. Stay clear. They are that price for a reason!

The recording function sounds good and everything, but I don't think I'd be up for paying a subscription.

(So, how much do you get commission? ;)) I suppose £65 per year is fine, especially when you compare it to Sky and BT, etc. 

Seriously, though, the Firestick and NordVPN method is definitely the way to go:

Right now you can get the Firestick 4K for £50. You can get NordVPN on eBay for £5-£10 for a two year subscription.

The only downside about my method is that you have to search for movies, etc. But with Firestick 4K it offers a browser app, so all you do is install the app, search to sites, bookmark them and just click on them at your want.... so it's really not that much of a bother.

Did you get a Firestick for Christmas or something? People have been doing what you're doing for years. IPTV is good so you know that if something goes tits up then somebody is there to fix it.

Who do you complain to when you can't find what you're looking for? Nobody. Happens when your usual go to stream gets pulled?

On 1/9/2019 at 1:56 PM, Dave78 said:

On 1/9/2019 at 2:59 PM, Mazziessc said:

The problem is more with the amount of people using that particular stream rather than the frame rate. It's the early stages of buffering you are seeing caused by the amount of people watching that stream on which ever server it's held. Hence why the lesser used US stream is clearer, there will be less traffic on that and the server will be coping more.  It's fixable when or if your provider upgrades the server, something which I'd imagine they do regularly otherwise it would crash due to the increase in their IPTV users/ traffic.  

What a whack of pish, Mazzie.   "Early stages of buffering" "Lesser used US stream".   Christ on a bike.  The Americans are the biggest consumers of IPTV.  

If you want the real reason, read on...

A lot of the US telly is 60fps rather than the typical 24/25 we get.  It all kinda stems from the NTSC standard of 30fps in the Americas when we had the 25 PAL version.   

Feature films look better in 24fps whilst sports are by far smoother around 60.     Spot on, Dave78. NBC Sports Network are superb for the English fitba'.   They are consistently 60fps these days and even if it's not full hd, it's 720p and much easier on the eye.  

16 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Did you get a Firestick for Christmas or something? People have been doing what you're doing for years. IPTV is good so you know that if something goes tits up then somebody is there to fix it.

Who do you complain to when you can't find what you're looking for? Nobody. Happens when your usual go to stream gets pulled?

Yes, I got a Firestick for Christmas, I also got it for Boxing day, Hogmanay and New Years day. I hope to also get it for Easter and my Birthday. Not only that but I get it for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner and supper and sometimes I get Firestick for a midnight snack.

How about you?

Pulled streams for what? Movies? Never happened. TV Shows? Still no. Sports? Still waiting.

Edited by Chripper

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I wish i was such an expert on something after just 3 weeks of usage... 

You mean moi?

Nah. I've had three generations of the Firestick. :)

The first one sucked, but they've steadily improved since 2014.

Edited by Chripper

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

You mean moi?

Nah. I've had three generations of the Firestick. :)

The first one sucked, but they've steadily improved.

The firestick is merely a piece of hardware. A pretty underpowered piece of hardware at that. 

I'll stick with my superior hardware and superior quality streams, thanks. 

Just now, Parklife said:

The firestick is merely a piece of hardware. A pretty underpowered piece of hardware at that. 

I'll stick with my superior hardware and superior quality streams, thanks. 

Hardware is only as effective or as powerful as the person using it.

The first couple of Firesticks were limited because there wasn't any browser that was created for it, but there is now.

If you're cool with paying subscriptions... I have some magic beans that might interest you. ;)

14 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Hardware is only as effective or as powerful as the person using it.

The first couple of Firesticks were limited because there wasn't any browser that was created for it, but there is now.

If you're cool with paying subscriptions... I have some magic beans that might interest you. ;)

I'm happy paying 27p/day for reliable streams and PPV's that never, ever go down. To be able to go from thinking about watching something, to actually watching it in 20 seconds, to have support if i am having any issues, to be able to watch any NFL match i want, to be able to watch films on demand with no issues. 

To generally just have a superior experience to the thick cunts who think buying a firestick means they know what they're talking about.