Scotland u21 squad - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland u21 squad

PASTA Mick

11 hours ago, Malcolm said:

For every mctominay, there is a Judas mcgeady and McCarthy.  I’d rather we get an early resolution on this.  My preferred system is nomination on professional forms.   Saves this constant dicking about.

Say we do cap Hornby next month and he goes on to be one of the best strikers in England in a couple of years. He might end up resenting us for trapping him. He’s unlikely to give his best in a Scotland jersey if that’s the case. 

If he ends up doing well in England and actually chooses us over England then we know he’s a true Scot and actually wants to play for us. 

• 4 weeks later...

We were well beaten by Ukraine last year, but our squad has matured now (even if still relatively young). It’ll be interesting to see how we perform against them on Friday. I do remember that the last time Ukraine had a midfielder who looked like he could be world class. Still, we have one too although he’a still very young for this age group. 

It’s a moot point, because we are stuck with McLeish, like it or not, but when Malky  Mackay took charge for the friendly against the Dutch, I thought the team had a genuine freshness about it, young players playing with energy and dynamism, despite the defeat.

It’s easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, but I would’ve stuck with Mackay. McLeish, as many have said, is a dinosaur, and the persistence to stick with players that have failed from qualification to qualification baffles me.

17 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

It’s a moot point, because we are stuck with McLeish, like it or not, but when Malky  Mackay took charge for the friendly against the Dutch, I thought the team had a genuine freshness about it, young players playing with energy and dynamism, despite the defeat.

It’s easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, but I would’ve stuck with Mackay. McLeish, as many have said, is a dinosaur, and the persistence to stick with players that have failed from qualification to qualification baffles me.

Mackay seems to be doing a reasonable job as DoF. Leave him there. The only provisio being the travel arrangements were ridiculous. They spent  most of Wednesday on a plane and then a bus and Mackay should oversee that. 

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Can't find a live stream that works. Anyone else?

live.harleyquinnwidget.com/freelivematch/622425010728640.html

It's been a truly awful performance. Our players are unable to do the basics, at any level.

Someone above said we've been "decent", aye, okay, and WWII was a minor scuffle.

Edited by Chripper

It's been a funny campaign for the u21s. A tough group, some good results and some awful ones.

One thing to remember is that (I think) Tierney, Souttar, McKenna, McTominay and McBurnie could have all played in this team but have already progressed to the first team. 

Oliver Burke wasn't included this time either and Harper could also have been included. 

They have fallen short, mainly because of the 2 draws against the weakest 2 teams, but it's not all doom and gloom.