Scotland u21 squad - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland u21 squad

PASTA Mick

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I understand that but he's playing (and starting) for Chelsea 23s already.

He's already ahead of what somebody his age would normally be at Chelsea and I've no doubt when he fills out (which he already has started to) then he'll continue that trajectory.

I know it's a bold prediction but I think he'll have a full cap before he turns 19.

At Chelsea he's only a year ahead of his development, normally this would be his last season in the U18s.  That's encouraging but its not that out of the ordinary.

There's nowhere else to go after the U18s, there's only the U23s or out of the door.    

He won't get a full cap until he plays first team football somewhere.  I don't see him doing that until season 2020/21 at which point he'll be 19.

15 minutes ago, aaid said:

At Chelsea he's only a year ahead of his development, normally this would be his last season in the U18s.  That's encouraging but its not that out of the ordinary.

There's nowhere else to go after the U18s, there's only the U23s or out of the door.    

He won't get a full cap until he plays first team football somewhere.  I don't see him doing that until season 2020/21 at which point he'll be 19.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to Rangers for the whole of next season, depending on his physical development. 

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to Rangers for the whole of next season, depending on his physical development. 

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at that either but I still think he'll be in the development squad for another season then go on loan to a decent championship or lower premiership side.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

will be good to see how Bates compares with the home based players.

Part of me was actually really shocked that Bates is still eligible for the U21's, as I had it in mind that he was a lot older for some reason.

Updated squad - 

• Ryan Fulton - Hamilton Academical
  • Robby McCrorie - Rangers
  • Ross Doohan - Ayr United (on loan from Celtic)
  • David Bates - Hamburg
  • Ross McCrorie - Rangers
  • Tom McIntyre - Reading
  • Ryan Porteous - Hibernian
  • Liam Smith - Ayr United
  • Daniel Harvie - Ayr United
  • Ryan Williamson - Dunfermline Athletic
  • Chris Cadden - Motherwell
  • Allan Campbell - Motherwell
  • Lewis Ferguson - Aberdeen
  • Billy Gilmour - Chelsea
  • Michael Johnston - Celtic
  • Kyle Magennis - St. Mirren
  • Stevie Mallan - Hibernian
  • Iain Wilson - Kilmarnock
  • Fraser Hornby - Everton
  • Frank Ross - Aberdeen
  • Oli Shaw - Hibernian

Hopefully we will be Andorra but I'm not sure it's a strong enough squad to beat the Dutch again. 

What the hells wrong with Burke? He was fine last week playing for West Bromwich second string in the cup. He hasn't started a league game all season you would think a Scotland U21 game might actually benefit him. Better be a legitimate reason or really starting to worry his attitude is the reason he won't make full use of his talent

10 hours ago, bazmidd said:

What the hells wrong with Burke? He was fine last week playing for West Bromwich second string in the cup. He hasn't started a league game all season you would think a Scotland U21 game might actually benefit him. Better be a legitimate reason or really starting to worry his attitude is the reason he won't make full use of his talent

Apparently he injured his knee in training with us.

On 9/5/2018 at 9:51 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Greg Taylor is out the squad.

Replaced by Daniel Harvie, fresh off the back of his 2nd successive sending off in the league, this time for throwing the ball at an opponent in a 5-0 defeat!

To be fair he has been excellent since coming in, other than those two games 

We've looked poor at this level for a while. We really struggle to break teams down and that's the story so far tonight.

Only positive is that Taylor, Souttar, McKenna, Morgan, Burke, McBurnie and a good few others could all still play in this side was it not for injury and being called up to the first team. 

2 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

How has he played?

Took his goals well but Andorra are very poor. Got MOTM.

1 minute ago, JECK said:

Hows wee Gilmour played?

Got an assist. Did okay but didn't have much space as Andorra played with plenty of players behind the ball.