Buying a Sofa Online (from Wayfair). - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Buying a Sofa Online (from Wayfair).

Now, I should probably post this on mumsnet or such like, but if there is one thing I've learnt from the TAMB over the years, someone on here has knowledge or experience of whatever it is we're talking about...

So, I'm thinking of buying a sofa online from Wayfair...

It took 4 requests and 5 weeks for me to get 3 swatches out of them, which does not bode well, but they appear to have the sofa I want in the colour I want.

However, buying a Sofa Online without seeing it in the flesh... Iffy.

Have any of you bought a sofa or such like from them? If so, how's the quality?

I knew if I hung around long enough on this board  I could provide a worthwhile contribution to a thread.   

I havent bought a sofa from Wayfair but I have bought a bed frame. From memory I had to wait a while for the swatches ( the headboard, side and base were a linen material) but I was really pleased with it when it came. It was very good quality. 

However, I am not sure I would buy a sofa from anywhere without trying it first.

On 3 ocasions my friend has bought sofas  online or a magazine and  she has given them all away. They could be good quality but still  not comfortable to you. 

Also , I think  Wayfair is simply an internet site that gives loads of  retailers an outlet, so the quality you get will probably be dependant on the  retailer.  

10 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Now, I should probably post this on mumsnet or such like, but if there is one thing I've learnt from the TAMB over the years, someone on here has knowledge or experience of whatever it is we're talking about...

So, I'm thinking of buying a sofa online from Wayfair...

It took 4 requests and 5 weeks for me to get 3 swatches out of them, which does not bode well, but they appear to have the sofa I want in the colour I want.

However, buying a Sofa Online without seeing it in the flesh... Iffy.

Have any of you bought a sofa or such like from them? If so, how's the quality?

I would only get it if you want it to look good instead of actually using it. If you want to actually use it I would look into stressless recliners..... love dem! ❤️ 

Edited by Kimba

I would make sure you get accurate dimensions relating to the shape of it. For example a sofa may jut out at the back or at the sides in unexpected ways. I'd check if the dimensions refer to the ground area (which might underestimate the space taken up), or the total maximum length/width/height (which may overestimate what space it could be squeezed into/through). Also how rigid or squashable are the arms/extremities?

Because of course you need to make sure you can get it in the door(s), round the corner(s) and into the room.