Team for forthcoming matches - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for forthcoming matches

Malcolm

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Tierney left back, Robertson left mid, Ryan Fraser right wing...............means no James Forrest. Get it done Eck😂😂😂😂😂😂

Interesting choice. I have a feeling McLeish will go with Robertson at LB though as he is the best left back we have. 

If I was the manager I would definitely be playing Robertson at left back and trying to accommodate Tierney elsewhere, if possible. 

I certainly wouldn’t be playing our best defender in midfield anyway. If an Albania goal comes from an attack down their right wing and Tierney makes an error or something then people are going to question why our best left back was playing in midfield.

It’s a tough choice for McLeish though. It will be interesting to see what he does although I’ve already got a pretty good idea based on what he’s said already. 

1 minute ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Really disappointed. Now he's playing in the English Prem I've seen more of him. A quality passer of the ball. He's not shown it yet for Scotland but was looking forward to seeing him.

He should hopefully be back for our games in October which means he’ll only miss one NL game. 

32 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Up shit creek now. Hanley only option I can see, with McKenna, Berra also missing. 

I doubt Hendry would have started to be honest. 

I’m pretty sure Tierney and Mulgrew will be our central defence. 

Tierney, Souttar and Mulgrew now if McLeish goes with a back 3.  

If any of those guys pull out then we will indeed be Donald Ducked. 

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t get booed. 

What an attitude. I wonder if any other national team has to put up with supporters allowing club loyalties to get in the way. No Scotland player should be booed whoever they play for.

I retract that comment having read your next post!

Edited by Third Lanark

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Ryan jack playing really well just now... should be pushing for a stArting place 

He wasn’t even in the squad originally so I’m not sure how likely he is to start. 

I agree he has been playing well though. The head knock he took against Aberdeen spoiled the start of his season a wee bit but he’s back playing well again. 

41 minutes ago, Bino's said:

McGregor,

Souttar, Mulgrew, Tierney,

Paterson, Armstrong, McGinn, Robertson,

Forrest, Griffiths, McGregor

Fraser has got to start. Probably instead of Paterson, and then re-jig things a little.

Gordon

Tierney...Souttar...Mulgrew...Robertson

McGinn...Armstrong...McGregor

Forrest...Griffiths...Fraser 

23 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Fraser has got to start. Probably instead of Paterson, and then re-jig things a little.

Gordon

Tierney...Souttar...Mulgrew...Robertson

McGinn...Armstrong...McGregor

Forrest...Griffiths...Fraser 

I like that team. The old firm game could influence a few things and in particular the goalkeeper.