Team for forthcoming matches - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for forthcoming matches

Malcolm

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I missed Gibraltar’s goal as I went for a slash after our first goal and still haven’t seen it. 

Heard it was a cracker of a strike though. 

I could easily believe Hanley was to blame for it except for one tiny detail. He wasn’t playing. 

I don’t even think he was on the bench that day. 

It was still his fault though, for not being good enough or fit enough to get in the team.:lol:

It's funny how some players get slagged off no matter what. When we got humped in Oslo one guy was cursing and swearing at Paul Hartley every time he gave the ball away. His mate let him go on about it for 15 minutes or so then politely told him "Hartley's no playing ya daft cunt". To which the reply was "Jist shows you how pish he is then, if he cannae get a game in front of this bunch o useless fukers"

It's hard to argue against logic like that.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It was still his fault though, for not being good enough or fit enough to get in the team.:lol:

It's funny how some players get slagged off no matter what. When we got humped in Oslo one guy was cursing and swearing at Paul Hartley every time he gave the ball away. His mate let him go on about it for 15 minutes or so then politely told him "Hartley's no playing ya daft cunt". To which the reply was "Jist shows you how pish he is then, if he cannae get a game in front of this bunch o useless fukers"

Was it Jim Craig that got that from Jock Stein once?   He'd been relieved to be on the bench when all eleven got torn apart one by one by Stein at half time.   But then the big man came to him...

21 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Some of the pish that gets spouted at Hampden (and all football stadiums) is ridiculous. 

I used to hear Gary McAllister getting pelters (even before 96) for being shite. 

James Forrest gets some amount of abuse as well, even when he has a decent game for us. No doubt somebody will jump on this and say he’s never had a decent game for Scotland but he has. He’s never really done anything spectacular and definitely doesn’t always reproduce his club form at international level but he’s not as bad as some people make out.

On 8/25/2018 at 8:54 PM, Malcolm said:

Craig levein is doing the right thing... he is pushing to make his player an i international.  Frankly it would be embarrassing beyond belief if Souttar ended up playing door Australia ahead of us.

Souttar will be named in the senior squad tomorrow apparently. 

My only slight disagreement was Kevin McDonald, thought he was awful in the Costa Rica game, I'd have like to have seen Ryan Jack in the squad. Suspect if McArthur was available, he'd have been ahead of McDonald.

Bar that, very happy with the squad.

Glad Scott McTominay hasn't had his head turned by English advances, unlike what Declan Rice has had after playing for Ireland.

Mulgrew, Souttar, Hendry the only centre backs. Surprised no Hanley. And does this mean we won’t be playing a back 3? Or does it mean Tierney is being treated as a centre back? 

No jack either. Could have covered for O’Donnell at right back and would be the only true defensive midfielder in the squad playing regularly. 

Don’t mind Ritchie, Snodgrass, D Fletcher, S Fletcher, Bannan, Morrison and Rhodes missing out. This squad will have to build its own experience and leaders though. 

3 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Is Liam Lindsay injured? Thought he'd have made the squad at least 

Talk QPR have their eye on him for the next transfer window, but playing in League One not going to help him much at the moment.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not missed a minute for  Barnsley team that hadn't let a goal in until last weekend. 

Surprised at least one more central defender wasn't included.

Just now, Scotland Ever More said:

When Jack Hendry is one of the other few options then turning our noses up at league one might not be the best idea.

Being honest, I look at the squad and just says to me Eck has a eye on moving Tierney into a more central role, as squad does look VERY weak on the central defender front.

What about up front McBurnie !!!!!!! We were worried about the defence now up front is as bad. Griffiths has lost his touch and the alternative is errrrr Mc Burnie.