Allan McGregor - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allan McGregor

er yir macaroon

There is nothing between McGregor and Gordon at the moment and throughout their careers there's not been much. If we had a settled back four in front I'd be less inclined to change the keeper but I wouldn't have any problem with McGregor as no.1 😀

Both decent keepers, but lets move on from the McGregor incident as he is now back in the frame. Scott Brown retired from international football yet got to come back when he pleased. Non of them are hanging offences, at the end of the day we want the best 11 players on the pitch whenever possible.

18 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Both decent keepers, but lets move on from the McGregor incident as he is now back in the frame. Scott Brown retired from international football yet got to come back when he pleased. Non of them are hanging offences, at the end of the day we want the best 11 players on the pitch whenever possible.

Not really comparable incidents though really, are they?

Anyway, misdemeanours aside, play the better keeper, which seems to be McGregor at this moment in time.

14 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Not really comparable incidents though really, are they?

Anyway, misdemeanours aside, play the better keeper, which seems to be McGregor at this moment in time.

Never said they were comparable, we have two decent keepers so don't really get the debate as Mcleish will no doubt use both in the next few games along with anyone else that deserves a chance.

Felt McGregor was a certain to start this campaign as No1 keeper based on his early season form, yet last week as made me slide more to Gordon starting.

Think McGregor will start, or at least see 45 minutes of action, against Belgium, but Gordon will be in goals for the Albania match.

9 hours ago, wanderer said:

Felt McGregor was a certain to start this campaign as No1 keeper based on his early season form, yet last week as made me slide more to Gordon starting.

Think McGregor will start, or at least see 45 minutes of action, against Belgium, but Gordon will be in goals for the Albania match.

It’s a hard decision for McLeish for sure but it’s a good thing we’ve got 2 very good keepers to choose from. 

Neither of them are perfect obviously but I would say McGregor just edges it for me. 

I wouldn’t look too much into what went on in an Old Firm game. There’s always stuff that goes on in these games. It doesn’t mean McGregor is going to get sent off against Albania. 

The only thing about McGregor that doesn’t fill me with confidence is his kicking. He’s been giving possession up to easily by kicking the ball out far to regularly for me.