Allan McGregor - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allan McGregor

er yir macaroon

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

One big performance and we’ve got a call for Gordon to handover the number one jersey to McGregor 😂😂

Wow just wow

I’d point to Gordon’s numerous poor performances for Scotland.

i think replacing him with someone is a good idea & wouldn’t weaken us. 

McLaughlin was the stand out keeper in the SPL last year.

This year in SPL/Europe thus far it looks to be Lewis, Bogdan and McGregor.

6 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Ok, I'll bite.

Please identify Gordon's numerous poor performances for Scotland.

9 hours ago, ProudScot said:

McGregor being a stand out Keeper only points to the fact Rangers are shite and he has to earn his keep so to speak 

Gordon used to be the superior keeper but recently he doesn't fill you with the same confidence as he once did. Let's be honest Gordon at one time was one of the best young keepers in Europe. He has done amazing to come back from his injury troubles and to play at the standard he has, he has had a few moments in recent season which has seen our confidence in him drop slightly but he and McGregor are both very much neck and neck for the starting spot now, happy enough with either tbh as both are capable of making big saves at big moments in games

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Ok, I'll bite.

Please identify Gordon's numerous poor performances for Scotland.

Most of the last campaign. Also calls off for a high number of friendlies. He’s also 37 soon.

Not saying McGregor is the answer but someone else has to be.

Finally the ridiculous belief that if you start for Celtic you have to start for Scotland is being challenged at least. 

30 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Most of the last campaign. Also calls off for a high number of friendlies. He’s also 37 soon.

Not saying McGregor is the answer but someone else has to be.

Finally the ridiculous belief that if you start for Celtic you have to start for Scotland is being challenged at least. 

Your response hasn't pinpointed any poor performances by Craig Gordon for Scotland though.

I think Gordon has got a bit too casual over his time at Celtic but he's still a good standard of goalie. 

McGregor is also a decent so it will be good to see how they compare in the SPL over the coming weeks and months. I wouldn't go changing on a whim without seeing McGregor over a sustained period.

One thing for sure is that it's far from our problem position despite them perhaps not being at the same level they were 5-10 years ago. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Sorry I thought I said most of the last campaign.

Most of the last campaign. 

You haven't been able to support your assertion that Gordon has had numerous poor performances for Scotland with definitive examples.

I'll leave it at that.

20 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You haven't been able to support your assertion that Gordon has had numerous poor performances for Scotland with definitive examples.

I'll leave it at that.

Okay we can just leave it at most of the last campaign, cheers. 

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I'll leave it at that.

Poor is strong word to use but he was suspect at england equaliser but so was half the team. I don't have the confidence I once had in Gordon but one great performance from MCGregor does not mean he is the clear number one as the OP says.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Poor is strong word to use but he was suspect at england equaliser but so was half the team. I don't have the confidence I once had in Gordon but one great performance from MCGregor does not mean he is the clear number one as the OP says.

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

One big performance and we’ve got a call for Gordon to handover the number one jersey to McGregor 😂😂

Wow just wow

McGregor has been outstanding in every game this season, not just last night. 

15 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

McGregor has been outstanding in every game this season, not just last night. 

Outstanding is not the word I would use when i have watched highlights or full length matches. He's been good but not outstanding.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I don't think using possibly the best goalkeeper of all time as an example of how goalies can play into their forties, Rab Douglas would be a better comparison

He wis nae Jocky Burridge.