Scotland Retro gear - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Retro gear

wanderer

34 minutes ago, drew said:

I was hoping someone would do the Euro 92 home and away top.

The home one is available in a large on Ebay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UMBRO-RETRO-JERSEY-SHIRT-SCOTLAND-THE-SCOTTISH-FOOTBALL-ASSOCIATION-L-SIZE/153190978020?hash=item23aae4d1e4:g:WlcAAOSwyYFaMuFa

Edited by Ormond

Am sure John Lewis sold these  few years ago. I get the appeal of the 80s ones and down, sort of minimalist retro vibe but am not having the 90s ones, probably cause they are without the Umbro badge. Look like some fake effort you'd get in Spain or turkey or some where like that, no dis-respect.

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

I see in the images they don’t have Umbro on them.

These are not produced by Umbro, so unless they pay a fee to put their logo on it, they can only produce the shirt without the kit makers logo.

hopefully some tracksuit tops follow soon (only one I would like from the 90’s was the blue and white hooped one from Italia 90) and fingers crossed for the Italia 90 away kit to make an appearance soon.

50 minutes ago, wanderer said:

These are not produced by Umbro, so unless they pay a fee to put their logo on it, they can only produce the shirt without the kit makers logo.

hopefully some tracksuit tops follow soon (only one I would like from the 90’s was the blue and white hooped one from Italia 90) and fingers crossed for the Italia 90 away kit to make an appearance soon.

I’ve seen the 90 trackie top a few times on eBay recently. I’d love the silver 86 one. 

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, wanderer said:

Tottenham seem to be the only club that produce all their retro shirts with the original manufacturer's logo on.  Admiral, Hummel and Umbro, even though they're currently with Nike.

Pretty sure Score Draw did the 86 Away shirt a few years ago so hope to see that available soon.  The 80's red away wouldn't go amiss either.

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, Rab The Crab said:

They’ve since added the 96 Tartan top and the rest of the range will be out on Friday.

I grew up in that era, back then I didn't really appreciate how good the 94/96 top was.

I actually kinda like it now. The badge is strange, though.

Edited by Chripper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently stumbled across this fine piece and without knowing much about it felt I had to buy it. 

Looks like late 90s (98-00?) but I can't find any evidence online to back that up. 

Anyone have any idea of when it's from or if it was ever worn by the players?

Screenshot_20201122-185348__01.jpg

31 minutes ago, Nazza06 said:

I recently stumbled across this fine piece and without knowing much about it felt I had to buy it. 

Looks like late 90s (98-00?) but I can't find any evidence online to back that up. 

Anyone have any idea of when it's from or if it was ever worn by the players?

Screenshot_20201122-185348__01.jpg

1998-1999'ish.

I am sure it was part of a tracksuit that the team would travel in, also recall Craig Brown would wear it a lot on the touchline.