Scotland's UEFA coefficient - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland's UEFA coefficient

11 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

CL money could be distriibuted evenly amongst the top league clubs?  That is what I would do as I agree with you VA.

European football needs to be completely overhauled. Competition and sporting integrity dont exist anymore, keeping the big guns at the top and maximising TV revenue is all that matters.

There is no appetite for change as the masses still flock to watch it on tv. 

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

European football needs to be completely overhauled. Competition and sporting integrity dont exist anymore, keeping the big guns at the top and maximising TV revenue is all that matters.

There is no appetite for change as the masses still flock to watch it on tv. 

I agree VA.  Problem is we are in the vast minority.  I was speaking to a pal this morning and you can compare it to Amazon in a way.  They take away from the smaller shops and I am as guilty as anyone as I buy books from them (including Slashers).  Capitalism rules European football and every Chairman is looking after their clubs own interest.  But there needs to be a way.  I am a Gers fan but pray for competition from the other clubs.  When Hibs beat us to win the Scottish Cup I watched it and at the final whistle was disappointed but then thought of my pals who had been following Hibs all their life.  And I had a big smile on my face.  Then of course the pitch battles took place, typical Scotland!

4 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Anyone know if there is any TV coverage of these games tonight?

Hesgoal or you tube usually show the games.  But I am going to buy the Rangers tv one to help the club.  I think it is about £0 so I will pay that today and watch it tonight.  Dont know about Celtic game.

51 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Anyone know if there is any TV coverage of these games tonight?

Don't know about the Celtic game but the Rangers game is only on RTV and is £14.99.  They've got Souness and Smith as studio pundits and McCoist on co-comms so a pretty staunch lineup! 

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

17/2 for Sarajevo and 1/4 on Celtic seems absolutely crazy. I think Celtic may well win, but I wouldn't be surprised if its a tight game or even goes to Extra Time. This side are better than FC Riga, and they too are undefeated this season!

Galatasaray at 15/4 to win is a similarly bonkers price.  I'd have them as favourites!

Ukraine have come from nowhere and will be difficult to catch, but if Celtic and rangers do ok in the group stage, 12th is doable this season.

At the moment, we start next season in 8th! 

I do agree that seeding is basically rigging the draw in plain sight. Ok, they have to determine how many teams enter and from where, but after they’ve done that, they should just stop seeding them. If, I dunno, Spurs draw AC Milan in the Europa league qualifier, so be it. However, “guaranteed” income streams attract investors, etc...

15 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Galatasaray at 15/4 to win is a similarly bonkers price.  I'd have them as favourites!

Apparenelt Galatasaray had a poor season last season, they only qualified for europe because another turkish club have been punished for financial doping.

Rangers had some impressive results in europe last season so i am not.surprised Galatasaray werent favourites.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, Stu101 said:

Rangers win tomorrow, then the winner of the league should go straight into the CL group stages.

In two years time; next season is set by the positions at the end of last season

37 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Mind that time Celtic beat AC Milan at Celtic Park and towards the end of the match a pished jakey ran onto the park, tapped the Milan goalie on the shoulder and he went down like he'd been shot. :lol:

That's right !! :lol: ten points for whoever remembers the keepers name.