2001 A Space Odyssey ? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2001 A Space Odyssey ?

11 minutes ago, Kimba said:

If you go back to the thread it was on, you will see you did not respond after I posted the evidence that the rapture is part of the mystery given to Paul and cannot be found in the gospels plus why you are not the bride.  Care to answer now?

19 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Doubt she was even on the bus.. 

She was definitely on the bus but has ended up accepting a 'gospel' where 'serving' and 'obedience' are 'works' (which of course they aren't).

'Salvation' is separate from serving and obedience but Kimba insists on mashing them all together.

Example... 

1. I have been saved by grace through faith. Ephesians 2:8 

2. God has asked those that He has saved by grace through faith (in Matthew 28:19) "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."

3. I do this locally, but have also done this through my church on 3 different continents. (Why? For God's glory because He asked me to.)

Now, Jude will say that I am trying to earn my salvation (which is impossible) and rejects the truth of me serving and obeying God because I am saved (by grace through faith) by saying that I do these things to get saved (which would be futile).

There isn't anything that I or anyone else can do that will ever be good enough to earn salvation.

In fact, I've had that in my 'signature' for years before she started down this 'right division' path (yet she still feels that she has to get through to me with something I've been preach long before she was a believer).

So why is that?

It's because she has confused 'how' and 'why'.

'How' I was saved is different as to 'why' I serve and obey.

Here's the sticking point... 

I maintain that if a person is truly saved then there should be some indication of them having the Holy Spirit in their heart as in 2 Corinthians 5:17.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

This is why Kimba bangs on like she does.

She feels that any indication of serving or obeying God is only because a person is trying to earn their salvation (which of course isn't true).

Conveniently, Kimba excuses herself from obeying and serving under the guise that that would be doing works.

She has 'works' salvation on the brain and labels folk with it whether it applies or not.

Kimba has awkwardly subscribed to the doctrine of a sect.

She is a 'right divisionist' while I remain a non-denominational Bible-believing Christian. 

Jude has become a splitter who is trying to make a competition out of it.

The enemy is pleased.

Edited by Scotty CTA

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

She was definitely on the bus but has ended up accepting a 'gospel' where 'serving' and 'obedience' are 'works' (which of course they aren't).

'Salvation' is separate from serving and obedience but Kimba insists on mashing them all together.

Example... 

1. I have been saved by grace through faith. Ephesians 2:8 

2. God has asked those that He has saved by grace through faith (in Matthew 28:19) "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."

3. I do this locally, but have also done this through my church on 3 different continents. (Why? For God's glory because He asked me to.)

Now, Jude will say that I am trying to earn my salvation (which is impossible) and rejects the truth of me serving and obeying God because I am saved (by grace through faith) by saying that I do these things to get saved (which would be futile).

There isn't anything that I or anyone else can do that will ever be good enough to earn salvation.

In fact, I've had that in my 'signature' for years before she started down this 'right division' path (yet she still feels that she has to get through to me with something I've been preach long before she was a believer).

So why is that?

It's because she has confused 'how' and 'why'.

'How' I was saved is different as to 'why' I serve and obey.

I maintain that if a person is truly saved then there should be some indication of them having the Holy Spirit in their heart as in 2 Corinthians 5:17.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

She feels that any indication of serving or obeying God is only because a person is trying to earn their salvation (which of course isn't true).

Conveniently, Kimba excuses herself from obeying and serving under the guise that that would be doing works.

She has 'works' salvation on the brain and labels folk with it whether it applies or not.

Tell me Scotty....what is it about the gospel in my signature that you don't agree with?   The gospel that was given to the Apostle Paul by the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you're not trying to earn your salvation why do you say to someone who goes outside church doctrine that they "were never really saved at all" ?

Btw, I already addressed this in all my previous posts.  It is YOU who is in opposition to God's Authority of His Word.

5 hours ago, Kimba said:

No answer on this it appears.   Because you can't answer that is why .... and  you Ignore the mystery doctrine given to Paul BY The Lord Jesus Christ so you can carry on in your traditions of men.  

1 Cor 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Galatians 1:11-12 

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 3:

Ephesians 3 King James Version (KJV)

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Romans 16:

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

It's not me you're disagreeing with Scotty, it's God and His Word.  

Edited by Kimba

You are the least important person in my life.

You are last on my list of things to do.

Since you haven't answered the questions that I asked first, I'll just get to it when I get to it.

Showing your true colours now with this response.

What questions did i not answer ?   I answered why you're not a sheep or the bride. You can't answer me.

Edited by Kimba

If  you admit that you can't be righteous in yourself  i.e. you're a sinner, then when you trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as atonement for your sins, God can then impart His righteousness to you because you believed the truth and you are then sealed and saved forever.  Which means that all things are lawful for you (1 Corinthians 10:23).  This means that you can do whatever you want to do after you are saved, and you still have eternal life.

In practice, it is very rare to find a church that will teach this.  Granted, Baptists and non-denominationalists say that they believe in eternal security, but, if you commit adultery, smoke, drink, or murder someone, they would say that you were never saved in the first place (Scotty!!!!) because a "Christian would never do those things".  In other words, over 99% of Christian churches, including those that proclaim on their doctrinal statement that eternal security is true, believe you must work to maintain your salvation.  The difference among the denominations is how much you can get away with before they label you as "not saved" or "backslidden".   

Therefore, even churches that teach eternal security do not really believe it, because they will say that someone is not saved if he "keeps sinning".  Their rational is that God has changed us so that we no longer have the desire to sin after we are saved.  All saved people know this is not true, because, to our flesh, sin is just as much of a temptation after we're saved as before we're saved, as Paul will point out in chapter 7 of Romans.  Paul also says that a saved person still has a "vile body" (Philippians 3:21), even after he is saved.  This means that a saved person has the same ability to sin after he is saved than before he was saved.  Granted, a saved person can walk in the Spirit, but he can also, just as easily fulfill the lusts of his flesh.

Fact is, when you get saved, you are a "new creature" but it's not on the outside appearance, as religious people want it to be - it's internally - your soul and spirit - "inner man" - and your new inner man CANNOT sin and you can never, ever, ever, ever lose your salvation.  Good news, Good news all the way!

I hope this helps.

Scotty thinks obedience is church attendance, adherence to the church doctrines, volunteering in a hospital to "prove" he is saved (proof of salvation is in the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, NOT in works of the flesh which anyone can do), listening to "christian" music and waving your arms about at church instead of Bible study and sound doctirine.  What it is is  A Fair Shew in The Flesh -  CARNAL.

Edited by Kimba

No, that's just what your 'right division' videos tell you.

I actually go to Bible study and my faith is based on the Holy Bible.

I've never once said 'proof'.

If your life has been really changed by the Holy Spirit then I believe that there should be some evidence of that.

(If you want to say that God truly coming into a person's heart has no effect on them then I'd be interested to hear your reasons.)

59 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Tell me Scotty....what is it about the gospel in my signature that you don't agree with?   The gospel that was given to the Apostle Paul by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nothing. 

(Once again you make issues where there aren't any.)

1 hour ago, Kimba said:

If you're not trying to earn your salvation why do you say to someone who goes outside church doctrine that they "were never really saved at all" ?

Nope. Never said that.

What I believe is that someone can claim to be saved (thinking that they are on their way to heaven) and that might not necessarily be so.

(You must realise that not everyone who claims to be saved actually is.)

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

WTF has all of this to do with 2001: Space Odyssey??

Apologies.

I've posted on the OP a couple of times but Kimba insists on chasing me around the board oblivious to the fact that she is turning folk off of what she wants to turn them on to.

29 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, that's just what your 'right division' videos tell you.

I actually go to Bible study and my faith is based on the Holy Bible.

I've never once said 'proof'.

If your life has been really changed by the Holy Spirit then I believe that there should be some evidence of that.

(If you want to say that God truly coming into a person's heart has no effect on them then I'd be interested to hear your reasons.)

I just quoted scriptures that you ignored completely.

Israel has been 'cast away' for the time being ( Romans 9-11) until then the doctrine to adhere to is the revelation of the mystery given to Paul.  You and other religious people don't like it because you can't get around the fact that salvation is entirely a free gift devoid whatsoever of any works.  It's the offense of the cross.  Again it's not me you're disagreeing with, it's God's Word.

My evidence for God working through me is that I trusted in the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as atonement for my sins.  I was then given the Holy Spirit to show me the deeper things of God and to get the sound doctrine into my inner new man.

What you are saying is that your 'god/jesus' only saves people once they prove they're 'good enough' Lol!!  God says there is NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO NOT ONE.  The problem with religious folk, is they believe if they stop doing what they think are the 'bad things' and start doing what they perceive to be the 'good things' then that "proves" they are saved - it's all filthy rag works of the flesh - NONE of which will be justified in HIS SIGHT.   All it has done is puff them up with pride to think it's something they're doing, trusting in themselves and instead of what God says.   God SAYS HE SEALED ME WHEN I BELIEVED THE GOSPEL.  I BELIEVE HIM.  GOD WHO CANNOT LIE.

24 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's difficult when she's presenting herself as a Christian that no one would want to meet or be like.

Again, it is you who is showing your true colours.   After all that pretense of being holier than thou as well.  All you can do is falsely accuse me.  Shame on you.

35 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Nothing. 

(Once again you make issues where there aren't any.)

Nope. Never said that.

What I believe is that someone can claim to be saved (thinking that they are on their way to heaven) and that might not necessarily be so.

(You must realise that not everyone who claims to be saved actually is.)

If they believe the gospel of grace they are saved - they trusted what God said.  You on the other hand don't trust Him and His Word.

42 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's difficult when she's presenting herself as a Christian that no one would want to meet or be like.

All you've done in this thread (by the way it was you that made the first comment about me, Im defending myself here) is show to others you aren't who you pretend to be Scotty - nasty at that.  That is religious Christianty though, a fair show in the flesh - pretending to be something they're not.  I meet lots of people, and I keep it real, and because of that they are more likely to receive the true gospel and not the false works orientated one that you present that will not save anyone, yourself included.   Best get saved before the catching away.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:02 PM, glasgow jock said:

Okay - Just watched this movie for the first time - I understand the beginning, basically the dawn of man adapting to our environment and finding bones & stone to use as tools / weapons, the said early humans (ape like) wake up one morning and find this monolith standing in front of them - the film jumps forward to present day and the space age, then the film goes weird (totally weird) now I understand the movie was made in the late 60's - but could someone try explain in pretty simple terms the story / meaning to this bizzare movie ??

Thanks in advance :lol:

Glasgow Jock sir, YOU ARE A TROLL and should be banned immediately :P   Kidding of course.   I, myself was thinking of starting a thread on Isaac Newton, but what chance have ye got? :whistling:

FFS Scotland.   Home of The Enlightenment, but look at us now.   (Acht, probably they were mostly masons.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Enlightenment#Key_figures  :cry:)