2001 A Space Odyssey ? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2001 A Space Odyssey ?

15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

How many videos of this weirdo in the motor has Kimba posted now ?

Imagine hanging on every word of a guy in a car on a subject that cannot be proved or disproved

Interesting fact. That motor he is driving doesn't use any fuel. It's powered solely by his love for Jesus.

Edited by Eisegerwind

On 8/16/2018 at 3:11 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Not someone I would have hand-picked.

She's gone past the bus stop where she should have got off.

Hopefully you can see the difference between someone living a Christian life in the real world and someone who subscribes 100% to a worldview they found (and remain) on the internet.

To be fair I think the internet is the way forward. Although  there is something to be said for a physical shop, sorry church. With physical presence you can always go back if you have a complaint, you know "I bought this Bible and it appears to be full of a load of old bollocks, can I get my money back"

2001 ASpace Odyssey deffo a masonic plot.

Edited by Eisegerwind

4 hours ago, Maddog said:

I have it on good authority that the spammer kimba has been banned :spin:   happy days  :spin:

That would be harsh. I am still awaiting an answer on wolves!

I could do without the car videos though.

2 hours ago, Maddog said:

?  Lighten up - that was just a joke.  She said it didn't show she was banned and wanted people to know why she isn't posting anymore, so I said I'd pass it on.  That's all, not intending sticking around as it's a pretty boring forum these days.

3 hours ago, Maddog said:

?  Lighten up - that was just a joke.  She said it didn't show she was banned and wanted people to know why she isn't posting anymore, so I said I'd pass it on.  

Is the ban an eternal punishment or is it just a sin bin? Eternal punishment would seem harsh. 

8 hours ago, Maddog said:

?  Lighten up - that was just a joke.  

I missed the 'humour'.

She said it didn't show she was banned and wanted people to know why she isn't posting anymore...

Yes, bans used to show over the person's username.

...so I said I'd pass it on. 

You've done more than that.

5 hours ago, exile said:

Eternal punishment would seem harsh. 

I've come to the conclusion that it's for the best.

16 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Permanent.  Says she said everything she needs to say anyway...

Yet, you have picked up the mantle.

13 minutes ago, Maddog said:

You’re a bit nasty aren’t you?  

Got a problem as she was exposing your false religion. 

Are those YOUR words, Ally?

2001 is a great film, though, isn't it? I saw it once in 70 mm in the cinema over 20 years ago and it was extraordinary as an audiovisual experience. 

Most of the "explanations" of what is supposed to be going on in it come from Arthur C Clarke, who co-wrote it and wrote the parallel novel. I was a Clarke obsessive in the 80s - as a reader - but I've always been wary of his take on it. Ultimately, Kubrick was the film-maker and wanted people to have a much more mysterious reaction to it than the hyper-logical and analytical Clarke. Kubrick told Michael Herr that he came up with the idea of the Star Child at the end, but could not explain what it meant to him, other than being a truly astonishing, powerful image that moved him, for instance.

9 hours ago, Maddog said:

Permanent.  Says she said everything she needs to say anyway and people will have to look for themselves.  I’m sure she could join again one day, but from what I see it looks like she was just annoying you all, so no worries.

I dunno,she was growing on me. A complete mentalist with a bit of a nasty  streak,true, but all that right dividing stuff getting Scottys pants in a fankle had me pissing myself.

19 hours ago, Maddog said:

Permanent.  Says she said everything she needs to say anyway and people will have to look for themselves.  I’m sure she could join again one day, but from what I see it looks like she was just annoying you all, so no worries.

Surely not that annoying. There are many more concerning things in life than a few posts of a guy in a car to be annoyed by. Even on here, it seems there is regularly worse behaviour that does not seem to be acted on, so it seems unfair to single out someone this way. Almost anyone saying anything passionate or opinionated is likely to annoy someone sooner or later. Wouldn't want anyone to feel 'hounded' out 🐺

Edited by exile