The End of Subscription Sport's TV? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The End of Subscription Sport's TV?

Bit of a killer for my Sunday night viewing.

Was considering signing up for the £50 as not terrible value for the Spanish and Italian football plus whatever other sports they pick up.

Eleven sports doesn't appear to be available as an App on BT box or fire stick, and if I’m going to watch it on a phone or tablet, seems a waste of money.to pay a subscription.

Anybody signed up? If so, how are you watching it?

On 8/20/2018 at 12:00 PM, Mazziessc said:

Honestly believe IPTV is the way forward. I use it, have done for many months. Saves me an absolute fortune. 8300 live channels 8000+ movies and box sets for £65 a year or pay sky £100 a month? No brainier really. 

Another top money saving tips is to just walk out of clothes shops without paying for them.

22 minutes ago, Mee said:

Another top money saving tips is to just walk out of clothes shops without paying for them.

That would be stealing, for what I see MAZZIESSC is paying for a service, you may not agree with the price but I reckon he is getting a bargain.  He also has to pay for his Broadband also, wheres the issue? Is it because we all have to pander to Sly or Vermin medias prices to see a football match. This will hopefully put an end to the mental transfer prices we are seeing.  Everyone should get IPTV

8 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

That would be stealing, for what I see MAZZIESSC is paying for a service, you may not agree with the price but I reckon he is getting a bargain.  He also has to pay for his Broadband also, wheres the issue? Is it because we all have to pander to Sly or Vermin medias prices to see a football match. This will hopefully put an end to the mental transfer prices we are seeing.  Everyone should get IPTV

This is stealing too. He is paying someone who doesn't own what they are selling. Maybe a better analogy is buying a jacket for a fiver from a dodgy character in the pub. 

Not a penny of that cash will be going to the people who make the programmes, movies and sports. 

If you don't have an issue with stealing then that's fine but you can't pretend this is anything but that

1 hour ago, Mee said:

This is stealing too. He is paying someone who doesn't own what they are selling. Maybe a better analogy is buying a jacket for a fiver from a dodgy character in the pub. 

Not a penny of that cash will be going to the people who make the programmes, movies and sports. 

If you don't have an issue with stealing then that's fine but you can't pretend this is anything but that

Anyone not on IPTV who pay’s these TV companies for their “service” are the ones being stolen from. It’s a rip off, once you’ve seen what’s available elsewhere you’ll understand. Why do you think said companies try so hard to put a stop to it? Not because they are being stolen from, but because they control so much of the market and fear losing some. Like Cello says, were just expected to pander to them.

Your “stealing” ideology is nonsense.

I’d rather pay £65 per year than about that per month for sports/movies. The only problem I have is I need to pay said company for Broadband.

Btw anyone funding these shysters dare not complain about the gap between Scottish/English leagues. YOU are part of the problem.

16 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Anyone not on IPTV who pay’s these TV companies for their “service” are the ones being stolen from. It’s a rip off, once you’ve seen what’s available elsewhere you’ll understand. Why do you think said companies try so hard to put a stop to it? Not because they are being stolen from, but because they control so much of the market and fear losing some. Like Cello says, were just expected to pander to them.

I’d rather pay £65 per year than about that per month for sports/movies. The only problem I have is I need to pay said company for Broadband.

Btw anyone funding these shysters dare not complain about the gap between Scottish/English leagues. YOU are part of the problem.

I'd rather pay a fiver for a pair of Levi's but unfortunately that's not what Levi's cost.  Having IPTV or Kodi or any of these services IS stealing, there's no 2 ways about it.  And I say that as someone who has previously had a Kodi box!

39 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

It's not nonsense in the slightest. It physically is stealing. There's no 2 ways about it :lol: That's coming from somebody who uses the service.

You're not some freedom fighter sticking it to the rising prices and leading a revolution against Sky. Like me, you're probably just somebody who doesn't want to pay it.

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd rather pay a fiver for a pair of Levi's but unfortunately that's not what Levi's cost.  Having IPTV or Kodi or any of these services IS stealing, there's no 2 ways about it.  And I say that as someone who has previously had a Kodi box!

Levis are soooooo 1990’s

Better with a nice fitting pair of diesel imo