Nations League - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nations League

exile

23 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I have no idea how UEFA are going to do this, they are 4 different potential outcomes currently, but any of us 4 teams could qualify automatically so there are dozens more possibilities.

If we are in the top 2 of our proper group, then our play of goes to Israel who would then become 4th seeds.  

How does it go to Israel? They only finished on 6 pts in the end. Bulgaria have 7 pts. If Norway or Serbia qualify automatically Finland move up to 3rd seeds and and we play Bulgaria.......

36 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

How far apart are the semis and final? Surely they are in two separate international breaks

Are they really expecting fans to be able to book flights 3 days before the final

The semi finals for all 4 Leagues are played Thursday 26 - Saturday 28th March 2020. The finals are played Sunday 29th March - Tuesday 31st March 2020.

34 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Not so. The final will be a draw I think tomorrow, not sure if it will be made public or wait until the semi's are done.  Not knowing if you made it to the final then scrambling for tickets and acomadation for a few days notice is going to be rough. 

The draw for which semi-final winner will host the final is held on 22nd November 2019, 4 months before the games. This is because the Euro 2020 qualifying ends on 19th November 2019 so they will then know who is in the play offs and who is automatically qualified.

32 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

They're both in the same break. Apparently, there's some draw to determine the final venue - so we should know where we could be playing in advance, at least.

As above the draw is on 22nd November to determine which semi-final winner hosts. As ting stand right now it would be either Scotland/Finland or Norway/Serbia. Clearly that draw is massively important for our chances of winning.

43 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

How far apart are the semis and final? Surely they are in two separate international breaks

Are they really expecting fans to be able to book flights 3 days before the final

It's almost like UEFA don't care about the people who attend games.

Next they'll introduce something called the week of football and give us loads of midweek matches so they can televise them....

2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It's almost like UEFA don't care about the people who attend games.

Next they'll introduce something called the week of football and give us loads of midweek matches so they can televise them....

Will also be complicated ticket wise as if for example we get drawn the home final they would presumably have to sell tickets in advance despite not knowing if we are going to win the semi-final!!! Game on if we win but refunds all around if we lose......

2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Will also be complicated ticket wise as if for example we get drawn the home final they would presumably have to sell tickets in advance despite not knowing if we are going to win the semi-final!!! Game on if we win but refunds all around if we lose......

£50 for the semi final with a free final ticket to be used if we win. If not, then a David Guetta CD to be collected at the museum instead 😁

The four best teams in League C according to the overall ranking that have not qualified for UEFA Euro 2020 through the qualifying group stage will compete in the play-offs, with the winners qualifying for the final tournament. If there are fewer than four teams in League C that have not qualified, the remaining slots are allocated to teams from another league, according to the overall ranking. 

I think I misread this earlier, when I read league, I understood it as our mini league rather than the Group C league.

10 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Now that we've made it, I quite like the concept of the playoffs being after the qualifiers. We'll play with a little less pressure on us during those games, rather than 'oh we fucked up the nation's league knockouts, we better get out of this group'

The playoffs have always been after the qualifiers so this is not a new concept.

Having the playoffs before the qualifiers would be impossible. 

It will be good going into the qualifiers safe in the knowledge that even if we royally fuck things up (or if we get a very tough group) we are in the playoffs at least. It will be quite strange I think. As I’ve said elsewhere, hopefully the players can play with a freedom that will allow them to perform at their best and we might not actually need the playoffs at all. 

Two things...

There is a slight chance that we could play Israel again, if two of Norway, Serbia, Finland & Bulgaria qualify outright.

Also, what would our preference be between Finland, or next in line Bulgaria, if one of the teams in our playoffs qualifies outright? Not sure I'd want to swap Finland for Bulgaria.

7 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Two things...

There is a slight chance that we could play Israel again, if two of Norway, Serbia, Finland & Bulgaria qualify outright.

Also, what would our preference be between Finland, or next in line Bulgaria, if one of the teams in our playoffs qualifies outright? Not sure I'd want to swap Finland for Bulgaria.

I’m not really fussed as I am confident we’ll win the first playoff as it’s at Hampden. 

I am more worried about the possibility of traveling to Serbia or Norway if we do beat Finland (or whoever we play). Hopefully we win the coin toss and play both playoffs at Hampden. Or better yet, hopefully we qualify directly and UEFA can stick their playoffs right up their back fanny. 

12 hours ago, magicTs said:

Sounds like a bit of a challenge for the normally super, slick, SFA ticketing operation.:lol:

Maybe by that time they will have invested in some computers and, more importantly, some folk who know how to use them?