Tickets - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

Ormond

£25 (£30 public sale) for a seat in the West Stand for Belgium and Portugal. I'm sure we've paid a lot more than that for qualifiers and a glamour friendly against England. At least the price is coming down

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye shock horror, a game where you need to pay a premium as an appearance fee costs more than a game that doesn't!

Could be wrong, but I do not think we have to pay an appearance fee under regular friendly rules, as technically UEFA are making us play this match as part of the week of football, as there only was 5 teams to choose from, and the SFA got the best two for the match (plus Ronaldo will be in the Portugal squad anyway, as they will have a qualifier also)

21 minutes ago, drew said:

Probably plays a big part in the price increase.

Was there not an issue with the SFA not making a profit out of the Argentina game a couple of years ago. With the fee they had to pay Argentina they needed close to a full house to make it worthwhile.

Gordon Smith wanted a series of glamour friendlies at Hampden (Brazil was talked about as the follow up match) and Argentina was viewed as a prize catch as it was going to be Maradona's debut (?) as Argentina manager.

Straight away Argentina ask for £1m appearance fee (and you do not even get Messi for that) and I think Smith wanted to keep prices low for the match in order to get a big crowd, but in order to break even it needed to be close to a sell out.

Think SFA just broke even on that one, but all plans for big games at Hampden were binned the next day.

Good prices for the Nations League games, so fair credit for that.

I won't bother with the friendlies as they are friendly matches that involve spending plenty on travel, food etc. Even if I stayed round Glasgow, I likely wouldn't bother paying that for a friendly.

15 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

You cunts? What a charming fellow. 

It’s only 80 notes if you’re a member of the supporters club and sit in the cheap seats.  

Non-members will be paying over a ton. 

Don't take it personally. We are all cunts in one way or another. Just a figure of speech where I come from.

8 hours ago, drew said:

£25 (£30 public sale) for a seat in the West Stand for Belgium and Portugal. I'm sure we've paid a lot more than that for qualifiers and a glamour friendly against England. At least the price is coming down

£30 is too much for a friendly in my opinion.

I’ve still to decide if I’ll go to the friendlies. I probably will as I’ll be paying £80 for the 4 games so it’s not too bad but meaningless friendlies should be £20 at the most. 

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I think Portugal & Belgium are a more attractive opposition than say England & people were paying up to £60 for that game at Celtic Park.

The SFA will want bigger crowds at the competitive games surely hence the lower prices with regard to the opposition.

Not even close. Are you drunk? It does not get any bigger than Scotland v England. 

36 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Sorry but paying £60 to watch an England friendly is not value for money. :worried:

Nowhere dif I say it was. I said no other team is bigger to play than England for us.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Nowhere dif I say it was. I said no other team is bigger to play than England for us.

I didn't say the Portugal & Belgium games were bigger than playing England. They are just more attractive games in terms of prices in relation to playing say a very overrated average England team.

16 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I didn't say the Portugal & Belgium games were bigger than playing England. They are just more attractive games in terms of prices in relation to playing say a very overrated average England team.

I see your point, fair enough.

18 hours ago, 1ANDYP said:

£20 is decent for killie compared to what others charge. Are away fans paying 20 quid. Ffs it's 14 to watch clyde. So I think even at 25 each game is ok

It's £20 for both sets of fans as it's a cup game.

League games are £22 (£20 in family stand).

Think Old Firm's are £26.

Seems to be problems across the whole board.

If you use Chrome is apparently works better, but still as slow as a week in the jail, as timed out first time for me, then took about 35 minutes to get all 4 tickets into my basket, then when I went to pay it went to a terms and conditions pop up, which when I hit the accept button, took me back to the first page to buy tickets rather than a confirmation page, yet confirmation email popped up instantly to say order went through.

A lot of people complaining that discount not taken off (I had no issue with this) and others saying they are not getting their free Belgium ticket.

Just spent over two and a half hours trying to get  3 tickets for the 4 games what a nightmare why did they have an option for the 4 games separate.keep telling not allowed tickets for certain matches then if i tried 

to starting again it would pick another game ,shambles.

Struggled to get tickets bought for the four games, and was only buying two per game.  Had wanted an extra two for Albania ( For Non Members ) but can't get these at this moment, then when you can they will have to be in a different section, thought members might have been able to buy a couple of extras for these low attendance matches.

Edited by Stockholm 1980