Tickets - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

Ormond

5 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Really? Fair enough. They made me pay full price for Canada

You might be talking about different discounts here. He is talking about the £10 discount if you buy the four ticket package. That is still available to members at present. 

Still waiting for my tickets to arrive. I’m travelling up from East Anglia on Thursday so if they don’t arrive tomorrow I’m screwed. Phoned the SSC and they told me to call back if I don’t receive them in time. 

Bit of a joke not to have them so close to the first match.

12 hours ago, Leg-End said:

Still waiting for my tickets to arrive. I’m travelling up from East Anglia on Thursday so if they don’t arrive tomorrow I’m screwed. Phoned the SSC and they told me to call back if I don’t receive them in time. 

Bit of a joke not to have them so close to the first match.

Especially given there's been next to fuck all tickets sold.

I bought mine for Albania game on Monday afternoon, paid £2 or whatever for the postage and they arrived yesterday - good service for me, but doesn't seem right that others are still waiting having bought the package ages ago.. 

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ticket sales look pish for both games!

I think these weeknight games are killing us. I used to travel up for all the games when they were on the weekends. I know Friday night is fun for people in the central belt, but it makes it tough for anyone coming from further afield. Monday night? That's just out of the question I'm afraid.

18 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I think these weeknight games are killing us. I used to travel up for all the games when they were on the weekends. I know Friday night is fun for people in the central belt, but it makes it tough for anyone coming from further afield. Monday night? That's just out of the question I'm afraid.

Yeah I don't like the "week of football" idea. It was supposed to allow fans to watch more games. That only really benefits people who watch games on tv but screws over people who actually go to games.

Re the central belt comment I would go furhter and say it only really suits people in and around Glasgow. There are only 3 trains back to Falkrik/Edinburgh after the game (and to make the first of those 3 you have to be very efficient in getting back to the train station). These trains are usually rammed and on occasion have been full which meant people have to wait on the next one. The poor attendances for the next few games should mean this is less of an issue.

28 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Yeah I don't like the "week of football" idea. It was supposed to allow fans to watch more games. That only really benefits people who watch games on tv but screws over people who actually go to games.

Re the central belt comment I would go furhter and say it only really suits people in and around Glasgow. There are only 3 trains back to Falkrik/Edinburgh after the game (and to make the first of those 3 you have to be very efficient in getting back to the train station). These trains are usually rammed and on occasion have been full which meant people have to wait on the next one. The poor attendances for the next few games should mean this is less of an issue.

You're absolutely right. In fact, I even used to think it was a nightmare getting to/from Hampden from Drumchapel haha! One time I ended up walking home through the Clyde Tunnel. If you've never been through the pedestrian tunnel, keep it that way. 

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not ecstatic about paying £25 for the Albania game, but I’ll still go. Few mates not bothering, mainly due to the Monday night. 

Can’t see anymore than 25k

Crazy prices. Proves how out of touch the SFA is with the fans.

I could’ve had 4 tickets for the Wales v Ireland game tonight for £60. Belter of a game and, if you’re Welsh, a magnificent night’s entertainment. Much more enjoyable and entertaining for the Taffs than Monday will be for us I’m certain.

23 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not ecstatic about paying £25 for the Albania game, but I’ll still go. Few mates not bothering, mainly due to the Monday night. 

Can’t see anymore than 25k

Isn't £25 on average what you'd pay to watch an SPL match?

3 hours ago, stevenmcn said:

Isn't £25 on average what you'd pay to watch an SPL match?

These games are not SPL matches, though.

Nor are they concerts as some would have you believe as a reasonable comparison.

They are friendly football matches (despite the marketing by UEFA). 

People's imaginations are firmly underwhelmed by 30 notes and are keeping their wallets firmly in their pockets for a reason.

2 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Sportsound tonight mentioning around 16,000 sold for Albania on Monday. Deary me

The SFA would probably be better giving a lot of tickets away to local schools. Would help with getting people through the door and they would make money through food/drink/etc. sales.