Tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

Ormond

Just now, Ormond said:

Prices have been announced and it’s an utter disgrace that the two friendlies are costing more than the competitive games. Regardless of opposition this should never happen.

I know.  As I was reading the email I thought the prices were fair for the Nations League - then I saw the friendly prices.  Insane.  I've not missed a home game in Glasgow since he friendly v Argentina, but I doubt I'll be paying those prices for the Belgium and Portugal games.  When will they learn?

In my mind it is working out the same for both the Home nations and the friendlies as a member we are given 1000 points which will reduce the overall bill from £90 for the 4 games to £80 in total so hence £20 a match (again this is how i think about it in my mind). Seems pretty fair for international football. Also a £5 is a positive sign to make it financially viable for a dad/mum to take the kids.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Prices have been announced and it’s an utter disgrace that the two friendlies are costing more than the competitive games. Regardless of opposition this should never happen.

Did you not pay £88 for a friendly a few months ago? 😏

£80 for the 4 games isn’t bad at all. 

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You must have the wrong guy. I read on here that Ormond was telling them to ram their 88 quid up their arse ;)

Now you mention it I do recall him saying that, you could then imagine my surprise when I saw pictures on Facebook of Mr Ormond at the game 😂

7 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You must have the wrong guy. I read on here that Ormond was telling them to ram their 88 quid up their arse ;)

Thank-you both to Ally and yourself for being two of my most favourite cunts. 😂

What a surprise.  Folk moaning about prices. 80 notes for 4 international games. With decent opposition. Do you cunts  expect to get in for nothing. Out of interest how much was admission at Hamilton killie or st mirren

£25-£35 for a friendly is an absolute disgrace. 

£30 is the cheapest adult ticket for a non-member? Daylight fucking robbery springs to mind  

I’m not one for boycotts but I am seriously considering not going to either friendly.

It’s Portugal and Belgium ffs. Decent teams? Yes, but hardly worth that money for a friendly.  

£20 for a competitive game isn’t too bad but £25 for non-members is still a bit steep. 

Hell mend the SFA if these hugely important Nations League games don’t sell out.

27 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

What a surprise.  Folk moaning about prices. 80 notes for 4 international games. With decent opposition. Do you cunts  expect to get in for nothing. Out of interest how much was admission at Hamilton killie or st mirren

Folk presumably pay to go and watch Kilmarnock, Hamilton and St Mirren play competitive games, not glorified kick abouts with 7/8 substitutions. 

15/5 for the east and west stands would have been more like it. The 20 for the nations league is fair enough but you can't expect people to be happy about paying more for a friendly than a game that actually matters 

30 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

22 quid for behind the goal at Hamilton at the weekend.

Prices are fine 

31 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

Get a fucking hold of yourself. It’s the fact that a friendly game is dearer than a competitive one. That’s the point you are totally missing. 😒

The Portugal and Belgium games are nothing more than glamour fundraisers for the SFA so we shouldn't be too surprised they are cashing in, but the brass nature of making it so obvious is simply amateur. I'd predict very little footballing value in likely getting pumped in both of these games. 

The 4 ticket package for members works out an an average of £25 per game for the North Stand which isn't outrageous.  

46 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

If your going to the four games £80 is more than fair but it is strange the way the prices are. I would have reversed the prices for the individual games and would be pretty sure the SFA would have ended up with bigger sales charging more for competitive games and less for friendlies

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If your going to the four games £80 is more than fair but it is strange the way the prices are. I would have reversed the prices for the individual games and would be pretty sure the SFA would have ended up with bigger sales charging more for competitive games and less for friendlies

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, 1ANDYP said:

You cunts? What a charming fellow. 

It’s only 80 notes if you’re a member of the supporters club and sit in the cheap seats.  

Non-members will be paying over a ton. 

Qualifiers are actually really well priced, but agree with the friendlies being over priced.

If the pricing had been the other way around I probably would have said that was fair, as end of the day £80-90 for 4 Scotland matches is pretty good value when you take the discount off.

SFA marketing team will be hoping Portugal keep Ronaldo wrapped up in cotton wool between now and then, as their whole marketing campaign for these friendlies will be Scotland v the European Champions and Ballon d'Or winner, plus the team who finished 3rd in the World Cup.

16 hours ago, Ormond said:

Aye shock horror, a game where you need to pay a premium as an appearance fee costs more than a game that doesn't!

11 hours ago, 1ANDYP said:

What a surprise.  Folk moaning about prices. 80 notes for 4 international games. With decent opposition. Do you cunts  expect to get in for nothing. Out of interest how much was admission at Hamilton killie or st Mirren

£20 for Killie vs Rangers next weekend.

£10 Concessions

£5 U12s.

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye shock horror, a game where you need to pay a premium as an appearance fee costs more than a game that doesn't!

Probably plays a big part in the price increase.

Was there not an issue with the SFA not making a profit out of the Argentina game a couple of years ago. With the fee they had to pay Argentina they needed close to a full house to make it worthwhile.