This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 118 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Or it could just be a badly timed tackle. Not everything has to be connected to Rangers.  

Or maybe it does. 

Of course it doesn’t, but when there’s someone openly declaring his love for a team on any media exposure he can get, them you just have to assume that..................

Its a hun being a hun. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Of course it doesn’t, but when there’s someone openly declaring his love for a team on any media exposure he can get, them you just have to assume that..................

Its a hun being a hun. 

In terms of the current players with a MSM column Boyd is probably as critical of  Rangers as anyone else. But OK. 

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

In terms of the current players with a MSM column Boyd is probably as critical of  Rangers as anyone else. But OK. 

He can still love his team and be critical of them. Boyd is a hun and fantasist, he’s worse than Chris Sutton as a pundit. The way he declares his love and shows his support for rangers whilst playing for another team is unprofessional in the extreme but that’s scottish football for you. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He can still love his team and be critical of them. Boyd is a hun and fantasist, he’s worse than Chris Sutton as a pundit. The way he declares his love and shows his support for rangers whilst playing for another team is unprofessional in the extreme but that’s scottish football for you. 

Imagine being one of the top scorers in Scotland of all time and having an opinion on Scottish Football.  Ridiculous idea.  You know, we know and he knows that because he played for Rangers certain people will criticise his every word.  Including you.  So what does that make you?  Biased? Bigoted?  Only you can answer that.  I will listen to any ex-player no matter who they played for and either agree or disagree with their opinion.  But that's just me.  No bigoted view of the world or people.  Scotland Forever.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Imagine being one of the top scorers in Scotland of all time and having an opinion on Scottish Football.  Ridiculous idea.  You know, we know and he knows that because he played for Rangers certain people will criticise his every word.  Including you.  So what does that make you?  Biased? Bigoted?  Only you can answer that.  I will listen to any ex-player no matter who they played for and either agree or disagree with their opinion.  But that's just me.  No bigoted view of the world or people.  Scotland Forever.

I don't have a problem with any ex pro having an opinion on Scottish football, that's not what I have an issue with and you know it. You're moving the goal posts to make me out to be something I'm not. Try understanding what's been written by others and you might get less abuse.

53 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Delighted with a point for Killie, don't care how good bad or ugly it was, keeps us up there. Boyd just being Boyd really but Shinnie isn't shy of being a bawbag either.

There's also a picture of Boyd pointing and laughing at shinnie after the tackle, I don't mind players winding people up, I actually thought Boyd giving it back to dons fans was great.

However he is very unprofessional when it comes to being a pundit, it often goes into being disrespectful.

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't have a problem with any ex pro having an opinion on Scottish football, that's not what I have an issue with and you know it. You're moving the goal posts to make me out to be something I'm not. Try understanding what's been written by others and you might get less abuse.

There's also a picture of Boyd pointing and laughing at shinnie after the tackle, I don't mind players winding people up, I actually thought Boyd giving it back to dons fans was great.

However he is very unprofessional when it comes to being a pundit, it often goes into being disrespectful.

That is your opinion.  I quite like pundits who have an opinion also.  Instead of toeing the line and trying to be nice to everybody.  Willie Miller (as much as I love him as an ex player and person) toes the bbc line and never says anything out of line.  I.E. Boring as fuck.  Give me Boyd, Stewart, Sutton any day.  Listening to a journalist is like watching a football player.  I want the ones who live on the edge. They say it as it is and to hell who disagrees.  It's a subjective sport and we/they should be allowed to voice their opinions.  Even you Vanderark!  

49 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

That is your opinion.  I quite like pundits who have an opinion also.  Instead of toeing the line and trying to be nice to everybody.  Willie Miller (as much as I love him as an ex player and person) toes the bbc line and never says anything out of line.  I.E. Boring as fuck.  Give me Boyd, Stewart, Sutton any day.  Listening to a journalist is like watching a football player.  I want the ones who live on the edge. They say it as it is and to hell who disagrees.  It's a subjective sport and we/they should be allowed to voice their opinions.  Even you Vanderark!  

once again missing the point entirely

Absolute fucking scumbag of a human being. Killie fans should be ashamed to have this man in their team. As for Stevie Clarke saying that his players are professional and wouldn’t deliberately try and hurt someone, he should take a look at this and have publicly apologise to Killie fans for his behaviour. Absolute fucking cretin, I wouldn’t want anyone behaving like this for my team, but if killie boys are, then that says a lot about them too. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Absolute fucking scumbag of a human being. Killie fans should be ashamed to have this man in their team. As for Stevie Clarke saying that his players are professional and wouldn’t deliberately try and hurt someone, he should take a look at this and have publicly apologise to Killie fans for his behaviour. Absolute fucking cretin, I wouldn’t want anyone behaving like this for my team, but if killie boys are, then that says a lot about them too. 

Drama........it actually wasn't that bad a challenge. McInnes seems to agree. 

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

in what way does he declare his love for Rangers? Sutton in my view is a very good pundit - who would you rate as a good pundit just to get a gauge of your barometer? 

21 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Drama........it actually wasn't that bad a challenge. McInnes seems to agree. 

You think laughing at a fellow pro after putting your studs through them is the way forward? 

Probably says a lot about yourself more than anything. 

52 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

in what way does he declare his love for Rangers? Sutton in my view is a very good pundit - who would you rate as a good pundit just to get a gauge of your barometer? 

Sutton has one redeeming quality, he sticks up for Scottish football. When commentating he talks utter mince, particularly when Celtic play, he's not as bad as hartson though. 

I'd rather listen to Michael Stewart or Stephen Thompson than either of those two. 

As for boyds love for rangers, the fact he's always talking about them and writing about them is proof enough. 

Edited by vanderark14