This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I would say it was definitely improving pre 2012 but has deteriorated again and is as bad as ever.

They’ve all but cut out Hullo Hullo, but that’s it.

Id presumed a combination of sneaking under the radar in leagues 1&2 and a sense of injustice (chip on shoulder) had resulted in an increase.

You don’t hear it at Ibrox, but large away supports like at Killie or Fir Park highlight the fact it’s a sizeable “minority”.

Maybe I’m just more aware of it rather than it being any worse, but I don’t think it’s better now than 10 years ago.

I always find the song “the only tune that I can play, is FTP and the IRA” quite ironic.

:lol:

Yes. Its like Jaws 2. A whole new shark is back and it’s absolutely RAGING 😤 

19 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I wasn't pretending otherwise and said that such songs were sung. You mention 5 instances of songs that were sung. That is a long way from non-stop 90 minutes.

Add in Build My Gallows, When I was young I had to sense, Follow Follow with add ons, Hello Hello with add ons.

Then you've got the questionable ones like Derry's Wall's etc.

All were sung yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Debian said:

Apparently 'Every Saturday we follow' is sectarian now according to Twitter 😂😂

It’s just shite!

:lol:

I feel you’re missing the overall point.

Someone on Twitter has probably just assumed it’s sectarian as the Rangers fans were singing it.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Add in Build My Gallows, When I was young I had to sense, Follow Follow with add ons, Hello Hello with add ons.

Then you've got the questionable ones like Derry's Wall's etc.

All were sung yesterday.

So what is an acceptable football song?  Aberdeen fans singing about the Ibrox disaster?  Cellic fans supporting the IRA or Rangers fans singing the sash?  Football fans sing some disgusting songs.  And not just Rangers.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's full on "fuck the pope and the IRA" mode in games vs Aberdeen at ibrox too. The "you don't hear it at Ibrox" line is a complete lie. 

The absolute shite that Rangers fans on here seem to think is cool but when they read the words ‘Hun cunts’ they go running to the teacher like a greeting wee bairn. 

Looking forward to Aberdeen coming down to the Leith San Siro.   On Saturday.Practically sold out three stands and public sale going on now for half the South Stand.

looks likely now only Hearts will get the full South Stand this season.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

The absolute shite that Rangers fans on here seem to think is cool but when they read the words ‘Hun cunts’ they go running to the teacher like a greeting wee bairn. 

Who said it was cool?

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

All you fuckers that love to make light of it or either ignore it. You lot revel in it. 

Yeah. Nothing beats a song about deid Catholics or an Old Battle from 300 years ago.  

You're a fucking buffoon.  

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's full on "fuck the pope and the IRA" mode in games vs Aberdeen at ibrox too. The "you don't hear it at Ibrox" line is a complete lie. 

Just like the denial that comes from your support about songs celebrating people who died in the Ibrox disaster and players being crocked then?

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

All you fuckers that love to make light of it or either ignore it. You lot revel in it. 

No one makes light of it and nobody ignores it. Utter pish. I've lost count of the times Rangers supporters on here have condemned that shit. 

Unfortunately repeating the same condemnations does fuck all. 

The situation will only change with an outside influence which doesn't appear to exist. 

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No one makes light of it and nobody ignores it. Utter pish. I've lost count of the times Rangers supporters on here have condemned that shit. 

Unfortunately repeating the same condemnations does fuck all. 

The situation will only change with an outside influence which doesn't appear to exist. 

What a fucking clown you are. Nobody makes light of it right enough. 

The situation might fucking change when your own club changes the disgusting ways that it revels in.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Yeah. Nothing beats a song about deid Catholics or an Old Battle from 300 years ago.  

You're a fucking buffoon.  

Yep. Because singing about something that happened 300 years ago means your filth has evolved and is entirely acceptant of every culture in 2018. 

Buffoon indeed. I’m toying whether to run to the mods to grass that somebody called me a name. What a coward that you are. 

30 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Just like the denial that comes from your support about songs celebrating people who died in the Ibrox disaster and players being crocked then?

NOT SECTARIAN. We know that you cunts are not the sharpest but do keep up. 

Aberdeen sing fitba’ songs. You don’t. Please prove me wrong?

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

NOT SECTARIAN. We know that you cunts are not the sharpest but do keep up. 

Aberdeen sing fitba’ songs. You don’t. Please prove me wrong?

Obviously it's not sectarian you absolute moron.

But you agree with songs celebrating people who have died?

4 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Obviously it's not sectarian you absolute moron.

But you agree with songs celebrating people who have died?

I certainly do not agree at all with those songs. 

Disgusting as they are they are fitba’ songs. 

Singing about the death of an entire religion has absolutely fuck all to do with football and is something your disgusting organisation continues to condone every fucking day you moronic fuck.

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I certainly do not agree at all with those songs. 

Disgusting as they are they are fitba’ songs. 

Singing about the death of an entire religion has absolutely fuck all to do with football and is something your disgusting organisation continues to condone every fucking day you moronic fuck.

So in both cases are songs about the deceased which don't have anything to do with football.

The point stands, Rangers fans are no worse or better, than anyone else.

It's just magnified because of the size of our support. 

Anyway you support St Johnstone, a pretty irrelevant club.

7 minutes ago, GRBear said:

So in both cases are songs about the deceased which don't have anything to do with football.

A club who is amongst the best run clubs in Scotland financially and has been for the last 30 years.

What a typical moronic statement from someone who knows absolutely hee-haw about fitba’. A typical “Yoor a diddy, wur the peepil” line. 😂

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

A club who is amongst the best run clubs in Scotland financially and has been for the last 30 years.

What a typical moronic statement from someone who knows absolutely hee-haw about fitba’. A typical “Yoor a diddy, wur the peepil” line. 😂

You just have to laugh I suppose.

As you were x

26 minutes ago, GRBear said:

This simply must be bookmarked for all future TAMB use. What a pearler of a statement. 😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, GRBear said:

You are totally incorrect. The songs that your lot sing are wishing death on myself(alive) and all others who just happen to be born into a certain religion.