This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

36 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The cash that City have spent is phenomenal for that league. Where’s the money coming from, private or sponsorship? £350 to £400 a week against the £200 to £275 norm or in Berwick’s case £185. 😂 

I have no idea what the players are on, for any of the teams in that league. You’ve got a difference there of £75 - that’s no really ‘phenomenal’, is it?

Besides if you want to talk budgets, how come Celtic have had their worst start for 20 years?

34 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I have no idea what the players are on, for any of the teams in that league. You’ve got a difference there of £75 - that’s no really ‘phenomenal’, is it?

Besides if you want to talk budgets, how come Celtic have had their worst start for 20 years?

It’s not phenomenal? It is for that league. The majority of the clubs are between £60k (Albion Rovers) to the norm of £120k yet City are up, way ahead at £200k. That’s a huge difference, huge. 

49 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It’s not phenomenal? It is for that league. The majority of the clubs are between £60k (Albion Rovers) to the norm of £120k yet City are up, way ahead at £200k. That’s a huge difference, huge. 

Where are you getting your figures from?

im no doubting you like, I just have no idea what League 2 clubs pay. 

7 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Where are you getting your figures from?

im no doubting you like, I just have no idea what League 2 clubs pay. 

A friend who’s involved with BRFC. It’s huge considering it’s only your 2nd year and currently renting ground wise. Hope it is sustainable.

6 hours ago, Redz said:

Home fans pay the same - That was the initial question I replied to.

The toilets are no different in any other ground. 90% of the 'away' sectioned is covered. The fence impacts the home fans too. (See below 'why' it is there)  Hot food? Every away section runs out of that, even yours. 

Pittodrie isn't great for a lot of things I'll give you that however, my personal gripe is with what's on the pitch rather than off it. 

Nobody is, or at least not that I'm aware of.

I took exception to your examples which, quite frankly, are ridiculous.

Our 'problem' if you like, is that it was never meant to be the away 'end.'  It's very much the home section of old however, on police advice, we were told to change it.

Outwith Celtic & Rangers visiting a couple of seats in the main stand would be sufficient for the rest.

I don’t think comparing the away end at Pittodrie to Brockville or Broomfield is ridiculous.

Perhaps in part it’s due to lack of respect from visitors and resultant neglect from Aberdeen, buts it’s filthy, falling to bits, antiquated and the only comparisons I can draw is with grounds I visited in the late 80s.

i didn’t go yesterday, so maybe it’s been cleaned up, but I suspect bar fixing some of the more broken seats it’s the same.

You still go out the back into a brick toilet?

Its Brockville with seats.

(the east stand at Fir Park is not much better, but it’s £19)

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think comparing the away end at Pittodrie to Brockville or Broomfield is ridiculous.

Perhaps in part it’s due to lack of respect from visitors and resultant neglect from Aberdeen, buts it’s filthy, falling to bits, antiquated and the only comparisons I can draw is with grounds I visited in the late 80s.

i didn’t go yesterday, so maybe it’s been cleaned up, but I suspect bar fixing some of the more broken seats it’s the same.

To be fair, most of pittodrie is like that. It’s a dated ground, everyone knows that. Dunno why people are so surprised that facilities built in the 70’s/80’s are past their time, we all know it. 

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

A friend who’s involved with BRFC. It’s huge considering it’s only your 2nd year and currently renting ground wise. Hope it is sustainable.

Ok fair do’s (its our 3rd season though) 👍🏼

What do the likes of Clyde pay Goodwillie/Rankin? Sure they must be on a pretty hefty league 2 wage? Certainly more than Edinburgh City would be paying. 

Edited by McTeeko

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Didn't seem like anyone from Motherwell did.  

Terrible game of football.  McInnes yet again focuses on trying to counter the strengths of other teams rather than focusing on our own.  This was evidenced by dropping Lowe for Considine.  We were poor throughout and largely because we got sucked into the brawl that Motherwell wanted.  Consequently there was very little football and very little between the teams.  

Tuesday night will require pace, energy and desire.  Three things McInnes seems unable to inject into the team at the moment. 

5 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Ok fair do’s (its our 3rd season though) 👍🏼

What do the likes of Clyde pay Goodwillie/Rankin? Sure they must be on a pretty hefty league 2 wage? Certainly more than Edinburgh City would be paying. 

Apparently £450 for Goodwillie, basic. Sorry, 3rd. Time flies. 

Got bored in office so at Cove to see Aberdeen v Killie reserves. 

2-0 Killie at half time. They have a pretty strong team out though with Kiltie, Boyd and Dicker playing. Literally boys and men. No Dons players involved that are anywhere near the first team squad but quite a lot of U19’s playing. Have to say - Dicker isn’t standing out!!!  Kiltie and Boyd with the goals. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What a beautiful Sunday 

Almost.

Celtic getting beat by Killie was nice but if St Johnstone had sneaked a 1-0 vs the Huns then it would have been heavenly. ☹️

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Got bored in office so at Cove to see Aberdeen v Killie reserves. 

2-0 Killie at half time. They have a pretty strong team out though with Kiltie, Boyd and Dicker playing. Literally boys and men. No Dons players involved that are anywhere near the first team squad but quite a lot of U19’s playing. Have to say - Dicker isn’t standing out!!!  Kiltie and Boyd with the goals. 

One for the boards Killie fans - whats currently happening with this lad his career seems to have stalled ?

When he first started playing with Killie he looked a great prospect for club and country.

17 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Almost.

Celtic getting beat by Killie was nice but if St Johnstone had sneaked a 1-0 vs the Huns then it would have been heavenly. ☹️

One for the boards Killie fans - whats currently happening with this lad his career seems to have stalled ?

When he first started playing with Killie he looked a great prospect for club and country.

Whaur huv ye been Ersatz? 😃

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Whaur huv ye been Ersatz? 😃

Learning to ride a tractor.

Nah, seriously though. One of the mods pathetically gave me a six day ban about a year ago all because I upset one of his precious wee mates and I had too much pride to accept the warning receipt they give you ....... until today.

Fermer, is back I see. Should be fun.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Nah, seriously though. One of the mods pathetically gave me a six day ban about a year ago all because I upset one of his precious wee mates and I had too much pride to accept the warning receipt they give you ....... until today.

Aye, it’s went stupid with mods apparently upset at the tiniest wee thing that hurts their precious club. Huns running back like wee bairns tae the schoolteacher grassing. All sorts of personal name calling going on but I call a fitba’ club Huns and I got a 4 day ban myself recently. It’s pathetic with the pish that was 100 times worse from other posters. Only difference is some of us don’t feel the need to want people banned.

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

To be fair, most of pittodrie is like that. It’s a dated ground, everyone knows that. Dunno why people are so surprised that facilities built in the 70’s/80’s are past their time, we all know it. 

Whats the time frame for the new stadium?

Seems daft spending ££ on it, when it will just be student flats in a couple of years.

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Who is his Fermer??  Ha ha.  Life is about fun pal.  Good to see you back.  One thing I have learned on here is you have to have a thick skin!!  Scotland forever.

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Aye, it’s went stupid with mods apparently upset at the tiniest wee thing that hurts their precious club. Huns running back like wee bairns tae the schoolteacher grassing. All sorts of personal name calling going on but I call a fitba’ club Huns and I got a 4 day ban myself recently. It’s pathetic with the pish that was 100 times worse from other posters. Only difference is some of us don’t feel the need to want people banned.

I don't mind being called a hun Ormond.  But not scum.  Don't call someone something you wouldn't like to be called yourself.  You called me scum.  But I never reported you as I think you calling people on here then folk will make their own mind up about your personal feelings against one club.  Try and relax and I know it is hard for you after yesterday.  But it's only a game 💩.  See you in Albania x

11 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I don't mind being called a hun Ormond.  But not scum.  Don't call someone something you wouldn't like to be called yourself.  You called me scum.  But I never reported you as I think you calling people on here then folk will make their own mind up about your personal feelings against one club.  Try and relax and I know it is hard for you after yesterday.  But it's only a game 💩.  See you in Albania x

I never called you scum. Stop telling lies. Why must you lie all the time?

Edited by Ormond

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Ormond.  You generalise about Rangers supporteres being scum.  That is a fact and I can't be bothered searching through your posts to prove it.  But the Rangers supporters on this board are not actually scum.  They/me are Scotland supporters foremost.  If I started calling all st johnstone supporters scum that would include you.  But I wouldn't because I don't know you.  Take the hate away kid and rise above it.

8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ormond.  You generalise about Rangers supporteres being scum.  That is a fact and I can't be bothered searching through your posts to prove it.  But the Rangers supporters on this board are not actually scum.  They/me are Scotland supporters foremost.  If I started calling all st johnstone supporters scum that would include you.  But I wouldn't because I don't know you.  Take the hate away kid and rise above it.

You have said I personally called you scum. You are a liar.

My only ever personal attack on you was my response back to you after you and your witches coven(copyright Tidier) thought you were smart cunting me off when you knew fine well I couldn’t due to my ban because of you and your pathetic greeting Hun pals on here.