Big Col

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

We win by nine years then :ok:

At least yeez have won something 😜

Edited by jcs

25 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

We win by nine years then :ok:

Was driving and listening to game on radio. Just watched highlights.  Why were armed forces folk there today Stu?  Excuse my ignorance if it's to do with armed forces day.  Not at the wind up btw. for a change!

36 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The cash that City have spent is phenomenal for that league. Where’s the money coming from, private or sponsorship? £350 to £400 a week against the £200 to £275 norm or in Berwick’s case £185. 😂 

I have no idea what the players are on, for any of the teams in that league. You’ve got a difference there of £75 - that’s no really ‘phenomenal’, is it?

Besides if you want to talk budgets, how come Celtic have had their worst start for 20 years?

34 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I have no idea what the players are on, for any of the teams in that league. You’ve got a difference there of £75 - that’s no really ‘phenomenal’, is it?

Besides if you want to talk budgets, how come Celtic have had their worst start for 20 years?

It’s not phenomenal? It is for that league. The majority of the clubs are between £60k (Albion Rovers) to the norm of £120k yet City are up, way ahead at £200k. That’s a huge difference, huge. 

49 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It’s not phenomenal? It is for that league. The majority of the clubs are between £60k (Albion Rovers) to the norm of £120k yet City are up, way ahead at £200k. That’s a huge difference, huge. 

Where are you getting your figures from?

im no doubting you like, I just have no idea what League 2 clubs pay. 

7 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Where are you getting your figures from?

im no doubting you like, I just have no idea what League 2 clubs pay. 

A friend who’s involved with BRFC. It’s huge considering it’s only your 2nd year and currently renting ground wise. Hope it is sustainable.

6 hours ago, Redz said:

Home fans pay the same - That was the initial question I replied to.

The toilets are no different in any other ground. 90% of the 'away' sectioned is covered. The fence impacts the home fans too. (See below 'why' it is there)  Hot food? Every away section runs out of that, even yours. 

Pittodrie isn't great for a lot of things I'll give you that however, my personal gripe is with what's on the pitch rather than off it. 

Nobody is, or at least not that I'm aware of.

I took exception to your examples which, quite frankly, are ridiculous.

Our 'problem' if you like, is that it was never meant to be the away 'end.'  It's very much the home section of old however, on police advice, we were told to change it.

Outwith Celtic & Rangers visiting a couple of seats in the main stand would be sufficient for the rest.

I don’t think comparing the away end at Pittodrie to Brockville or Broomfield is ridiculous.

Perhaps in part it’s due to lack of respect from visitors and resultant neglect from Aberdeen, buts it’s filthy, falling to bits, antiquated and the only comparisons I can draw is with grounds I visited in the late 80s.

i didn’t go yesterday, so maybe it’s been cleaned up, but I suspect bar fixing some of the more broken seats it’s the same.

You still go out the back into a brick toilet?

Its Brockville with seats.

(the east stand at Fir Park is not much better, but it’s £19)

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think comparing the away end at Pittodrie to Brockville or Broomfield is ridiculous.

Perhaps in part it’s due to lack of respect from visitors and resultant neglect from Aberdeen, buts it’s filthy, falling to bits, antiquated and the only comparisons I can draw is with grounds I visited in the late 80s.

i didn’t go yesterday, so maybe it’s been cleaned up, but I suspect bar fixing some of the more broken seats it’s the same.

To be fair, most of pittodrie is like that. It’s a dated ground, everyone knows that. Dunno why people are so surprised that facilities built in the 70’s/80’s are past their time, we all know it. 

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

A friend who’s involved with BRFC. It’s huge considering it’s only your 2nd year and currently renting ground wise. Hope it is sustainable.

Ok fair do’s (its our 3rd season though) 👍🏼

What do the likes of Clyde pay Goodwillie/Rankin? Sure they must be on a pretty hefty league 2 wage? Certainly more than Edinburgh City would be paying. 

Edited by McTeeko

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Didn't seem like anyone from Motherwell did.  

Terrible game of football.  McInnes yet again focuses on trying to counter the strengths of other teams rather than focusing on our own.  This was evidenced by dropping Lowe for Considine.  We were poor throughout and largely because we got sucked into the brawl that Motherwell wanted.  Consequently there was very little football and very little between the teams.  

Tuesday night will require pace, energy and desire.  Three things McInnes seems unable to inject into the team at the moment. 

5 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Ok fair do’s (its our 3rd season though) 👍🏼

What do the likes of Clyde pay Goodwillie/Rankin? Sure they must be on a pretty hefty league 2 wage? Certainly more than Edinburgh City would be paying. 

Apparently £450 for Goodwillie, basic. Sorry, 3rd. Time flies. 

• Upvote 1