This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 141 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

15 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Now 1-2. Trying to picture the scene in Jersey at this moment...

2-2. Pretty sure Jim would be prepared for the equaliser and is probably even now sticking a fiver on a late Don's winner. 🙄

Excellent result for St Mirren, slightly spoiled by Dundee winning. 

Rangers have effectively handed the title to Celtic with that performance. 18 shots with only 1 on target tells the story. 

Unless Killie can get a hat trick of wins at home to Celtic, I'd say the league is over. 

26 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Excellent result for St Mirren, slightly spoiled by Dundee winning. 

Rangers have effectively handed the title to Celtic with that performance. 18 shots with only 1 on target tells the story. 

Unless Killie can get a hat trick of wins at home to Celtic, I'd say the league is over. 

Only St Mirren can get their best result of the season and fall further behind at the bottom.

Upside is any idea of staying in the pub next Saturday is oot the windae, easy Winn for us at Tynie next week.

Edited by Jersey Jim

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sadly I am at a children's birthday party in Falkirk at that point. Otherwise I may have been tempted to buy you a pint.

Still 0-0 today after 15 minutes. Got to be positive. 😊

If the kid gets ill and cancels the party you’re more than welcome to join us.

I reckon deep down you don’t want to follow follow Rangers and there’s a Linwood St Mirren supporter in there just dying to get out, me, Marky and Tdyer63 will easily turn you lol 

Guilford Arms 1200, be there 

18 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Only St Mirren can get their best result of the season and fall further behind at the bottom.

Upside is any idea of staying in the pub next Saturday is oot the windae, easy Winn for us at Tynie next week.

After today I might go for at least the first half now. 😁

29 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

If the kid gets ill and cancels the party you’re more than welcome to join us.

I reckon deep down you don’t want to follow follow Rangers and there’s a Linwood St Mirren supporter in there just dying to get out, me, Marky and Tdyer63 will easily turn you lol 

Guilford Arms 1200, be there 

I'll keep that in mind, Jim, thanks. 😊

I've always gone to St Mirren games, especially when a poor student in the late 80s.

Think you might be a few decades too late to get me to switch allegiances. Plus, from what I've experienced with my pals that support the Saints, I'm not mad enough. 😂

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'll keep that in mind, Jim, thanks. 😊

I've always gone to St Mirren games, especially when a poor student in the late 80s.

Think you might be a few decades too late to get me to switch allegiances. Plus, from what I've experienced with my pals that support the Saints, I'm not mad enough. 😂

Aye. Being insane is definitely an advantage supporting the Murn. 😃

Edited by Marky

29 minutes ago, macy37 said:

A win for us tomorrow and it’s job done I’d say. Kinda toying with the idea of Killie winning and I’d take it if it meant they’d kick in and secure 2nd. 😂

Until quarter to 5 today I genuinely thought it would have been celtic finishing 2nd, I now believe Rangers have shat it again and have totally capitulated but will still finish second. Hard to say if Morales is the cause of the result today but he certainly didn't do Rangers any favours this season by his complete and utter petulance (dickheadedness), twice now in the next league game since he has been sent off we lose points !

Not sure what has happened to Lafferty, but if Rangers are playing the long ball then surely he would have been the better target man knocking it down to the midfield, he was on fire for Hearts but seems to have become too comfortable just picking up a wage I feel..

35 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Until quarter to 5 today I genuinely thought it would have been celtic finishing 2nd, I now believe Rangers have shat it again and have totally capitulated but will still finish second. Hard to say if Morales is the cause of the result today but he certainly didn't do Rangers any favours this season by his complete and utter petulance (dickheadedness), twice now in the next league game since he has been sent off we lose points !

Not sure what has happened to Lafferty, but if Rangers are playing the long ball then surely he would have been the better target man knocking it down to the midfield, he was on fire for Hearts but seems to have become too comfortable just picking up a wage I feel..

Celtic what? You are clearly on drugs. Or delusional, which one?

24 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

If Celtic win tomorrow, and then at Tynecastle, I can't us not winning it.

I said the same before the chasing pack dropped points today though.

Before yesterdays game Rangers could feasibly have caught celtic, albeit needing to score a shit load of goals. Now they will need assistance from other teams....canny imagine who would want to try and help Rangers though?

6 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Before yesterdays game Rangers could feasibly have caught celtic, albeit needing to score a shit load of goals. Now they will need assistance from other teams....canny imagine who would want to try and help Rangers though?

That’s it, teams are helping Celtic win by losing to them to stop Rangers  :lol:

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'm always worried about games after European matches, especially when we've lost and are then away at one of the top 6.

The result yesterday takes some of the pressure off. 

True, a great chance for us to bury any challenge though. I honestly can't remember the last time we played well down there so more hopeful than confident today.