This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 140 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Me too.

I have no belief that Power had any intention other than winning the ball (his foot was at a dangerous height granted)

McGregor went to do Ferguson.

It doesn't matter the intent. It was a red card challenge. 

McGregor’s tackle was a red too. I don't actually believe he was trying to do Ferguson, as you say because he simply led with his studs. He didn't appear to be aiming or changing his aim whilst sliding. But again that doesn't make any difference to the card. 

19 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It doesn't matter the intent. It was a red card challenge. 

McGregor’s tackle was a red too. I don't actually believe he was trying to do Ferguson, as you say because he simply led with his studs. He didn't appear to be aiming or changing his aim whilst sliding. But again that doesn't make any difference to the card. 

Disagree, it wasn't a red. Player never went for Jack.

McGregor on the other hand knew exactly what he was doing and has previous for it.

50 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Disagree, it wasn't a red. Player never went for Jack.

McGregor on the other hand knew exactly what he was doing and has previous for it.

I agree he didn't see Jack until quite late on. He could have pulled out at the last second but didn't. 

It was a red though as the intent is immaterial. The rules of the game apparently don't care about intent, so the difference between the tackles is effectively nothing. 

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Funny that, the cunts had no issues when Clarke brought up the inconsistencies the other week.

In fact, Slippy even mocked it and said Ref's should be left to referee.

Refs WERE  left to referee, that's why McGregor was not sent off. It's all the bullshit after it that is nonsense. Why do we bother with referees now because we can obviously referee by proxy with the assistance from numerous camera angles. Technically the game should be replayed as it would have resulted in a penalty probably bringing it back even with all to play for as Rangers would have been down to 10 with a sub goalie. Same could be said of the first meeting of the season.

McGregor was a sending off offence, no doubt about it. He had time to look up as he knew he had the ball and could have tucked his legs up allowing the young lad to jump over his body. 

Killie CUNTS were lucky to escape a red, however it is what it is..

Guest faircity
2 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Refs WERE  left to referee, that's why McGregor was not sent off. It's all the bullshit after it that is nonsense. Why do we bother with referees now because we can obviously referee by proxy with the assistance from numerous camera angles. Technically the game should be replayed as it would have resulted in a penalty probably bringing it back even with all to play for as Rangers would have been down to 10 with a sub goalie. Same could be said of the first meeting of the season.

McGregor was a sending off offence, no doubt about it. He had time to look up as he knew he had the ball and could have tucked his legs up allowing the young lad to jump over his body. 

Killie CUNTS were lucky to escape a red, however it is what it is..

The major difference being that the overturning of the Morelos red was nothing short of scandalous. 

40 minutes ago, faircity said:

The major difference being that the overturning of the Morelos red was nothing short of scandalous. 

Not the point I was making, The only reasonable solution is to use referees from abroad as it seems most folk just don't have any faith in Scottish referees to be impartial.

No referees = no football

Compliance officer by the very name should be before a match, not after. VAR can only be the solution in Scotland, and while we are at it, there should be a game clock like basketball so the whole crowd can judge the timekeeping, this would eliminate deliberate time wasting. We might get 90 mins of football then .

9 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Not the point I was making, The only reasonable solution is to use referees from abroad as it seems most folk just don't have any faith in Scottish referees to be impartial.

No referees = no football

Compliance officer by the very name should be before a match, not after. VAR can only be the solution in Scotland, and while we are at it, there should be a game clock like basketball so the whole crowd can judge the timekeeping, this would eliminate deliberate time wasting. We might get 90 mins of football then .

You don't write statements for Rangers do you?

Anyway back on topic,

St Mirren to get their usual gubbing at Pittodrie, I went to the 4-1 defeat up there earlier in the season, expect a similar scoreline ( except Saints will be 0 and Aberdeen more than 4 ).

Actually fuck football it’s too depressing, please resume your slagging matches gents, it’s far more entertaining. 

3 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Anyway back on topic,

St Mirren to get their usual gubbing at Pittodrie, I went to the 4-1 defeat up there earlier in the season, expect a similar scoreline ( except Saints will be 0 and Aberdeen more than 4 ).

Actually fuck football it’s too depressing, please resume your slagging matches gents, it’s far more entertaining. 

I've not been to see St Mirren this season for a variety of reasons. Are they really that bad? 

Is there no hope of avoiding relegation? 

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Yes

No

Can't add much more to that really lol.

Oh dear. I'd go along to provide my support but I don't have a good record of seeing the Saints win. 

I'll maybe punish the kids when the weather gets better and take them along. 😉

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Oh dear. I'd go along to provide my support but I don't have a good record of seeing the Saints win. 

I'll maybe punish the kids when the weather gets better and take them along. 😉

Having a weekend in Edinburgh next week for the Hearts game, flying over with Marky who posts on here and meeting up with another TAMB poster TDyer63 and her hubby, Marky suggested fucking the match off and staying in the Guilford Arms on the lash all day, I’m beginning to think that’s not a bad idea lol.  

4 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Yes

No

Can't add much more to that really lol.

Steady, Dundee are more than capable of screwing up and going straight down, as are Hamilton, theres still so much to play for, or so many more games to lose to be more accurate.

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Having a weekend in Edinburgh next week for the Hearts game, flying over with Marky who posts on here and meeting up with another TAMB poster TDyer63 and her hubby, Marky suggested fucking the match off and staying in the Guilford Arms on the lash all day, I’m beginning to think that’s not a bad idea lol.  

Sadly I am at a children's birthday party in Falkirk at that point. Otherwise I may have been tempted to buy you a pint.

Still 0-0 today after 15 minutes. Got to be positive. 😊