Jump to content
Big Col

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Please just fuck off back to follow follow you stupid hun troll

Sorry.  I have never been on this follow follow thing that you frequent.  Stop trolling me please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Toepoke said:

 

 

 

 

 

Clarke, meanwhile, said it was his idea for suspended striker Kris Boyd to work as a Sky TV pundit at the Aberdeen-Rangers game on Wednesday rather than attend Killie's 2-2 draw at Dens Park the same evening.

'I asked him to go and do the game so we could have a look at the next opposition,' said Clarke.

'I couldn't get anyone else to the game, so it was two birds with one stone.. I believe some people on social media have been trying to make it an issue.

'It isn't an issue because he was working for me. He went there with my blessing to have half an eye on our next opponents.'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6684857/amp/Kilmarnocks-Steve-Clarke-hits-Steven-Gerrard-Rangers-boss-claimed-lacked-class.html

 

Aye, right ye are Steve. What complete and utter codswallop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

he has raised awareness (and raised a lot of money) for those suffering from mental health issues. not the actions of a scum-bag in my book. 

In other news, Jimmy Saville raised an estimated £40 million for various charities. Legend eh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, faircity said:

Aye, right ye are Steve. What complete and utter codswallop. 

Why? Steve Clarke has huge respect from his players, no way the club captain would be going to another game while his own team was playing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, faircity said:

In other news, Jimmy Saville raised an estimated £40 million for various charities. Legend eh. 

Now you see, attributing the name "scum bag" to Jimmy Savile is absolutely justified and more than warranted.  Attributing it to a footballer you don't like who plays (played) for a team you don't like who maybe says a few things you don't like is wildly over the top.  Chris Sutton boils my piss and I've I'm sure I've called him a fair few things in the past but he's not a scumbag just because he has some strong opinions.

(I realise it wasn't you who used the term btw).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Why? Steve Clarke has huge respect from his players, no way the club captain would be going to another game while his own team was playing. 

 

He is hardly going to say otherwise is he? Would you think that a man with his contacts would have no alternative but to send one of his strikers to scout the next opposition? Boyd was there to work for Sky and if i was a teammate of his I'd feel pretty fucked off at him bumping his own mates to watch Rangers. 

Just my opinion though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Now you see, attributing the name "scum bag" to Jimmy Savile is absolutely justified and more than warranted.  Attributing it to a footballer you don't like who plays (played) for a team you don't like who maybe says a few things you don't like is wildly over the top.  Chris Sutton boils my piss and I've I'm sure I've called him a fair few things in the past but he's not a scumbag just because he has some strong opinions.

(I realise it wasn't you who used the term btw).

I take your point. It was more aimed at the view that because someone raises a few bob for charity that they are somehow elevated to Sainthood. For example Goram, he might do charity work now and then but it can't be allowed to overshadow the fact that he is a vile bigot and a complete scumbag. 

Edited by faircity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, faircity said:

I take your point. It was more aimed at the view that because someone raises a few bob for charity that they are somehow elevated to Sainthood. For example Goram, he might do charity work now and then but it can't be allowed to overshadow the fact that he is a vile bigot and a complete scumbag. 

Sounds fair enough on Goram, but how does that apply to Boyd.

Weird that the only people who care about this are Aberdeen fans. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, faircity said:

I take your point. It was more aimed at the view that because someone raises a few bob for charity that they are somehow elevated to Sainthood. For example Goram, he might do charity work now and then but it can't be allowed to overshadow the fact that he is a vile bigot and a complete scumbag. 

If someone had called Goram a scumbag I'd find it hard to disagree with that due to all the Loyalist shite he's been involved in but Boyd?  Nah.  He's getting it because he's a "Hun".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Sounds fair enough on Goram, but how does that apply to Boyd.

Weird that the only people who care about this are Aberdeen fans. 

I didn't say Boyd was a scumbag, just pointing out that raising money wouldn't necessary prevent him from being one. Maybe you should ask the person who called him one in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

If someone had called Goram a scumbag I'd find it hard to disagree with that due to all the Loyalist shite he's been involved in but Boyd?  Nah.  He's getting it because he's a "Hun".

I don't like Boyd because he is a shite pundit. It says more about Sky than him that they are willing to pay him a wage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He's getting it because he's a "Hun".

Yep, I'd agree with that in the main........Which makes it perfectly acceptable :P

Seriously though, I suspect there's also a bit of how he reacted when not being picked for the national team / As well as fans of other teams giving consideration to how they would react if he played for their team and 'behaved' the way he is perceived to do so in the media?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, faircity said:

I don't like Boyd because he is a shite pundit. It says more about Sky than him that they are willing to pay him a wage. 

I don't think he's that bad in all honesty but then that'll be because I'm a Hun!! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Redz said:

Yep, I'd agree with that in the main........Which makes it perfectly acceptable :P

Seriously though, I suspect there's also a bit of how he reacted when not being picked for the national team / As well as fans of other teams giving consideration to how they would react if he played for their team and 'behaved' the way he is perceived to do so in the media?

Fans of 'other teams'. 😂 

Aberdeen fans. It's just Aberdeen fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't think he's that bad in all honesty but then that'll be because I'm a Hun!! :P

Yeah but there are huns and there are Huns, you are the lower case version 😘.

For now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

 but Boyd?  Nah.  He's getting it because he's a "Hun".

And because he's a prick. I wouldn't go as far as "scum bag" is certainly a bit of a prick though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And because he's a prick. I wouldn't go as far as "scum bag" is certainly a bit of a prick though. 

Which is fair comment.  That could probably be leveled at a number of players these days mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redz said:

Yep, I'd agree with that in the main........Which makes it perfectly acceptable :P

Seriously though, I suspect there's also a bit of how he reacted when not being picked for the national team / As well as fans of other teams giving consideration to how they would react if he played for their team and 'behaved' the way he is perceived to do so in the media?

He's made several unprofessional comments about aberdeen players in the past and then the tackle on Shinnie who was one of the player undeserving of a cap in his view. This from a guy who walked out on Scotland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Which is fair comment.  That could probably be leveled at a number of players these days mind you.

Indeed. I'm just reinforcing that he isn't disliked solely because he's a hun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do hope Boyd is reading this.  Spoken from folk that have never kicked a ball in their life.  He must be killing himself laughing.  Scotland Forever.  Boyd, Neil Simpson, Cooper, Scott Brown.  Forever.  Kris Boyd was a fantastic player and because he was a 'hun'! Stupid boys.  And these guys will be laughing as well.  Stand on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I do hope Boyd is reading this.  

Stopped reading after this. Boyd canny read, you numpty! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parklife said:

Stopped reading after this. Boyd canny read, you numpty! 

Sorry, canny understand whot you wrote there.  You agree about Scottish football this year Parkie?  Dinny fall out mate.  The board needs people who have an opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×