This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 130 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

The refs need to improve. Full time? I think so. Money is in the game now. Video evidence is used in most sports now. Watched the highlights of the rangers game and the  pks were debatable. As most are in any game. If rangers and celtic can spend millions on players then surely we can spend some on a video camera. But of course the autorities say it would take at least a year for the refs to understand them. Where do we get these refs from. To work out an action replay takes a year?? 

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The refs need to improve. Full time? I think so. Money is in the game now. Video evidence is used in most sports now. Watched the highlights of the rangers game and the  pks were debatable. As most are in any game. If rangers and celtic can spend millions on players then surely we can spend some on a video camera. But of course the autorities say it would take at least a year for the refs to understand them. Where do we get these refs from. To work out an action replay takes a year?? 

Bang on target - well said.

42 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Interesting. How do you define we? It shouldn’t be up to Rangers and Celtic to support the whole of the game. The ruling body should be doing this. 

If it’s them that you meant, them I agree 100%

1 out of 4 was a pen, the other one with Morelos he did get right though. Morelos doing the usual backing in, getting as close to the defender as possible and falling over, the centre half read it well and used a bit of strength.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:56 PM, sbcmfc said:

To be fair it annoys me when you don’t get a penalty and you reckon it’s just because you’ve already had one, and ref bottles giving you a second one.

4 penalties though?

:lol:

Are the refs jerseys hereditary or something?

On 2/2/2019 at 9:34 PM, The White Ceelo said:

Only a stupid referee would award 4 penalties in any game to one team if he were corrupt.

So, the world is full of folk doing irrational things. "nobody could be that stupid" is never a defence when humans are involved.

Although as Hanlon's razer pointed out once " Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Seen the highlights now. 

1st - stonewall penalty

2nd - Never a penalty and Defoe realised that he'd not been touched and didn't even claim for it. Very poor decision

3rd - replay shows it was just outside the box and the ref gave that only for the linesman to say it was inside. Not the refs fault. Having said that, it makes it an even worse decision as the lino should have the best view. 

4th - again replay shows contact started outside the box but difficult for the ref to see. Should have had help from the lino but I think the previous award shows he has a squint. 

The course of the game may have been altered but I doubt it. St Mirren didn't have a single shot on target. The result may have been less convincing but the 3pts were always Rangers after the first goal.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

1st penalty was probably correct, 2nd was a dive, 3rd and 4th were outside the box.

Id guess most non Rangers fans would agree with this.

Appalling decisions going their way.

Stevie G took it to a new level of stupid when trying to justify the penalty decisions

"The handball was outside the box but he was still handballing inside the box"

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seen the highlights now. 

1st - stonewall penalty

2nd - Never a penalty and Defoe realised that he'd not been touched and didn't even claim for it. Very poor decision

3rd - replay shows it was just outside the box and the ref gave that only for the linesman to say it was inside. Not the refs fault. Having said that, it makes it an even worse decision as the lino should have the best view. 

4th - again replay shows contact started outside the box but difficult for the ref to see. Should have had help from the lino but I think the previous award shows he has a squint. 

The course of the game may have been altered but I doubt it. St Mirren didn't have a single shot on target. The result may have been less convincing but the 3pts were always Rangers after the first goal.

Well summed up, nice to read an unblinkered view from a supporter for a change👍

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seen the highlights now. 

1st - stonewall penalty

agree with this, I would add that although St mirren were extremely unlikely to win or score, Dallas should still be questioned and his performance reviewed, goal difference may play a part in the later stages of the season both at the top of the table and the bottom

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Interesting. How do you define we? It shouldn’t be up to Rangers and Celtic to support the whole of the game. The ruling body should be doing this. 

If it’s them that you meant, them I agree 100%

Aye, that's what I meant.  How does it take a referee a year to train up to be able to review a decision?  Ma dug could learn it in a day.  And she is only a cleaner.

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Some selection problems for Rangers coming up with Candeias and Defoe's impending 2 match bans...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45802083

To be fair, I don’t think Candeias was an out and out dive. Would’ve been a soft free kick.

Defoe is a tricky one, did he get back to his feet and not claim out of embarrassment? Or has he anticipated contact that didn’t come...

:lol:

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

agree with this, I would add that although St mirren were extremely unlikely to win or score, Dallas should still be questioned and his performance reviewed, goal difference may play a part in the later stages of the season both at the top of the table and the bottom

The bigger problem here is not just the st mirren game it's the Hamilton game, one of the pens in that game was dodgy, not seen the other but those pens had a big bearing on the game given Hamilton had equalised. To give 6 pens to the same team in the last two games and for 4 of them to be dubious is worrying for the integrity of the Scottish game.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Stevie G took it to a new level of stupid when trying to justify the penalty decisions

"The handball was outside the box but he was still handballing inside the box"

He has come out with the type of drivel on numerous occasions this season that lead me to believe he's not the sharpest tool in the box.

A personal favourite was when he claimed football hasn't changed in the last 100 years.

15 minutes ago, Mox said:

He has come out with the type of drivel on numerous occasions this season that lead me to believe he's not the sharpest tool in the box.

A personal favourite was when he claimed football hasn't changed in the last 100 years.

He set the bar pretty high with his ludicrous claims at pittodrie on the opening day of the season. 😂

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

The bigger problem here is not just the st mirren game it's the Hamilton game, one of the pens in that game was dodgy, not seen the other but those pens had a big bearing on the game given Hamilton had equalised. To give 6 pens to the same team in the last two games and for 4 of them to be dubious is worrying for the integrity of the Scottish game.

Aye but mind, it evens itself out over the course of a season.