This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 116 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

3 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Dundee were well worth the win last night. Hearts were completely and utterly shite. 

Agree we were shite but no way did Dundee deserve to win. One brain fart from Shaugnessy got them the win. We had far more possession and shots (I know they don't count). Bizarre sub of Vanacek and comments about him after by Levein. If he wasn't fit he shouldn't have been starting and I really wonder how he will take the flak.

Was watching the Killie game in the background as I was focusing on the Dons game on ipad. However, of the parts I was paying attention to I thought Killie looked very good. 

Hoping for a cracker on saturday with no shite refereeing and the Dons just edging it.  

7 hours ago, XB52 said:

Bizarre sub of Vanacek and comments about him after by Levein. If he wasn't fit he shouldn't have been starting and I really wonder how he will take the flak.

A lot of people have been talking about this. Bad management. He's possibly just made an enemy out of a brand new signing.

If Vanacek wasn't fit upon arrival then Levein should have done what the majority of other managers would have done and held longer training sessions with the player and had him play two or three games with the reserves. 

Remember, he did the same thing to James McFadden. Before the infamous game against Liechtenstein at Hampden in 2010, Levein had been saying in interviews that he expected McFadden (who was not totally fit and was coming back from serious injury) to win the game himself and afterwards put all the blame for the embarrassing performance on McFadden. Very strange behaviour.

Levein is a coward who always needs a scapegoat. He can't admit to or handle criticism of himself.

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A lot of people have been talking about this. Bad management. He's possibly just made an enemy out of a brand new signing.

If Vanacek wasn't fit upon arrival then Levein should have done what the majority of other managers would have done and held longer training sessions with the player and had him play two or three games with the reserves. 

Remember, he did the same thing to James McFadden. Before the infamous game against Liechtenstein at Hampden in 2010, Levein had been saying in interviews that he expected McFadden (who was not totally fit and was coming back from serious injury) to win the game himself and afterwards put all the blame for the embarrassing performance on McFadden. Very strange behaviour.

Levein is a coward who always needs a scapegoat. He can't admit to or handle criticism of himself.

Spot on.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:22 AM, Mox said:

Burke looks like the kind of player who made it as a result of being faster and stronger than everyone at his age level growing up, I'm.not entirely convinced there is a player there.

I think you are being very harsh. He was excellent at Forest as an 18-year old. He probably moved too early to Germany but we'll done to him for having the balls to try it.

If you are right, he is still faster and stronger than most players he's up against so no reason he can't still do well.

I like him and really hope he does well for us this season and whoever he is with next season. 

5 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think you are being very harsh. He was excellent at Forest as an 18-year old. He probably moved too early to Germany but we'll done to him for having the balls to try it.

I watched him closely in the games he managed at Leipzig and he absolutely didn’t look out of place at the top end of the Bundesliga. There’s maybe something about tactical awareness or defensive shape/decision making that required more work. Work rate maybe ? Baffled by the West Brom situation but the boy simply needs games now. I suppose over the course of the Scottish season now we will get a chance to form opinions based on evidence, but I suspect he is going to be superb in this league.

22 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen in a real good run of form now. Huuuuge game on Saturday that i cannot wait for. Our run of the next 4 games could define our season. Killie (H), Stenny (a), Hibs (a), Huns (H). 

4 wins there and we've got a chance at a really special season. 

On a side note, I am enjoying the Gerrard show down Govan way. 

Aberdeen have been absolutely shite for 4/5ths of the season, yet are joint on points with the super duper team Gerrard has spent £15 million assembling. 

Can i ask what you mean by a really special season??

48 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

I would have thought that was pretty obvious

A win in the league against those three teams would put us at a minimum 2nd place depending on Celtic's results and we'd be in the next round of the cup

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

I'm not interested in your "Celtic are da best and will win da league. hail hail. UTLR" chat. 

Cheers. 

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

two things here. Calling Levein a coward has to be the biggest joke going, you have obviously never met him. Also, Vanacek has apologised to Levein for his physical fitness and has agreed to extra sessions to get to where he should be so looks like the bollocking has worked (even though I had my doubts)

Just now, XB52 said:

two things here. Calling Levein a coward has to be the biggest joke going, you have obviously never met him. Also, Vanacek has apologised to Levein for his physical fitness and has agreed to extra sessions to get to where he should be so looks like the bollocking has worked (even though I had my doubts)

Ooooooohhhhhh is big bad Craigie gonnae do me in then ? :rollsmile:

Wind yer neck in.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ooooooohhhhhh is big bad Craigie gonnae do me in then ? :rollsmile:

Wind yer neck in.

??????  you called him a coward and I simply said you have never met him to be saying that. You can call him a crap manager if that's what you think but no way on earth is he a coward. My neck is fine, can't speak for you

35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Isn't it Levein's job to assess the guys fitness, and thus take the flack if he fields him and it doesn't work out?

Pretty clearly Vanacek has been unprofessional in turning up in the condition he has. And Levein was right to hook him when he did.

However where to start with how many things Hearts/Levein have got wrong on this? They knew he finished playing in the Czech Republic at the end of November, why didn’t they have sort of monitoring in place re what sort of training he was doing in December? He arrived in Edinburgh at the start of January, went on the training camp with the squad in Murcia, and played in the bounce game against Lokeren. He trained with the rest of the squad before the Livingston game, a match against one of the hardest working teams in Scottish football. He played the full 90 minutes, was involved in the goal, and generally  judged to have had a reasonable debut. No mention at all then about his lack of fitness, and Levein (having had the player at the club for over three weeks, and seen him in a Cup game) chose to start him against Dundee. And then, above all, having hooked him, why on earth come up with public criticism and the childish ‘rubbish’ comment? And why has he now three players on the books (Vanacek, Wighton and Clare) who were signed not fully fit. 

The defeat to Dundee was as poor a performance I’ve seen from Hearts for a while. He did steady things after the carnage Cathro left behind him, and we had a great start to the season. We have been hit hard by injuries, but the football in the last couple of months has been terrible. Suggestions that all his public spats with other managers and the media are just deflection are beginning to ring true.

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

Pretty clearly Vanacek has been unprofessional in turning up in the condition he has. And Levein was right to hook him when he did.

However where to start with how many things Hearts/Levein have got wrong on this? They knew he finished playing in the Czech Republic at the end of November, why didn’t they have sort of monitoring in place re what sort of training he was doing in December? He arrived in Edinburgh at the start of January, went on the training camp with the squad in Murcia, and played in the bounce game against Lokeren. He trained with the rest of the squad before the Livingston game, a match against one of the hardest working teams in Scottish football. He played the full 90 minutes, was involved in the goal, and generally  judged to have had a reasonable debut. No mention at all then about his lack of fitness, and Levein (having had the player at the club for over three weeks, and seen him in a Cup game) chose to start him against Dundee. And then, above all, having hooked him, why on earth come up with public criticism and the childish ‘rubbish’ comment? And why has he now three players on the books (Vanacek, Wighton and Clare) who were signed not fully fit. 

The defeat to Dundee was as poor a performance I’ve seen from Hearts for a while. He did steady things after the carnage Cathro left behind him, and we had a great start to the season. We have been hit hard by injuries, but the football in the last couple of months has been terrible. Suggestions that all his public spats with other managers and the media are just deflection are beginning to ring true.

I always enjoy your posts. Free from bias and very measured. 

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm not interested in your "Celtic are da best and will win da league. hail hail. UTLR" chat. 

Cheers. 

Ask a question and get that back..... What a fantastic response.... No wonder this place is on its arse with people like you and hopefully you get your special season and finish second 

Edited by Blackpool78

18 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Ask a question and get that back..... What a fantastic response.... No wonder this place is on its arse with people like you and hopefully you get your special season and finish second 

I suspect that Parklife will have taken into consideration the type of poster you are and tailored his response accordingly.  You reap what you sow and all that. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

23 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I watched him closely in the games he managed at Leipzig and he absolutely didn’t look out of place at the top end of the Bundesliga. There’s maybe something about tactical awareness or defensive shape/decision making that required more work. Work rate maybe ? Baffled by the West Brom situation but the boy simply needs games now. I suppose over the course of the Scottish season now we will get a chance to form opinions based on evidence, but I suspect he is going to be superb in this league.

Pretty close to my own opinion. I think at West Brom he either wasn't getting inspired, for want of a better word, by the team/tactics/manager. 

The boy has pace and power so surely just needs game time to improve along with some basic coaching? 

Sadly I think he'll hit a solid run of form especially on the better pitches suited to players with pace.